Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Hi there princesses! Try to keep an optimistic spirit! Think back 3-4 weeks ago, where were we at then? In a bad shape, each and everyone of us. Now we have come so far, and it's only getting better!

I feel so much better, spotting seems to have stopped, since some 3 days ago, my tummy is still swelly, but not as bad as it was a couple a weeks ago, and I try to remind my self to keep the optimism and remember I'm half way there in my 7 weeks recovery period. Isn't that good to think about? I truly feel it is.

Keep up the good work, ladies, it will pay off, I'm sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2007, 09:11 AM

troyryans....I've been pretty attached to my desk for at least 4-5 hours per day and have had the swelling also. That must be it. I was wondering if I was getting fatter or if it was swelly belly. thanks!
Unread 06-20-2007, 09:17 AM

diverchick, I have been doing light financial work from home for the company I work for, and couldn't believe that sitting for just 30 minutes in front of the computer would cause a problem. So, one day I decided to just not do any work, and I was fine. The next I did some computer work, and I was back to soreness and swelling. So, I am having to really limit my time.

On the other hand, I can walk the stairs 20 times a day without any problem...who would have thought??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2007, 09:20 AM

Just went for a 45 min. walk. It's nice to be able to make it that long again. I wore my heartrate monitor and was astounded at how high my heartrate was when I was not going "very fast" according to my pre-surgery pace. But, I know a lot of my energy is being used for healing so i can't use as much for exercise. i know...i get it!

i am almost 4 weeks post surgery and i'm in the most pain i've had yet. i have "soreness" i guess you would call it. it's constant now above my belly button and on my sides at the waistline. i hope this is simply the organs getting used to their new home. no spotting or fever or anything alarming. but i've used more pain meds (non-Rx) this week than any other thus far.

DH and DS do not realize that Mom is still "sick" and have pretty much dumped everything they were doing to help out back on me. So the house is a wreck and there's no cooked food in the house. Oh well...if someone gets hungry, they'll figure it out. I ask for what I need and don't take "no" for an answer. I also scold them if they dare to sigh or whine about not wanting to comply.
Unread 06-20-2007, 09:27 AM

Cassie, your family sounds like mine. Since I get dressed now and can do some light housework, they think they can all slack off now. I'm not impressed with them and that didn't help with my wk 3 meltdown. I like your attitude and am going to do the same.

I also find my heart rate up and I'm not walking as much as you yet. Walking slowly for 15-20 minutes feels like I used to when I power walked for an hour. Oh well, one day at a time.... I've also upped my OTC pain pills - not sure if I'm actually feeling more discomfort and if I'm just plain tired of it and not coping as well...
Unread 06-20-2007, 10:50 AM

I have had no spotting either and can imagine that wearing pads for weeks on end can be awful. Hopefully those of you with that little side effect can toss them soon!

Week 3 is discouraging and worse in some ways than 2. I have been tearful over little things again and that is not something I enjoy. I am nearly done with week 3 though so am hoping week 4 is better. I am noticing swelly belly more this week than at any time since the surgery.

Hang in there ladies! We are going to make it!
Unread 06-20-2007, 12:10 PM

Hello ladies!

So far today has been a good day. I can relate to the Family not recognizing that I still need to limit my activities. Maybe if I went out and bought a bikini and let my swelly belly hang out as I walked about the house they'd be a little more supportive. (I'm getting a really ugly visual here).

I had a tearful meltdown with DH last night and I think he did listen more and hopefully he will be more understanding of the "state of the house" and my trying hard to not overdo things on days I am getting more energy. As for my two 5 year olds, they do the best they can.

Well, I think I will try and lie down a bit here inbetween doing some laundry.

Hang in there everybody!
Jen
Unread 06-20-2007, 12:28 PM

Hi Girls
Today is official week 4 for me. I've been getting up early in the morning and taking a walk with my husband. That's been working out well. Yesterday, I cooked dinner for the first time but I made sure to tell the family that cleaning up was up to them. It worked so I'm going to take a stance and not allow them to think I can do everything again. I'm so glad I can get support from you all.
Well ladies, have a wonderful day and continue to be good to yourselves.
Take care
Darlene
Unread 06-20-2007, 02:28 PM

Hi everyone: I vote for week 2 over week 3. Week 4+ is looking up because I got "the pill" for the yeast infection and the UTI. Took it last night, and got up this morning without need for pain relief. First time since before surgery. Have "got a tan from sitting in the" Oregon sun...., to quote John Lennon. Now, if that darn sun would only come out so I can do the paint prep on the kitchen cabinets outside! Looks like we have to monitor for anything related to pulled skin, as the purple sisters have noted. If it looks "angry" report it. Hugs all around.
Unread 06-20-2007, 02:43 PM

Hello all - 4 weeks and going good. Except for the continued discharge, I feel great!

LAVH - Fibroids larger than grapefruit - kept ovaries

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register