Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 61 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Could the heart racing be due to hormones? Good to hear you are doing well other than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2007, 12:13 PM

Betty 1234: I saw both my urologist and gynecologist last week and both thought I was just having a slow recovery. I seem to be feeling better today, have only had 1 Vicodin since 0600, hope it stays this way or gets even better! Thank you for posting! It's nice to communicate with someone with similar op hx. Oh, at 6 wks the gyne will attempt a vaginal exam. Some of you have mentioned that you never got a pelvic exam postop once you were able to tolerate it, it seems this would be a postop followup expectation.
Unread 06-28-2007, 12:27 PM

I'm glad to hear you are having a better day.

My surgeon originally said I'd be up and around by July 1st weekend - well that's almost here and I'm hoping he's right. I am doing better this week.

I am expecting a pelvic exam even if it's going to be uncomfortable. I want to know how I'm healing. Plus I'm still bleeding so maybe he can fix that. I'm soooooo tired of wearing pads - I should have taken shares out in the company that makes them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2007, 12:40 PM

Lorphi- I had all the same surgeries you had except I don't think I had a urethral sling - I had a bladder sling (is that the same?) Anyway, I had to quit taking the Percocet because of my nausea problems (noted in an earlier post) and I'm only taking Vicodin (500mg) at night to sleep. If I don't take it, I wake up with achy legs in the middle of the night. Other than that, I can't go walking too far because my legs are just too weak to take me anywhere. And when I sit down, my groinal area is really sore - my bottom bones hurt real bad too. I've just had to bear it because I can't take the pain killers - only Ibuprofin - so I think we're about in the same place except you are probably experiencing more pain than I am. When our physicians say 6 week recovery and then we're cleared to go back to work - I think they must be crazy. I could never work my job in this condition. And I couldn't imagine being well enough in two weeks to work my job. My physician kept me out for 8 weeks because of all the shoving and pushing and pulling that my job entails but I'd better improve GREATLY before I'll go back to work. I expected to feel much better than I do by this point in my recovery. I'm happy for the people that are doing well and I'm praying for the people who need it. I mean it when I say that I love of all of you Hyster Sisters. I couldn't have made it this far without your love and advice. Thank you.
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:22 PM

Feeling pretty good here, energy levels getting back. Saw some stitches here and there, but nothing exciting. If I could get my bladder working better, I'd be a happy camper! My IC is giving me fits, and I'm still leaking....YUK!
Unread 06-28-2007, 06:51 PM

Sallyaz, I Think I Will Probably Off For Work For At Least The 8 Weeks Too, Probably More. You're Right Sitting Is The Worst Position, Than Standing After A While R/t Groin Aching/pressure Feeling. I Am An Rn - Medical Telemetry/stepdown Unit, So I Need To Stay Home Until I Can Tolerate The Physical Work Like You Stated. Too Bad My Experiance Isn't In Gyne Surgeries.

Diverchick: What Is Ic? If Your Bladder Is Not Working Correctly You Should Contact Your Md Right Away.
Unread 06-28-2007, 08:46 PM

Lorphi, it's Interstitial Cystitis, and unfortunately, while my hysterectomy isn't giving me problems, I'm becoming very familiar with my urogyn's office! I thought I had a UTI, it was treated with Levoquin and I still had blood after 10 days, but no bacteria, even with a culture run. So, the urogyn feels it is from the areas in my bladder that are cracked and bleeding. He's going to start instillation of ELmiron into the bladder on Monday. Sounds like a fun time doesn't it? NOT! Thanks for the concern!
Unread 06-28-2007, 09:24 PM

Good evening sisters!!! Well today was a bust, I pent most of the day asleep due to the pain meds. My ovary has been hurting since yesterday an doesn't seem to want to stop. I talked to my PCP today and she said she spok with er gyn ad she agrees that I am too young to have my ovary removed, they are concerned about putting me on hormones at this age..I guess Iwouold have to be on them for several years??? They want me to get another ultra sound in 1 month then have me go see the new Dr. to discuss my options. I just give up! I am so tired of being in pain. I guess I am gonna try and suck it up and go on with life in pain. I joked with my DH that I was gonna call my old boss who is a vet and see if she will take it out!!! He just laghed at me. We still have't gotten all the test results back yet to see what type of infections I have, should know tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow, I know with each passing day we will get back on our feet again!
Unread 06-29-2007, 06:53 AM

Hi there... Having a lousy day. Been womating and having extremely nausea. Someone please shoot me.
Unread 06-29-2007, 07:01 AM

Girls
Here's to all of you hoping that you're feeling better. From all the posts I've read even though we're making progress, it seems as if week 5 has turned out to be quite challenging. I'm finding that I'm having to take more pain relievers for shooting pains in my groin and abdominal area. I find that I get much more tired by noon. I haven't been overdoing it all and am wondering what's going on?
I hope all of you have a wonderful day! Thanks for listening.
Darlene

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register