Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 05-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Hi Ladies, had a TAH/BSO, bladder sling and full Tummy tuck on the 21st. Just am starting to feel normal again... Gas X is my friend, and had to have Ditropan for the bladder spasms -- that helped a lot, though like many of you, it takes me FOREVER to pee sometimes. I feel like I have to, but don't want to push too hard to get it out!

I'm still really sore -- but I know the TT is contributing to it. Overall, I am thrilled with the results. No more pelvic pain from the endo (just the recovering pain/burning etc.) and a flat tummy to boot! I can't wait to be able to stand up straight -- my back pain from the strange position I'm moving in is making me hurt even more....

Good healing, all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2007, 11:17 AM

Hi ladies, well yesterday I felt really good, so I went grocery shopping with my Mom. I didn't do any lifting, bending, unloading or anything and I still feel sore on my left side (like a pulling feeling, not burning though). Is pulling a sign of healing or overdoing? At any rate, other than taking a walk around the block later today, I will rest more. I am five days out and I take 600 mg motrin once or twice during the day and then 1 darvocet before I go to bed at night. What pain meds are the other 23rd ladies taking? Trying to see if I am in the norm or not.
Unread 05-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Recovery

I am in my 4th week of recovery and i am feeling sore around my belly and the swelly belly just isnt going down, not sure if i have overdone it!!! not sure if the hospital is supposed to be sending me an appointment to see how the operation went, does anybody know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2007, 01:35 PM

Hey there - had the burning sensation and trouble peeing in hospital and it was a Urintary Track Infection, call your doctor NOW and ask him for an antibiotic and some pyridium...it makes your pee turn a brite orange (use pads...it doesn't wash out of anything) but the relief is amazing....If you can't get hold of your doc because of the holiday - call the hospital floor you were on, talk to one of the nurses and see if they can page a doc and get you a scrip....this is a really common side affect from having a catheter or any vaginal procedure!
Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 05-28-2007, 02:22 PM

I had my tah on the 23rd, am slowly starting to wean off the perocet. i still have burning and pulling feelings but i hear that is the healing process. i am freaked that i havent had a bm yet. YIKES!!! i cant wait to be able to get out to the store.... i have been home since fri afternoon and am going stir crazy, but yet i know if i ventured out it would do me in. I quit smoking through all this too, 7 days smoke free!!!
Unread 05-28-2007, 02:26 PM

Lisa, are you taking colace? I took colace for two days and today I had two bm's!! YAY! It was very painful, cause the gas, combined with intestines that hadn't been working for a week were stubborn...well, it hurt. I sat there and let it move on down the road! Get a magazine and just wait. Colace was great, it softened it up so it wasn't too bad to come out.

Hubby took me to the grocery store this afternoon. I did okay. The burning on the sides and pulling is what sets me off the chain! Dang that hurts. But, I walked the store, got my stuff and we are home bbqing. I am glad tomorrow I am hanging out and not planning on doing too much. I feel crampy and tired.
Unread 05-28-2007, 02:29 PM

Colace worked for me! Yes, the gas pains hurt but its well worth it. LOL! I haven't been brave enough to go to the store yet. Just did some walking outside my house today. Burning, pulling pains keep happening but based on what all of ya'll are saying, I am normal.
Unread 05-28-2007, 04:28 PM

Little Lisa,

Congratulations on quitting smoking while you are going through this! I know every day will be harder to control giving into that craving so you are one brave woman!!

Oh had the burning in one spot on left side too....but I think its from the interior stitches.
Doc told me to expect that.

I'm feeling really good - so my family is bugging me about doing too much too soon....
Jeez, all I did was empty a 10 oz garbage bag full of light stuff. Anyone else getting grief for not feeling bad enough to just lay around?
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:28 PM

I had my LAVH/BSO on the 24th and was home the next day. I think today is Monday - so, I've been home for about three days. I wish I had the stories of some of you - I am still weak and sore and hardly doing a thing but sleeping and reading. I am having a terrible time with my pain meds and my tummy. I feel woozy most of the time and have a hitch in my shoulder that will not subside. Having some mild hot flashes and not sleeping so great. Grumble and complain . . . I am getting out here. Thanks for listening.

Tommorrow my DH goes back to work. My mom will be here to take care of the kids. I hope I will stronger and more steady in the morning. I truly thought, having been through two laperscopies and three childbriths, this was going to be a lot easier! I feel like such a whiner . . . .
Unread 05-28-2007, 06:23 PM

abclan..everyone is different! You probably have that shoulder pain cause you had the lap. I have heard from several folks that lap surgery causes shoulder pain. Something to do with the anesthesia. I had the abdominal, so I get the burning, pulling pain that 'GRABS' at you! Oy vay! It is agonizing! Do not feel pressured to do more than you should. I did too much yesterday, and I feel it today. Believe me, let your body tell you what you can and can't do!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register