Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Susie, I felt pucky too. So you're part of the 300+ kegels a day too! I thought I was the only one doing those in that number. My urogyn is trying to build up my pelvic floor muscles so I can avoid rectal repairs! I'll kegel away for a long time before I'd want those. Hope things continue to go well for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2007, 08:14 AM

Hi All!!
Good morning to everyone.
To all you sleepless princesses, my doctor prescribed Ambien for me and last night was the first night since surgery that I didn't wake up in the middle of the night. I finally feel refreshed.
Everyone, make sure you take care of yourselves and don't get too down on yourselves about housework. It'll always be there. This is our time to heal.
Have a wonderful day!!
Darlene
Unread 06-15-2007, 08:17 AM

I think many of us have had a UTI simply because of the catheter for surgery. I was told my bladder and uterus were stuck together. Most of us with endometriosis and adhesions are probably in the same boat. As the bladder heals there are spasms. Maybe we feel like we have an ongoing UTI when it is merely the healing. Anyone looking for an over the counter pill for the hot flashes and nightsweats should try Estroven... it has changed my life. In 9 days everythinng is better. The hotflashes are shorter and cooler and the nightsweats are minimized. Keep healing... I can't wait to get into a pool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2007, 08:47 AM

does anyone know why we can't sleep? i get 4-5 hrs per night if i'm lucky - even with Ambien 10mg. Last night I took 1 and a half Ambien and it still took about 1.5 hrs to fall asleep! I slept 6.5 hrs. woohoo! I just don't understand why I don't pass out asleep. I sure feel like I need to!

Today makes 3 weeks since surgery for me. Things are better but I really wish I had more time off work. I"ve been back to work this week and it's definitely been too early, what with no sleep and persistent pain.

Last night I went to a function at church where I sat in a folding chair for about 1.5 hrs. OMG! Pain! I won't be doing that again any time soon. Plus I'm sure I disturbed those around me b/c I kept fidgeting trying to get comfy, which was impossible.

I had an altercation with the painter who never did finish the job at our house but wanted to get paid. Uh, I don't think so! Don't mess w/me right now, Mister. I'm irritable and I'm sleepless. He definitely felt the wrath of Cassie and when he showed up today he was sweet as pie. He did the final work and I paid him. Good riddance. He did a terrible job but I don't have the energy to fight about that with him. I'm glad to have him out of my life.

Still worried about my dysplasia and not being able to find out anything for about 2 months. Scary.

Well, that's my update for 3 weeks. Keep those chins up, Girls!

TGIF!
Unread 06-15-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavhmay2007
does anyone know why we can't sleep? i get 4-5 hrs per night if i'm lucky - even with Ambien 10mg. Last night I took 1 and a half Ambien and it still took about 1.5 hrs to fall asleep! I slept 6.5 hrs. woohoo! I just don't understand why I don't pass out asleep. I sure feel like I need to!

Today makes 3 weeks since surgery for me. Things are better but I really wish I had more time off work. I"ve been back to work this week and it's definitely been too early, what with no sleep and persistent pain.

Last night I went to a function at church where I sat in a folding chair for about 1.5 hrs. OMG! Pain! I won't be doing that again any time soon. Plus I'm sure I disturbed those around me b/c I kept fidgeting trying to get comfy, which was impossible.

I had an altercation with the painter who never did finish the job at our house but wanted to get paid. Uh, I don't think so! Don't mess w/me right now, Mister. I'm irritable and I'm sleepless. He definitely felt the wrath of Cassie and when he showed up today he was sweet as pie. He did the final work and I paid him. Good riddance. He did a terrible job but I don't have the energy to fight about that with him. I'm glad to have him out of my life.

Still worried about my dysplasia and not being able to find out anything for about 2 months. Scary.

Well, that's my update for 3 weeks. Keep those chins up, Girls!

TGIF!
It's a cycle: no sleep, no mental rest, add pain (physical and psychological--next time *Bite* the crummy painter and take no prisioners!) and a liberal dose of the everyday world and you get no sleep! bringing us back to the beginning of the cycle. You mention the dysplasia, and that you have been left hanging fire for two months. No wonder you can't sleep. Pamper yourself better and go scream on someone's shoulder. You can do that here you know. Keep writing. I care.
Unread 06-15-2007, 03:00 PM

endoblue68
my mom has just started the chantix and only smoked 8 cigs yesterday. I praised her so as she is 63 and has smoked forever at least 50 years. Just start changing your habits that you attribute with the smoking and Join the get quit website it is helpful. I'm rooting for ya.

Happy Day,
cherrill
Unread 06-15-2007, 05:17 PM

Thanks Cherrill...I can use all the help I can get. Hope your recovery is going smoothly. I'm exhausted again today. It's only 7:15 and I'm seriously considering going to bed for the night. Hope I'm not getting sick!
Sounds like your mom is heading in the right direction...best of luck to her.
Take care, be safe and stay sane.
Susie
Unread 06-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Tvh

Well I got into trouble for going back to work too soon. Wend two days prior to the two mark. So worked four days that week. dumb dumb got into trouble had some pains on monday call dr office they squezed me in to see another gyno he checked me out said I was fine and I shouldnt of worked last week but I could work this week. Flew to utah on tues night flew home on weds worked thurs and today and I know I over did it my discharge is heavier the pretty bright pink stuff. But if I remember right they said it gets a bit worse just before your done discharging. The fleshy pink stuff. I hardly even spotted after the surgery at all and now a little over three weeks theres more. so I cant worry they said it will get a bit worse toward the four week mark. anyone else having this??
Unread 06-15-2007, 06:51 PM

I had my TAH the same day you had your TVH and my discharge is gone. I haven't gone back to work, (I work at a school, and so school is out) but I do my normal stuff around the house and errands and shopping.
Unread 06-15-2007, 09:03 PM

hi wmac,
My discharge has gotten a little bit heavier, too. More like real blood. I was afraid I was doing too much, but haven't had any pain or anything. Still just spotting..nothing big. More colorful, though. If anyone else has any wisdom on this, let me know.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register