Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

I will try apples thanks! (I am also grossed out by my swelly belly)
Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2007, 11:13 AM

I have been getting the best of both worlds ladies...apples and yogurt! I love slicing apples and dipping them into vanilla yogurt!! SO GOOD. The natural bacteria in the yogurt is good for the intestines and the apples help move it all on down the pike!
Unread 06-16-2007, 11:44 AM

Hi ya'll....
It kinda worries me to read that eveybody is having DC, cause I did for like three days after surgery and that was it! Should I be worried???? I had LSH....so that cartirized my cervix shut...wonder if that has anything to do with it?? Anyway....any info would be great to have.
The only thng I was told is that if after what I was having stopped to call the Dr. office right aways because that wasn't normal. As a nurse I understand to some degree, but not all the way. Confused???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2007, 01:34 PM

i am extremely sore....wondering when i can start working out again
Unread 06-16-2007, 04:28 PM

Nascar Gal - What's a DC?

I'm almost 3 weeks out since the laparoscopic hyst (kept my ovaries and cervix)... Would normally be due for my period on Monday... Wonder how that is going to go... I definitely felt my ovaries kick in with ovulation a while back... Looking forward to having NOTHING going on this week. Keep your fingers crossed!
The 3 incisions are healing nicely. Still not wearing normal clothes though - I haven't measured myself but everything is too tight and bothering my belly button incision... I've never been a low cut kinda physique... And alot of my clothes have elastic waistbands - but the only comfy thing are these really loose pants I bought for my recovery which I can roll down below my belly-button. OK - so they're pj pants - but really - other than what aisle you bought them in - what's the difference between PJ's and pants - I don't sleep in either! That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it... Nothing like going in to work in pj looking pants... No one thought I looked ready to return to work!!
Energy levels are not great. Actually better a week ago then they were today. It seems to come and go. But I only have one week left of recovery before going back to work - so I'm not sure should I do more and more each day to work up my stamina - or just try to take it as easy as possible and see how it goes by the end of the week.
Bowels are my main issue that I have to keep in mind all the time. If I'm not careful - it feels like bricks are passing through my bowels... This isn't new - but it's not better since the operation. Other things are - like I have yet to have heartburn which I used to have 3-4 times a week before...
So I'm trying to drink lots of water, peppermint tea, and I have a smoothie with Benefiber powder in the morning and will have between 5 and 10 prunes during the day - and sometimes an apple too - although I haven't seen any results with apples - I do know 5 prunes a day is what used to keep me regular... It's not enough now though. My goal is to have one good BM per day - otherwise I pay for it big time with pain the next day with pain.
The feeling of my insides feeling rearranged is getting better - and the feeling like gravity is pulling extra hard on my belly when I walk is also getting better... But I just don't have much energy. A week ago I was going nuts thinking I'd be home doing a whole bunch of nothing again - but this week flew by - my body seemed to be saying stay on that couch girl and watch another DVD of 24 or Lost... I do take one to two walks a day with my pooch - the same route - and it's been getting better each time. Then on Friday I tried going a bit farther - and I almost didn't make it home... What's up with that? I should be building stamina and endurance - no? And it's not like I was doing too much the day before! Maybe I'm doing too little... I'm afraid to overdo it... Grrr - frustration!
Hope you all are hanging in - this too shall pass - right??!?!?
Unread 06-16-2007, 05:01 PM

I think Nascargal meant 'discharge'. I don't miss that aspect of healing! LOL! Those pads were getting on my nerves. Reminded me of after having a child....it went on forever! Now a panty liner suffices!

I am having real problems with getting enough rest. I am really tired, but can't fall asleep. I am not having sweats or hot flashes, I just can't relax to fall asleep. I hate it...lying in the dark wanting to go off to la la land and nothing. It is miserable!!

Stamina is okay. I do things in spurts. Like today, after taking my dad to the airport I came home and did the linen closet, and threw a bunch of old stuff out and cleaned the bathroom. Went shopping too....hmmm...maybe I did too much! LOL!
Unread 06-16-2007, 06:25 PM

Happy Father's Day to all of us who have been missing this special guy at this time: to Rancherdaughter who just lost her dad, to those of us whos childhood still misses something. Yeah, recovery can be slow. Keep the chin(s?!?) up: is it me or is my face swelling? ;-)
Unread 06-16-2007, 08:17 PM

Gosh darn it - I must have jinxed myself. I haven't had any problems with discharge since my 3rd day out... And now guess what - period would be due tomorrow or Monday - and I've got dark brown discharge starting!!!! GRRR!
Unread 06-16-2007, 08:39 PM

Who is still having pain needing to take either narcotic pain releivers or at the least ibuprofen or tylenol? I am still taking 600 mg of ibuprofen 2-3 times a day and am wondering when the pain is going to end. I am not cleaning closets either or other major housework which I would love to do during my time off of work. But I am still resting more than I do anything else and am wondering when on earth I am going to be feeling like doing more.
Unread 06-16-2007, 08:41 PM

I haven't been on pain killers for anything related to the hysterectomy.....but I have had occasional migraines that I have had to take meds for. Abdominal pain is lessening with each day..just wish my bowels would be 100 percent again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register