Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 67 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 07-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Springbme1 - You got it! That's exactly what you have to do. I know it's hard - I'm so used to doing everything or at least nattering at someone to pick up after them. You can't use up your energy right now worrying about the floors and untidyness. As a co-worker of mine said, "I'm coming to see you - not the house" OK, so we know part of that's not true, but still - my co-workers are women and know that we do almost everything, so they can sympathize.

If your house it dirty, it will not fall down. Trust me, mine hasn't and I was raised by my Mom who walked around with a wet cloth all the time! In the span of our lifetime, this is a very short blip and we can live with dustbunnies. Heck, I should start naming mine!

I'm so happy your DH is supporting you - that sure helps doesn't it? Pamper the Princess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2007, 10:39 PM

Ok tomorrow is the day to mark six weeks and my husband is so looking forward to it...Yikes im really nervous...
So if you have a yeast infection why did the doc say you could only put it in a little ways if your 51/2 weeks post op?? At three weeks the doc check me like a pap and then last friday too.
But im really scared for sex....Dont know if I can do it.
I did sit in the hot tub the other night doc said it was ok and to go for it. Maybe ill stay sex free forever now.. lol
Unread 07-04-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoblues68
Hello ladies....

I see some of you are having a hard time, emotionally and hormonally, but it looks like as far as the healing goes, we're all doing well and that's great news!

Springbme: I'm sorry you had such a hard time at your doctors office...it is sad having reminders all around us when we are trying to cope with our own emotions. I'm going through a bit of the same thing myself. Grieving. It's okay to do, and much needed. I got in trouble with DH last weekend, because I decided to buy another puppy. We are already tripping over ourselves in this house, but I couldn't help it. It's hard to explain, but I think some of you know exactly what I mean. We are here for you, so stay in touch and let it all out when you want to.

Kerr: I was so pleased to hear you're starting to feel better. My situation would flare during my menstrual cycle, so every 3-4 weeks, I'd feel the cysts again...faithfully. Keep on tracking it for your follow up next month. Hopefully, the pain won't show it's ugly face again. I'm thinking about you!

Magiclady: I'm 38 and have no ovaries either. I'm taking the Vivelle Dot 0.05mg for my estrogen. It's working pretty good, but I'm sweating a lot at night. No hot flashes during the day. I'll have to discuss it with my doctor at my post-op next week and see if I need to up the dose a bit. I think you may be on a bit higher dose so keep us posted on how it's working for you. Hopefully it will offset your emotional situations as well. It's helped me with that too.

As far as my own healing is going, I have a few things going on. As I mentioned, the night sweats are becoming an issue, which I'll address next week with my doc. I'm still taking the cream for that lovely yeast infection, which is slowly getting better. Tonight will be dose number 5 of 7 and personally, I think it's taking too long!

I do have a question for all of you. Does anyone know what these stitches that may "come out" look like? What color they are? I had an interesting thing that looked like a circle with a knot, and some strings hanging from the end of the knot, show up on my tp when I wiped the other day, but it was a pinkish/cream color. I was thinking stitches would be black or something like that. I'd call my doc and ask, but he's on vacation this week, and I have never met his associate, so I don't want to call her. I also noticed a bit of pink at the tip of the applicator of the cream after I inserted it, which is bothering me some. I'm worried that the NP who prescribed the medicine to me may not have realized that I was told not to insert anything until my 7 week post op visit. Do you think I may be damaging something? UGH, I'm so tired of worrying about all this!!

Okay, I'm ranting now. I am feeling great overall, so I shouldn't complain, so I'll stop now. Anyone with experience with the stitches situation out there, I'd love to hear from you.

