Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-19-2007, 04:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

HI girls! Sorry I haven't been on lately. I went back to work at 3 weeks post op and I am doing great. I have a 4 week post op appt today. Hubby and I are hoping to get the "go ahead" in the bed..hehe....anyone else try it yet? Im kinda scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2007, 05:01 AM

My doc said six weeks....so, not yet!
Unread 06-19-2007, 05:51 AM

My doc said don't even think about it till 6 weeks post op, and that's after he goes in to remove any remaining stitches. Lucky me...I have to wait till 7 weeks because doc is vacationing during what would be my 6 week mark. I'm happy to report that my interest in that is still very strong, and I'm looking forward to it myself. But I'm not ignoring my doc on this one. The vaginal cuff needs time to heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2007, 06:25 AM

Welcome to the new princesses!

lucky2bhere: How scared you must have been, you poor thing. No wonder you are quite emotional, you have a lot of thing on your mind right now, and you have to deal with it, one way or another. You're only a human.
Unread 06-19-2007, 06:28 AM

I agree. As much as I cannot wait for the okay, I already warned my husband that "I WILL BE IN CONTROL!!", if for no other reason than the fact that I know I will be very nervous. Heck, I am nervous about the thought of the doctor doing the check. By that time, I will be in week 8, due to his schedule being extremely booked (thank God for a patient and understanding husband...did I mention frustrated, too) :confuse:.
Hope this week is going well for all!!!
Unread 06-19-2007, 06:29 AM

Good morning georgeg! And welcome to our group of recovering women. I am glad you found us and shared some of your story. We are all in various stages of recovery from varied types of hysterectomies.

I took a walk yesterday for 10 min and you would have thought I had done some athletic event in the Olympics. Be careful with the gardening. Don't overdo.

Out till the 17th, huh? Sounds like a nice long time. Unfortunately I have to return I think on or around July 5th. Getting quite used to being a lady of leisure/recovery.

I hope you continue to recover some each day and it goes smoothly.

Take care!
Unread 06-19-2007, 06:46 AM

Welcome georgeg....hope you're doing well! My UROGYN told my DH to not even think about anything for at least 6 weeks and until he cleared me! I have too much to risk by not listening! Other than that wierd head feeling yesterday, and some nausea from my Levoquin, am feeling good. Looks like we're all getting there! Schnowzerz, I wouldn't be vacuuming, that was one no no that my GYN really warned me about.
Unread 06-19-2007, 07:08 AM

Today is the 4 week mark, I was feeling pretty good yesterday and thought I would try and go to work today...wrong! My ovary has flared up again! I am waiting for the Dr's office to call me back, I am getting real frustrated with the whole cyst thing. I want to get this ovary out ASAP. I drove alittle this past weekend and it was kinda nice to get out and be by myslef for a few minutes. I have started with the whole crying thing the past few days. I guess it has to do with my ovary and hormones. I am happy to see that everyone is recovering well...this has been the longest 4 weeks of my life..I never thought I would get so bored being at home.
Unread 06-19-2007, 07:13 AM

Hi Girls
Isn't it amazing how our husbands are counting the days until we can resume our bedroom activities? I remember when I was in the hospital, my room mate had a LAH and she was doing much better than me but I heard her doctor telling her husband "no hanky panky for 6 weeks" and he told her that he already had it written on the calendar. LOL
I had to schedule my 6 week post op next week but it will really only be 5 weeks. I hope my doctor will be able to tell if I can resume by the 6th week. I'm kind of scared too . I'll have to be strong and let my husband know that I'm in charge of this too (thanks for the advice Jaco).
Well you ladies have a wonderful day!! I started my day off with a walk around the block with my husband. Maybe he'll start exercising now too!
Darlene/TAH 5/23/07
Unread 06-19-2007, 08:08 AM

Whoo Hoooooooo.....finally......sleep for the first time in over 10 days....went to bed at 11 p.m. and woke at 5:30 a.m., got up and used the bathroom, and then back to bed for another 4 hours.....UNBELIEVABLE! No magical cure other than keeping the room cool, taking a cool shower right before bed, making sure the room was completely dark. Now perhaps I won't look like a raccoon.....

About fun with the DH....doc told me nothing for 8 weeks, am now at 4 weeks post op, so am half way there. Have post-op appointment on Thursday, so I should get a better feel of how I am healing. To be honest, I am a bit scared about trying......

Happy Tuesday (it is Tuesday, isn't it??? I've lost track of my days....)

Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register