Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Hello ladies...

I'm just abut five weeks post op and I'm doing well, for the most part. I'm not sure if I'm getting emotional or not...maybe you could clue me in?
I spent three and a half hours doing the lawn care yesterday: (gas push mower), weed whacking, clipping hedges, pulling weeds that were taller then me, all with the sun beating down on me, and all so that when I went out of town today for the weekend with my mom, DH wouldn't have to do it himself. He had a tough week at work and I knew that and wanted to make it easy for him while I was away. We also just got a new puppy, which happens to have a little tummy virus going on, so she needs attention too, and I wanted him available to tend to her. Soooo, he gets home, asked who did the lawn and when I say I did, his response was, and I quote..."You missed some spots." I dang near cried, right on the spot, which, I don't do. He hadn't even looked in the back to see what I did, and I'm not exaggerating here....he's let the lawn care go for months. I had three pails filled with hedge trimmings and weeds when he got home. I was exhausted, swollen, and getting pains in my abdomen and back. Today my urine looks a bit cloudy and it stung a bit when I tinkled, so I'm not sure what's going on. Of course, I'm down in Lancaster PA trying to help mom house hunt 2 hours away from my doctor and my own bed. I did all the driving to get us here, and sitting in the car is proving to be difficult for me. I was still a bit upset over DH's lack of appreciation regarding the lawn maintinence. Why did I feel like I got slapped in the face? Why did it bother me so much? Is that what one would consider a "mood swing" or would I be justified in being hurt by it? I'm sorry, I'm ranting. I was doing better before I took on the extra work, and now I'm away from DH, we are bickering on the phone because I think he's being negative and he thinks I should be home dealing with the new pup and everything. We aren't communicating properly right now. I guess I'm upset too, because my belly is very swollen again, and I had just started to see my feet a week and a half ago. Oh well, I'll take it slow again when I get home. It's obviously not worth the effort to push when you don't even get a sincere thank you.
Is the tinkling part normal with the stinging occasionally? It's come before and then went away on its own. I can't call the doctor till Monday. I'm out of cranberry juice at the moment too.
Am I experiencing mood swings? UGH!
I'm already taking hormones. What do you do when they don't work?
Take care of yourselves. Be safe. Stay sane. And thanks for listening.
Susie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

It is so good to hear you guys are doing so well.

I have another week and a half before going back to work. I am glad I am feeling pretty much back to normal other than some pelvic pain here and there. I am hoping to enjoy my last few days of freedom given the fact all my vacation and sick days are gone and no time off for me for a few months. I think we all knew we would be better, but 3-4 weeks ago parts of our bodies didn't grasp the concept.

Keep on getting better, hystersisters!!
Unread 06-23-2007, 09:12 PM

I am so sorry your hubby had such an insensitive reaction. Maybe it was just because of his bad week? Hang in there!!

endoblue.....I would have collapsed if I had done that much on a GOOD day, much less this soon after surgery. Take it easy, girl. Please? We care about you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2007, 09:16 PM

Hi All
It brings me joy to hear all the wonderful stories of the recovery process we are all going through.
I too, am having gas issues more than usual and it is causing me pain. It seems my instestines are going into overdrive. I wish I knew why.
Overall, my pain has leveled out to a few twinges of pelvic pain besides the gas pain.
I'm so happy to be walking around a lot more as well.
Remember sisters that we must take care of ourselves first so we can take care of those we love. Take it easy and try to relax.
Take care and continue the recovery
Darlene
Unread 06-23-2007, 09:20 PM

Better day today!!! YAY!

I went to the pool, went to a friend's house to visit and went to a VERY long dinner with my husband that lasted about 3.5 hours. It's 10:20 pm here and I've been going since 7 a.m. I didn't lie down at all today.

I was fine pain-wise until a couple of hours ago. I'm very glad to be lying down as I type this, but I'm also very thankful to living a relatively normal day. WAY better than Thursday when I was in tears and wondering when i was gonna feel good again!

Well, it's Ibuprofen and bedtime for me. And gratitude prayer, yes, definitely.

g'nite
Unread 06-24-2007, 03:03 AM

endoblues: I would have felt the same way, if my DH had said those things after all that work too! And I'm stunned about how much you have done, I would not be able to do half as much I'm sure.

I get so happy when I see that things are getting better for us now. What a long way we've come!

Keep getting better, princesses!

*note to self: I need to take off my artificial nails, or start writing with my toes*

In Norway it's 11:05 am sunday now, and you are going to bed. Weird huh?
Unread 06-24-2007, 06:04 AM

Endoblues,
I agree with everyone else and I am sorry that he was so unappreciative (I would have felt the same way, I don't think you were being "moody") but if it helps I am imagining your yard in my mind and it looks beautiful!!! Just do us and yourself a favor and please don't do that much again until you get the ok from your doctor! It gets frustrating sometimes but your health has to come first, your body really does need time to heal. Please take care!
Unread 06-24-2007, 06:57 AM

Well - week 4 was definitely better than 3... Not feeling 100% or even 80% but closer to 75% back to normal (which wasn't that great to start with...)...
Am walking some each day, sleeping well enough at night. Saw the doc on Friday - going back to work on Tuesday but got a note for part time for the next 3 weeks (and then I'm on vacation for 4! woohoo!)... I mentioned the mini-period - which he said yup - you'll have them - I said forever? he said no - just until menopause! argh! I thought they may wear off... I'm still not to clear on the concept of how you can still have monthly periods when your uterus is gone! Anyhow - no swimming for another week - but otherwise the plan is I don't get to see him again! woohoo! Just yearly checkups at my regular gyno...
Doc didn't even exam me though... Asked questions but that's it... I guess everyone is different.
So we're in the country for the long weekend (Quebec holiday on Monday) and for some reason I seem to feel better when I'm up here. More energy... It's probably all in my head...
Hope you are all feeling better each day! Take care!
Diane
Unread 06-24-2007, 07:01 AM

Endoblues, I agree with the rest of the sisters that you didn't over react. I would have felt the same disappointment in hearing a comment like that, whether I had raging hormones or not. You worked hard to help him out, and he should have responded in a different matter. My DH has a tendency to say things like that which can be very insensitive, and I have come to find after 30 years of marriage that sometimes he just doesn't think before he speaks. A good talk to air out the feelings does help.

With that said, I'm concerned about how much you took on after such a short time after surgery. Doing that much lawn work without surgery would have been a lot, let alone trying to accomplish it with a swelly belly. Please be careful as you are recovering, and don't overdo. Your body will answer back, and to take a step backwards after starting to feel well can be daunting.

I send you a big and wish you a smooth recovery.
Kathy
Unread 06-24-2007, 09:42 AM

I am so jealouse of all of you that are pretty much back to a normal life. I want so bad to get on with my life. I still have alot of pelvic pain and when I do get up an do alot I feel it later in the day. I go for another post-op on Monday and will be trying to talk my dr into going ahead and takeing my last ovary out. He said it had alot of cyst and that after a week it would stop hurting (I was ovulating) well the pain is still here and I just want the thing out. He is concerned about putting me into menopause at my age (36) and putting me on hormones. My thought is if I am gonna go through it in time why not get it over with now! I know my DH is getting tired of me complaining of the pain and he is getting wore out working extra hours to make up for my loss of income. I did drive to my grandparents yesterday, that was nice. My grandfather (84) offered to go see my gyn about my ovary, I told him no thanks...he has a way wit doctors and getting what he wants. lol Anyway...I am so Happy to hear that everyone is recovering great!!! Maybe next week will be better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register