Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 55 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

endo....I got angry at your DH after reading your post! How insensitive. Please don't overdo it. Hope things get resolved with the bladder. I had an infection at 3 weeks (I think) and when they rechecked there was still blood but the urogyn is thinking more in line of my interstitial cystitis, but is running labs on the sample to verify. Kerry, sorry to hear about your cyst issues, mine still bugs me, and I'll see what he says at my 6 week. Other than that and the bladder issues, I feel great, lots of energy with some to spare!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2007, 07:48 PM

I've enjoyed reading everyone's postings here and wish everyone the very best in their recoverys! I've had a few problems in my recovery that I haven't seen posted so I thought I would mention them...Has anyone else experienced nausea here and there? Every once in a while (at least every other day) I have to go lie down because I have a sour stomach or a wave of nausea. I spoke to my doctor who performed my surgery and she said that it must be a gastrointestinal problem and I should see my family practice doctor about it. Seems a little coincidental that it started about the time I had my surgery though. I also get headaches now and then as well. I haven't seen that mentioned either. I still have quite a bit of swelling inside my vagina and rectum (I had a rectocele) which causes me to feel the urge to use the toilet quite often. Has anyone who's had a rectocele experienced this? I am just entering my 5th week after surgery and I can hardly walk across the parking lot to my car much less walk a mile. I can't believe what I'm reading about people walking three miles. My legs are extremely fatigued and I still have a lot of pain in my groin. Does anyone else who had surgery around the time I did feel this way? I'm a little alarmed as I have a class reunion in another state that my whole family is planning on travelling to in only 3 weeks and my doctor told me that I would be just fine by then. I'm worried that I won't be much better by then.
Unread 06-24-2007, 08:17 PM

I also feel "period" symptoms--bloating, craving extra food, very moody! I usually would start this week.
I had everything removed and I thought all this would be behind me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2007, 09:11 PM

SallyAZ, I am still havin problems too! Your not alone!!!! I was gettin real discouraged about my recovery progress and posted about it and I was reminded that everyone heals different. I still get the swelly belly BAD and have pain in my groin area, along with my left ovary. Don't get frustrated or worried like I did. Everyone here has been a great help to me and my recovery. I really wish I had seen this site before my surgery....I have told family and friends about this site to help them through their upcomming surgeries. Good luck with your recovery..it will get better!
Unread 06-25-2007, 06:51 AM

I made it yesterday without any type of pain killers. :-) I was very pleased with this, but...my sides between my rib cage and hip bones are killing me! They feel as if the muscles are knotted up and won't relax. The sides hurt even when i first awoke this a.m. Hmmmm, not sure what that means. Right side is worse than left. I don't know human anatomy enough to know if there's anything there besides muscle or not. Well, I know there's some fat :-)

4 weeks is easier than week 3 for me. I hope you all who are still suffering will soon get relief.
Unread 06-25-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyAZ
Has anyone else experienced nausea here and there? Every once in a while (at least every other day) I have to go lie down because I have a sour stomach or a wave of nausea.
In the information letter I got before surgery, I read that nausea was quite common after a hysterectomy. It said that this was easy to treat with anti-nausea mediations. It surprises me that your doc did not know this, as I were sure this was common knowledge.

As of the fatigue you are mentioning, I'm sure we all experience it in some way from day to day. Don't worry too much about how you're feeling three weeks from now, you might just suddenly be a whole lot better from were you're at now, Sally.

All the best to you!

I started the day beeing quite ok this morning, now in the afternoon I feel completely drained. Haven't done much, just visited the hairdresser, took some hour and a half, and drove a short trip as well. Rest of this day I just have to adjust the pace after how I feel, and take it easy.

It feels like my period is coming, weird, maybe it's phantom pain? Headache as well, so today is not my best day, but it will pass.
Unread 06-25-2007, 07:45 AM

Sallyaz, I had my surgery 2 days after you and I'm feeling similar fatigue and soreness. I don't have the nausea or headaches though.

I feel pretty good in the morning and have all this ambition. On Saturday morning I asked my sister's family to come for a simple BBQ - thank goodness they couldn't come, because after I went grocery shopping (DH drove, pushed the cart, picked up everything - I just walked and pointed), I barely made it home and crashed on the couch for the afternoon.

I don't know how far of a drive you have to make for the reunion, but I don't think I could sit for too long in a car. My rear/groin hurts too and especially if I've stood or sat or walked too long. I haven't even driven yet - have you?
Unread 06-25-2007, 08:40 AM

Pepto or Gas-X worked well for my intermittant bouts of nausea. As far as headaches, I had one yesterday and chalk it up to the heat (I'm in Arkansas). So I try to stay inside during the hottest part of the day.

Today I began charting my eating and exercise, dreaming of losing a few pounds before my semester begins in mid-August. I'm walking about 5 miles total per day (split between morning and evening) at target heart rate. I do rest in between and the swelly belly exists - not as much. Too bad now I know my stomach is fat not just swollen. My legs feel heavy but eventually you have to push yourself to get back to where you were.

No hormonal symptoms, so no HRT so far. Anyone else doing okay without HRT?
Unread 06-25-2007, 09:24 AM

No HRT for me neither, but I kept my ovaries, so I probably wouldn't need any.
Unread 06-25-2007, 09:42 AM

I am so mad right now. Just got back from my LAST post-op ....My Dr is a jerk!!! He refuses to remove my ovary and told me that everything I am goin through is NORMAL, th pain will go away in time and it will work it's way out. If in 6 months I still want my ovary out he will have me come back with my DH and talk to HIM about what will happen to me without my ovary and also have us talk to other women my age who had theirs out and how they regret it!!!! He claims he KNOWS ME and this will pass...What ever!!!! After we talked he did a pelvic exam and informed me I have an INFECTION and that is why I am still hurting!!!! How did I get an infection? I have done everything he said!!! He said the pain I am now feeling is due to the infection....make up your mind is it normal or the infection? He doesn't want to see me for 4 months, shouldn't we do a follow up to make sure the infection is gone?! I am so upset right now. He said I could return to normal life next week, I am to only work acouple hours a day for the next 2 weeks and work up to fulltime again. I would love ya'lls opinion...Am I over reacting on how I feel and that I feel his attitude towards removing my ovary is wrong? When he discovered that I had cysts on my ovary at 3 weeks post-op he said "I should have taken it out when I saw the small cyst during surgery!" and his not wanting a follow up for 4 months? When will this end? My DH told me to wait a month or two and find another gyn and see if they will remove my ovary if I still want it out! I have been through this before with my right one and I don't want to go through this again living in constant pain!

I am sorry for ranting...I am just so upset and wanted to hear good news today and allI got was bad news!! Thanks for listening to me throw my pitty party!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register