Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

luvdabeach: if you were exercising regularly before surgery, you'll be able to do more than if you weren't as far as walking. I walk about 3 miles per day or so. But I was exercising pre-surgery. My pace is 15-min. mile. If you're just beginning exercise, you may start with .5 mile and see how that feels.

All: I've been back at work for 2 weeks so I've hardly done any housework at all. I have swelly belly 24/7 now instead of just in the evenings. I don't gain any weight, but I swell. I thought maybe I was imagining it so I took my measurements a.m. and p.m. for 3 days in a row and sure enough, my waist and lower tummy were swelling 2 or 2.5 inches over the course of the day, and that's in addition to the swelling I awake with to begin with! Sigh.

This week i'm going to try something new: decreasing my caloric intake. I lost 36 lbs. prior to surgery and have lost 4 since surgery but most of that was in the first week or so. Ive been stagnant since, and without all the activity and exercise I was accustomed to, I need to take less in so that I can maintain my weight loss and keep it going down, down, down. Constant battle.

DH said we could do anything I wanted today. I said, I want you to clean the house and pay the bills. Boy was he disappointed. Oh well, it's my day and that's what i want. All this piling up is about to make me insane and I'm not really interested in the fact that he can overlook it all and go to the beach. I can't. (oops, i'm getting a little bitter here. better have an attitude adjustment)

yesterday I had a very teary-eyed day. today i'm irritable. UGH! i know my family has gotta be tired of the mood swings. i know i am. Oh ovaries....when will you regulate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2007, 09:19 AM

Hi Sisters! I'm glad to see that the progresses for ya all are going well, for the most part.

I'm feeling great today, and I'm happy for each day I feel fine. I'm having a dinner date with my husband at a local Indian restaurant this evening, and I'm really looking forward to that. I've decided to not let the swelly belly get in my way, and will wear a dress no matter what.

I feel the urge to remind some of you of the HS-rules of not talk about your kids in the threads, in respect of those who never had a chance to have kids themselves. It shouldn't be so hard to remember, I know it isn't. That's also a part of taking care of eachother.

Have a great weekend, Princesses!
Unread 06-23-2007, 10:07 AM

Rule regarding children~
"Be sensitive to others regarding children and family:
You agree you will be cautious and sensitive to others when referring to your children/babies in your posts out of courtesy to the members who do not have children and are grieving the loss of this ability."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2007, 10:14 AM

Yep.
Unread 06-23-2007, 03:50 PM

I just spoke with my sister in law who had a tah on the 5th of june, and she got into trouble for putting vitamine e on her insission. They said it could make it reopen. So I would check with doc before doing that.
Unread 06-23-2007, 05:40 PM

wmac,
Thanks for the info!!! I'll wait til my 6 wk. check up & ask the Doc about the vitamin E oil.

Leopard fanatic
TAH/BSO
5/23/07
Unread 06-23-2007, 07:12 PM

Hi Sisters, I'm at 4 and 1/2 weeks now and I think I'm 100% back to pre-surgery now. I now believe that I will be 120% when all is said and done. I marvel at how bad I felt for so many years compared to how great I feel now. I wasn't diagnosed with fibroids until March 2006 when I saw a different gyno in my group because my regular gyno was booked. My regular gyno kept telling me I was just an unlucky female with my pain and all and then I saw the new gyno (he was my surgeon) and he took me serious and ordered the ultrasound and found the fibroids. Thinking back, if I would have seen my regular gyno, I would still be suffering today. Thank God my normal gyno was too booked to see me last year. LOL

Hope all of you ladies are feeling good today and getting better every day. Sandy
Unread 06-23-2007, 07:14 PM

I am still having bm problems with gas pains. Other than that I am doing real well. Back to normal, except for the bms.....I want my old 'schedule' back!!
Unread 06-23-2007, 07:46 PM

Hey Colleen, as I read your post, I had gas (sorry tmi). LOL So I feel your pain. Also, I cannot believe how much gas I have and I cannot believe how when I have to go to the bathroom, I have to go NOW. I need to get this under control because next week is my last week off until I have to go back to work July 2nd.
Unread 06-23-2007, 08:23 PM

Hi all...checking in again....drove for the first time today since my May 21 surgery. I had been putting off driving, and was pleased to finally get behind the wheel. So, I drove myself to the hair salon for a much needed trim and body wave. No problems, just needed to make sure my handy pillow was with me.

It feels good to be mobile again, without having to be chauffered around. Freedom!

Hope this finds you all well and making progress!

Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register