Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 64 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Yeah, I am nervous about the sex deal. It sounds like it will be like being a virgin again! LOL! Oh my. Well, my hubby and I decided to wait 8 weeks post op, just for safety's sake. I don't see my doc till the 9th of July for my six weeker. 8 weeks will be the 23rd, and maybe then we will try....I will be a nervous wreck, I joked that he may have to ply me with beer! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2007, 09:53 AM

Howdy Gals,
I just wanted to report that my recovery is going well. I have been cleared to do whatever I want with the understanding that I need to listen to my body. We had guests over for dinner last night. I was tired but not too bad. I am going to try getting back to playing tennis
next week. Yeah!!!
Thanks for listening!!! I will keep you posted
Beireb
Unread 06-30-2007, 10:24 AM

Good morning or weekend to all: happy to report relations have begun, and I'm OK. I told him to take it easy and that I would let him know if I was uncomfortable. I feel more relaxed and think I'm sleeping better (this could just be from exhustion-still working on the kitchen). Happiness to all who fight the good fight and win. It is just a matter of time, OK? Don't push it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2007, 11:18 AM

Man I sometimes wonders whats wrong with me. I just wokeup at 10:30 I could just sleep all day. On the weekends I have been sleeping till 10:30 or even 11:30. Any one else expierencing this as well. But of course I go to bed late but then all I want to do is sleep. Is that normal?
wmac
Unread 06-30-2007, 12:56 PM

Hello ladies!

We've all come a long way haven't we? My six week mark is next Wed. and will see my Dr. on Friday. I too am worried about the sex thing. I used to have a little uncomfortableness during sex before because of large fibroids and now I wonder if I won't feel that anymore now?? I also wonder if having my cervex removed shortens the vagina. What creats the "pain " that has been described? Anyone??....

Otherwise, I am feeling good today and less "bruised feeling" in my abdomen today. And it's sunny and nice here.

Have a nice day all,
Jen
Unread 06-30-2007, 06:03 PM

Well, the cream is helping, but I'm still uncomfortable. I carpet cleaned and such today, so my back is flaring, I have a headache and am overall, a bit *itchy. I really wouldn't mind going to bed right now, and it's only 8pm.
I have to comment here...I'm nervous about getting back to relations myself, and truthfully, even more so after I used the applicator for the yeast infection cream. Maybe it's because of the infection, but I felt swollen in there. Is that from the surgery? I'll be six weeks on Monday. I don't see my doctor till after seven weeks though, due to his being on vacation. I don't think I'll be ready before then and I'm more anxious about it now then I was before. Guess we are all in the same boat there, maybe for different reasons, but there none the less.
I'm going to sit in front of the boob tube and watch the Color Purple now. Thanks girls for listening and always being here for me.
I sure hope you're all having a good day and feeling well. Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies.
Unread 06-30-2007, 06:08 PM

While I am nervous about having relations again, I think with the yeast infection, that is normal. You are RAW up in the vagina, and at the inner labia. It felt like sandpaper going in whenever I would insert the tube in. So, I don't think it will be that bad. I am more worried about the pushing, the pushing against the cuff...TMI I know.....but I am really scared about destroying all the repair work!! I am glad I have a patient and loving hubby who is not rushing ANYthing with me....sigh!!
Unread 06-30-2007, 09:11 PM

Overdid it today...did some bills and then thoroughly cleaned two bathrooms and dusted our room. Didn't feel like much, but now I'm achy and tired and just feeling YUK. Didn't eat very well either and that kind of threw my blood sugar off. The mood swings are swinging like mad, my girls have learned to just stay out of my way. Don't know what's up, I just feel on edge and the slightest thing sets me off. DD asked me to move today at Starbucks and I ignored her for the duration of the evening. That's not me. This can get discouraging to still be up and down at this point. I know it was surgery and a lot done, but please. I used to be able to do a lot more on a Saturday! And endo, I'm sorry about the infection. I don't know what's worse, the cream or the infection! I've been taking acidophilus to help counteract all the antibiotics I've been on. I'm going to take an Ibuprofen (the first in awhile), take a bath and go to bed!
Unread 06-30-2007, 09:19 PM

Hey sisters! Glad to see everyone is doing better, the 5th week seems like we have all had a bit of the tiredeness. Next week will be better, I keep telling myself that each week to keep me going! Is anyone lese having problems with the heat? It is hot here in Georgia like it is every year...I am just miserable!!! I can not get cool at all, even with the ac on turbo in my truck I still sweat and whine. I wake up real bitc*** everyday and have been staying that way most of the day. I am just wonderingif it is me, my hormones or the heat.

endoblues68: my dr did say something about possibly putting me on lupron but I was so upset about them not wanting to take my ovary that I could not remember the exact name of the meds. Thank you so much for telling me the name, as soon as I read your post it came back ! lol I guess I am still having the brain fog! Yes I have been keeping a pian journal, that is one thing I learned after my last ovary problem, once my dr saw it it black and white they realized that it was a daily thing. I had to cut my motrin back to 400mg every 4-6 hours the 800mg was killing my stomach. I am still waiting for all the test results, I missed my dr calling Friday and once again in a brain fart I gave them the wrong cell #. Go figure!! I gave them my brother-in-laws and he didn't think to give them my cell#

Today was pretty good. I tried to lift a few pieces of floor tiles but gave up real fast! It pulled too much in my groin. I tried to help my DH and brother-in-law move the TV into the house but was told real fast to stop. They were struggling and I wanted to help! Guess I was told....DH threatned to get the duck tape out to keep me down because I kept jumpin up when they weren't payig attention. lol I am not used to having to call family and friends to help us do things, DH and I have always been able to do it ourselves. I am feeling a medium grade pain tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. I keep telling myself each day will get better to keep me going!

Night ladies!
Unread 06-30-2007, 09:29 PM

Diverchick...sorry to hear you had a bad day too, and aren't feeling well. Hope the bath washes away your worries and helps you rest some.
Schnowzerz...that was a great way to describe it...sandpaper...yes...and I hope it gets better once the treatment is done. I've got some time to go yet before my appointment. Thank you for reminding me to not sweat it right now too.
It's 11:30...so much for going to sleep earlier. I love the movie Color Purple, and apparently needed a good cry movie. Of course, Mad TV is on now, and I need a good laugh to get rid of the weepies. What mood swings?
Goodnight again.
Susie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register