Keep feeling better ladies. Take care, be safe, and stay sane.
Susie
I'll check back more frequently so my post will not get so long...sorry. : )
Endo blues - my stitches started showing up around 5 wks, some yellowy, some like a dark blue. But I am happy to report today is 6 weeks for me (LAVH - 4 hr surgery - kept both ovaries, lost the cervix) and I finally was able to have "relations" last night per my doc! :-) It was also my bday, so perfect timing. I was a little tense, but OMG - to be able to do that and not have any pain!!! It was glorious!!! I'd forgotten that it could be so great! It used to be I'd take the pain for the pleasure, but now - absolutely no pain. And I didn't spot or anything. My doc told me that a "normal" uterus is about 3 oz. and not many people know that (I didn't) and mine was about 4 lbs with the fibroids (some larger than grapefruit), so now I can have relations AND sleep on my belly again without feeling like there's a baseball underneath my belly on the bed! And no more painful periods. They used to last 2 wks and be just awful (won't give the gory details). I am SOOOOOO happy to be rid of the pain and discomfort. So happy I had the surgery, although I was reluctant... I hope everyone has the same outcome as me!!! The first couple weeks were tough, but then back to work and back in the swing of things. For my bday, my folks got me a personal trainer for 15 sessions. They knew I wanted to get back into shape after the surgery because before it was too painful. I have the best outlook on life now. Especially with my man who put up with a lot of my pain and has been so supportive and gentle and helpful. Good luck to all the wonderful women on this site. You are all the best!!!! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2007, 09:09 AM

Thank you Althea for the inspiration. I have reached my 6 week mark and can resume relations. I hope mine goes as well as yours.
To all you sisters out there.....Happy 4th of July and may we all continue our recoveries with the same enthusiasm and sisterhood.
Take care all!!
Unread 07-04-2007, 09:42 AM

wmac, I'm not sure why doc said only to insert part way, maybe so I didn't hurt anything? Since I have so many incisions and have to wait until 8 wks for sex, maybe it's still too early.

I know I'm going to be nervous at 8 wks too but will plan to take it real slow...
Unread 07-04-2007, 11:04 AM

I just had my 6 week and a portion was not healing right. My Dr. said another 4 weeks ! Like Althea my bday is next week and that was all I wanted! Oh well my SO is very understanding, more so than I am!!! I was cleared from all my other restrictions, so back to the gym I go! I hope everyone is recovering well!!
Unread 07-04-2007, 11:19 AM

Happy 4Th of July to all my Hystersisters here in the States, and a great day shout-out to Norway, New Zealand, and everywhere else on the face of this, the only world any of us have. We have strength in numbers. Everyone's support has been fantastic, heartfelt, and necessary. I couldn't have made it without you all! Thank you. Morgan
Unread 07-04-2007, 03:17 PM

I am heading back to my office tomorrow and dreading it. I am afraid I will be completely wiped out. But I have some meals prepared and menus planned for DH to be able to warm up easily for he and I for the first two weeks back at work. I warned him I plan on coming in the door, changing clothes and sitting in my delightful recliner or stretch out on our bed.

Happy 4th to everyone and I hope no one is overdoing more than they have strength for.

Take care Princesses
Unread 07-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Happy 4th sisters! I am so happy to see everyone is doing much better this week. I was doing great until we went to walmart and all of a sudeen I felt the stabbing pain in my left side again and I knew then that anothercyst had ruptured. I got a leter from my surgeon yesterday telling me it was time for another post op so I am going to call and see what is up with that....at my lat one he said he didn;t need to see me for 4 months. I am not sure if I will go back to him or keep seeing my pcp. I am now on pain meds for the cyst again.....I was getting so excited because I was not in any pain for a few days and now it is back. Oh well! I had so much planned for today but now I have to put it off til theweekend. My family really wants to go see the fireworks so hopefully I will feel up to it. I feel so bad because summer vacation is almost over and we have done nothing but sit in this house.

endoblues: I read up on the luprin and I am not sure if I really want to go there. I do not like the side affect or the possible complcations. I smoke so my pcp said no Birth control pills, she was suprised that my gyn rxd them knowing I smoked. I am still looking for more info on ways to treat and ways to talk the dr into removing the ovary. I am not giving up!!!

hope you all have a great evening!
Unread 07-05-2007, 02:12 AM

Life goes on Ive been back at work for just over a week, went to the pub last night. Everyone said you look so good but really I just wanted to go to my bed, I put on a good happy face. I find Im not enjoying anything at the moment and dont seem to have any confidence and still break out in tears at radom. I have always been highly strung but have had some real dark thoughts latly which is not like me.
Got estrogen patch two days ago and was hoping I would be normal again. Ill have to bite the bullet and ask doc for depression meds. I nearly quit my job today which would be a nightmare as our house is part of our job and would lose some really good friends well I better ring that doc.
You are all great and thanks to you all this site is awsome.
Hope you having better day than me. Tomorrow will be better Im sure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register