Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 05-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Hey Abclan12 - sorry your recovery isn't going so well. I don't know if you got the breathing aparatus in the hosp after your procedure - that little plastic thing you breath into to force you to take deep breaths, but it will help you get rid of the affects of the anesthesia - actually any deep breathing you do will help with that. I've had lap surgery in the past and the nausea was awful, and the recovery not as quick as I would have liked, but hang in there and you can always whine to us.....sending you a hug! Feel better!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2007, 09:54 PM

Thanks ladies! Just complaining made me feel a bit better.

I also took some Gas-X, walked around more and did some yoga breathing. I do feel better than I did a few hours ago. Eating does make me feel better - I just have no desire (which is usually NOT my problem) to eat. I am putting out some crakers and cheese tongith so when I wake up I can snack. I hope this eliminates my morning pukiness. It just feels like two steps forward then four steps back, yk?

I can't wait to get to my one week date! I knew this first week would be rough. I expected my recovery to be more emotional/hormonal - but it has been really physical. I just feel YUCKY! My family has been awesome - I hate to brag but I think I have the best family and in-laws ever. They have taken excellent care of me, dh and my kiddos.

Tommorrow dh is going back to work. I've hired a housecleaner to come clean the floors and I am going to watch a movie at my mom's house. I do think it will be better than today.

Thanks all! Sweet Dreams!
Unread 05-29-2007, 07:16 AM

ann, schnowzerz, and sandysk8tr....we made it! I'm down to just two 800 mg Ibuprofen a day. Hot flashes are well....an issue. The sling was doing well till yesterday, I feel pulling and for the first time noticed some leaking so I'm getting up the nerve to call my urogyn's office. I did kind of overdo it....I sat up and peeled a bunch of veggies, sat and ironed yesterday and wrapped some gifts. We also had over a houseful of guests...I didn't do anything...but entertaining them was stressful. I also talked DH into driving me to Target and Meijers on Saturday...I got a little cart and zooomed through the store like speed racer! Am feeling sore and HOT today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2007, 09:14 AM

Diver..leaking? Oooh, that scares me. I so don't want my sling to leak!!! I hope it is nothing too serious!!!

As for me, I slept in the bed last night for the first time since I got home. (I used the recliner the past two nights, so I wouldn't have to move much) It wasn't great. I couldn't position my body easily, my husband was there, and he made it even more difficult, etc. I may go back to the recliner tonight.

I still have terrible gas pains, and am not on a regular bm schedule. I have minor pains and aches, but I stopped taking pain meds yesterday.

I have had minor hot flashes, but they seemed to have stopped.
Unread 05-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Some issues

I had my TAVH on Wednesday the 23rd and I got to come home Saturday morning with a catheter. My Dr said that I had a lot of Endo and it had attached to the bladder. He fixed everything but says I have to keep this in till Thursday morning. It is killing me. And today I felt like I had to pee and it didn't go in the bag. It went in the toilet (TMI). Little concerned about that and the mood swings/hot hot flashes. Yes I said it twice. By the afternoon I'm pooring in sweat and the mood swings almost got me divorced. Other than the nasty catheter and hot flashes, I feel sore but ok. I haven't done a lot but play with my 15 month old son a little. Not a lot but just a little. Any ideas on the hot flashes/catheter issues?
Unread 05-29-2007, 09:42 AM

Went in Fri May25 for LSH, and it turned into SAH. Waking to abdominal surgery pain vs Laproscopic incisions in recovery was shock to me. Yeah Dr said it was possible, but I wasnt expecting it. Had prior transvaginal ultrasound but they hadnt seen any fibroids but last few months had severe bleeding to anemia and labor like pain w/periods that incapacitated me (fyi I am 48yrs). When Dr went in laproscopically they found uterus way too big and lots of big fibroids and he switched to SAH method.

That 1st day they had me on morphine switch to give yourself pain relief about every 10 min. Was miserable for hours-thought I would never feel ok again. At some point a nurse brought me some ice packs to lay on abdom and it made all the diff. The ice packs relieved so much pain, that by morning of next day after surgery I didnt need the morph at all, and switched over to 800 ibuprofen orally. Then they had me walking the halls to get the bowels/intestines to wake up. I walked and walked on and off all day and rubbed by tummy and sides to massage them to wake up. Surprisingly walking felt better than I thought it would. The worst part is always just getting up and down out of bed. Went home on morning day3. Took home the ice packs and still use them some. If anything- I would suggest them for anyone having tightness and pain in the abdom area.

Now on day 4 at home. Sleeping on couch cause it's easier to get up/down. Taking 400 ibuprofen when needed and 600 at night. General discomfort in stapled area and getting up/down still hurts but it is manageable. Cant wait for pain to go away more-am hoping getting staples out will help. Going in to get staples out tomorrow at dr office.

Have to start working from my computer part time from home for work Wed-Fri at least a couple hrs a day- that's a drag, but hopefully can manage. Hang in there sisters, I was such a wimp in recovery room when I woke up, was wishing practically I hadnt done it, but in the long run I will get my life back, and this post-surgery recovery pain is definitely less than I pain I had with my periods past couple months.
Unread 05-29-2007, 01:29 PM

Jigme here: day 7 (as of 5:30 tonight) and put away the pain pills, NO bleeding whatsoever, eating and not straining too much (smile, even if a bit lopsided). I walked 1/2 a mile without strain and was able to bus it to the library this morning. I guess I don't have a problem (I think) but the stress of waiting to KNOW is getting to me. Waiting on Pathology report.
Unread 05-29-2007, 01:51 PM

I am feeling better today. Feeling like I finally turned the corner. About time too!

My gas is better. Recieved good advice from other hyster sisters on that! The poop issue is fine ( I personally recommend smoothies with fresh berries and hemp powder, one cup of good coffee, good dark chocolate and short frequent walks) . The pain is fading. Walking is slow. Not eating much (except the berry smoothies and dark chocolate). Hot flashing regularly but not too bad. My lap stiches are tingling and pulling. Annoying really.

Seems like everyone is slowly and gently recovering. Although I can't imagine myself at Target yet, I at least feel like shopping on Amazon. That "one-click" shopping gets me in trouble!

Cheers!
Unread 05-29-2007, 01:58 PM

I had my TAH on friday, discharged from hospital on Monday. Doing well recovering at home. Pain is not that bad it lets you know when you do something wrong or overdo it. I am using a abdominal binder and it sure helps to give added support. Doing just what the doctor ordered taking it easy.
Unread 05-29-2007, 02:12 PM

I found that laying on the bed with pillows under my feet is heaven! Gonna try it tonight. I still have gas pains and pooping pains, but I guess this goes with major abdominal surgery. I haven't been taking the pain pills, but I do have trouble relaxing enough to fall asleep. I am thinking about calling for a sleeping aid.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register