Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

I know what you mean, it is frustrating. However, we are doing much better than 3 or 4 weeks ago!!! The swelly belly is a real pain - I don't want to wear "old lady clothes", but will try to be patient!! I've noticed more gas in week 4 as my belly swells, but then again, I'm doing more stuff than I probably should. I find that putting ice on my belly at night helps. It looks nice & flat at about 6 am, I told DH that I was going to wake him up early some morning so he could see that it looks "normal" -ha!!

We just have to be patient - time heals ALL wounds!!

Leopard fanatic
TAH/BSO
5/23/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2007, 01:23 PM

Oh, I forgot (brain fog) - does anyone have problems with bending over??? It seems when I've done a lot of gardening, the bending over & trying to get out of a chair are a bit uncomfortable. Just curious.

Leopard fanatic
Unread 06-21-2007, 01:36 PM

Leopard Fanatic: I can't bend over for any length of time yet. I go down on one knee and can sort laundry, or put toys away, pick weeds, what have you. But bending at the waist is painful.

anyone itching from their painkillers? well, hmm, maybe i should back up: anyone having to occasionally still take a Rx painkiller? i have had to yst and today. and now i'm itching all over. it's like an allergic reaction...i'm allergic to LOTS of drugs. so now what? take benadryl and look in the med cabinet for a different painkiller. i swear. the fun never ends.

i was up til 3:30 a.m. last night. slept til about 8 a.m. but sleep was interrupted. this has got to stop. i'm a walking zombie.

i could use some encouragement today. i know you gals are here for me and that's comforting. it's not been a good day. in fact, today as far as pain, fatigue and constipation has been among my worst yet. tomorrow is 4 weeks since surgery. i'm holding out for a better tomorrow!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2007, 01:42 PM

Cassie,
SO sorry you're having a bad day...I think it's so easy to get frustrated & we can't let that happen!!! I know I thought that by now, I'd be "good as new" & it stresses me out with going back to work, sex, etc....I got a little cocky since I got along so good.

Hope you can get the pain & allergic reaction under control. Have you called your Dr.? I always worry if it's close to a weekend, I'd call the Doc just to be sure everything is cool

Sending you hugs & good thoughts!!! It WILL get better, however, I'm beginning to wonder exactly how long this 6 weeks really is. I'm giving myself til Christmas to be in tip-top shape!!

Keep smilin'
Leopard fanatic
Unread 06-21-2007, 04:37 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have just completed 4 weeks and am close to the 5 week mark. I was cleared to drive this week and even though it was tough at first - I'm making progress.

Tomorrow is my last post op Drs. visit. I have a list of questions for him to make sure that I know everything that I'm supposed to know.

Anyway - thanks to everyone who walked with me thru this season in my life. It was a life saving surgery for me but it still hurts to see a little baby and know that I will never have one of my own.

I'm almost OK with that. Who knows what else God has in store for me? God Bless You All.
Unread 06-21-2007, 04:48 PM

I started strolling, with my 83 year old neighbor during week two, holding my swelly belly. This week I walk about 3 miles almost every day, a bit faster. Amazing how little it takes to get the heart rate up. Still walk with my neighbor around our neighborhood in the morning also.

I understand about the 'light-headed" part but it's only happened a few times and when I'm very tired. I do have some strange heartburn- at least I think that's what it is. It's been happening the last few days.

The brown discharge has stopped - yeah. I do get tired easily still - sounds like we all do for right now.
Unread 06-21-2007, 04:50 PM

I just got back from my 4 week post op visit with my surgeon.

I asked her about the swelly belly and the discomfort in the abdomen (not bad pain jsut icky feeling now). She said that the swelling will just take a while to subside completely. The discomfort/pain is the same way. She said off and on for probably 6 months. She reminded me that I had MAJOR SURGERY and it takes a body a long time to heal from the assault on it even if it was to take out icky stuff. Bowels were put here and there, liver and all other organs were touched and so on. I got a copy of the surgical report and it was terribly interesting to read. Seems my cyst/tumor was adhered to my uterus and my colon as well as wrapped around to the other ovary and tube. Took them a while to get it to let go. 21cm thing. She welcomed all my questions and explained everything in as much detail as I asked for. I have to be checked every 3 months for a while and then every 6 months for probably forever. She said the malignancy might return but if it does it probably won't be for years. Said this type of tumor is very slow growing.

I am healing well she said, inside and outside. I asked too about not sleeping. I slept pretty good last night but I tried some naturla methods and soft nature sounds/music. She asked me to keep trying that for another week and if it still was causing me trouble to call. She said sleeping pills are just not going to be good for me and my healing as long as something else will work.

All in all a very good report and the all clear for about everything including....can we hear a drum rool, please?........a LONG SOAKING BATH!
Unread 06-21-2007, 04:51 PM

Just One
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm glad that you believe God has something else in store for you and I believe you are right. Just let him guide you. You take care and know that you are amongst friends and good thoughts.
Take care and God Bless you as well,

Darlene
Unread 06-21-2007, 07:11 PM

grdly
I dont think your suppose to fool around untill six weeks.
let us know what your doc says. mmm I would be a bit nervous.
Unread 06-21-2007, 07:13 PM

I am not messing with my body till after Dr says it is okay! No way do I want to have more work done!!! Hubby says it will just remind him of the days when he was in the military and was on long deployments! The return is the best part! LOL!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register