Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 36 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Went in today for the ultrasound and my ovary is covered with cysts. I told my Dr that I wanted it out right away but he wants me to try a 3 month course of low dose birthcontrol pills. My DH andI talked tonight and when I go back the 25th I am going to tell the Dr to take it out. I went through this in 2001 and the pill didn't help and ended up haveing my right one removed. I know that I will have to go on hormones and really dread the thought of the hot flashes and all but I want this pain to be over with. I really wish I had talked my Dr into removeing it while doing the hyster. I guess I just wanted the easy way on this now look at me. This is all real depressing and I am getting discouraged about the recovery process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Post-op TAH

[font=Lucida Console][size=2][color=Magenta]

I had a TAH on 5/25/07. The doctor said he was suprised that I could even walk with the problems that I had with my uterus. It was stuck to my abdomen and my bladder. I also nearly had to have a blood tranfusion. I am feeling great now. My husband doesn't seem to understand that I can't do too much and he gets frustrated that the house isn't clean. I get frustrated that he doesn't help me. I can't get to frustrated either because he leaves at aroung 8 in the morning and comes home at 1030 p.m. eats dinner and then has to go to bed to get some rest for the next day. I don't like the house a mess either, but what can I do? I just wish he understood that I can't hellp it! I want to do stuff but I know that I shoudn't.
Unread 06-14-2007, 11:35 PM

You have the same name as me. I am so sorry that you got an infection! I hope that you get to feeling better soon!!

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2007, 03:47 AM

A bit confusing with two having the same nick....

Sorry to hear about UTI (I had one as well) and infections. Hope you all will be fine very soon.

I have a bit of a weird thing going on with the healing of the different layers of stiches, so now it is really swollen and looks like a fat snake is laying under my skin. I guess that's expected, but it's still weird. I wonder if it will stay this way forever, 'cause it's really anything but hot to look at.

Yesterday was my 21 day post op, and I'm still having some red and pink discharge, but it's really not a lot, so I will continue to take it as easy as possible. I haven't got any appointment with the Doc for follow up, so I'm eagerly waiting for a letter.

Have a nice day, Princesses!
Unread 06-15-2007, 06:40 AM

dawn_maske........thank you on the road to recovery somewhat........don't try to do too much to soon trust me .that's why i'm battling an infection i done too much to soon.set me back about 2weeks. my house looks awful it will take a month of sundays to get it back where it was.maybe by then i'll have the energy to do it.

dawn
Unread 06-15-2007, 07:10 AM

Dawn_Maske....
Sorry to hear your frustrations.....the house will be there forever....you get better first! I was worried after I had my LSH on 25 May that my house would just be destroyed when I came home, I was amazed! My husband and children have stepped up and keep it pretty tidy and friends were bringing food and I was getting messages from here. The support was amazing and continues to be.
I know how painful it is...after YEARS of complaining and NOTHING helping my pelivc and back pain....they did LSH. Well....BIG SHOCK when they got in there....My uterus was attached to my ABD wall behind my belly button....it wasn't even in the right position or place it was suppose to be. They took pictures of everything and it is amazing to look at. I have read alot of peoples posts and I WISH that when we continue to have pain and know that something is not right with our bodies that we would be LISTENED too!
Take care and keep healing!
Unread 06-15-2007, 07:20 AM

Good Morning Ladies

I feel pretty good this morning. Last night however was the worst night sleep I have had since surgery. When we were sitting down to eat, I got up to grab napkins, when I sat back down I must have done it to fast/hard or something. I don’t really know what I did-all I know is I got a stabbing pain. That pain persisted for about 2-1/2 hours and then the swelling kicked in. I kept an icepack on it and that helped some. So this morning, I am swollen-but at least the pain is gone.
Unread 06-15-2007, 07:23 AM

dawn_maske: don't worry about your hubby or the house. The house will get clean when you are ready and you only get one chance to heal right. Kerry: sorry to hear about the cysts! I know there is a cyst on my one ovary, but am waiting to see what my urogyn suggests when I go in. I only have one ovary and I know he didn't want me to lost it if at all possible. It's been hurting though! My urogyn did call in an antibiotic, without a culture, but I"m pretty sure it was a UTI. I have to go see him next week. Last night was the first in awhile that I couldn't sleep and I had the worst dreams!
Unread 06-15-2007, 07:31 AM

Those not sleeping..can I join in? I have insomnia bad, and Lunesta doesn't work. I cannot get my eyes to close or my mind to shut down. I am exhausted!!!
Unread 06-15-2007, 07:32 AM

Three and a half weeks post op, and for the most part, I'm feeling pretty good. Yesterday though, was pretty rough. I had absolutely NO ENERGY...I didn't do a thing and felt like I had run a marathon. DH worked from home, and for some reason, I felt bad about not doing anything, but it was honestly a struggle just to keep my eyes open all day. My belly is swollen like it hasn't been in a while, more so on my right side, which looks pretty funky when you're looking down on it. I had just gotten used to seeing my feet again, then poof...their gone! I can't see under my belly without lifting it, and I'll tell you what...that's a sight that will make you chuckle. I have to wash off the adhesive from my hormone patch with alcohol and a cotton swab, but I can't see it! The kids caught me trying to lift and scrub and couldn't stop laughing. Of course, I was getting frustrated, so when they caught me it lightened my mood and I started laughing with them. I decided to leave the adhesive there too, till hubby got home to help me.
So, in any event...no real problems here, other then feeling tired and the swelly belly. Don't go back to doctor till July 9th for 6 week post op check (it will actually be 7 week at that point, as he's vacationing during my 6th week) and I have to say, I'm getting a bit anxious on the whole "sex" thing. I'd like to know that my remaining parts are still working and find out if the 300 plus kegels I'm doing all day, everyday, will make a difference!
Well, I hope all of you that are having difficulties start to feel better soon. I'll be thinking about you ladies.
Take care, be safe, and stay sane.
Susie

(P.S. Day four on Chantix- quit date is Tuesday May 19th. Hopefully, this will do the trick.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register