Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 72 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 07-09-2007, 12:11 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

No regrets whatsoever, diverchick! Tomorrow marks the beginning of my eight week post-op, and I am feeling so much better with each day. Today I catered a 25th wedding anniversary, and I felt great. The only thing I did that I shouldn't have was lift a 40 pound bag of sand...for a brief moment, and just not remembering that I shouldn't do that yet. No problems, but I'm going to avoid that for a bit more!

By now I would have had at least three periods since May 21st (previously got them all the time), and wonderfully I have not even been spotting since the second day of surgery. I wore WHITE today, and didn't have to keep running to the bathroom. Freedom!

Next milestone is returning to full fun with DH...little apprehensive about that, and still have one more week of waiting. I also return to work in one week....not looking forward to that...the past seven away from my job have been glorious, even while recovering.

Got a phone call from my doctor's office on Friday to say the results of my recent blood test came back...everything looks good, and I am now "post menopausal"...well, I could have told them that! Staying up on my vitamin supplements, and excited to start a bit more of my exercises....slow but easy is the course.

I hope this finds all of you doing well. Everyone has been a terrific source of support through the hysterectomy maze.

Happy Monday,
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2007, 12:35 AM

Just when you think your out of the woods boom. I just keep getting alittle bit of a ripping pain around my belly button not sure what it is. kinda freaking out a bit. Still havent made the jump with relations with DH. Im still a bit nervous and he understands. Im getting some stiches that keep coming out. They are kinda weird looking stringy and light colored. Any one else getting that only when I wipe though. But we made it this far.
Unread 07-09-2007, 07:43 AM

wmac, I have only seen a very few stitches come out, and this weekend, I had three of them come out. Don't know if we're slow dissolvers or what, it seems to me that a lot of people had their's dissolve awhile back!

It just occurred to me that next week is our last week on this posting site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2007, 08:34 AM

Just got back from my post op! He said my incision looked great!! (the old tube sock did it's job! LOL) Then we did the internal. Didn't even hurt. He said, "WOW!! You have healed terrificly!! This is textbook healing!!" I was like, "YES!!!" I am so glad!! Said can resume normal relations, and live my life! Said to take it easy on lifting. Don't try to be superwoman. Said that I had MAJOR delicate surgery, and that I should always remember that! Asked me about leakage..and I joked that I still stop when walking when I feel like I gotta sneeze, and grip my legs together! He said that will probably never change! LOL! But I told him, no leakage at all, and I am quite thrilled with all the benefits to having this surgery. I have never regretted it. It really is a life changing (for the better) surgery. He said, 'See ya next year!' and we argued over the Gators and Crimson Tide and then I was off to get my Ambien prescription. I am still having sleep issues. I am going to save them for when I have to return to work on the 5th of August. I need sleep for working at a school! LOL!

Hope you all get great reports soon! HUGS
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:49 AM

Schnowzerz...terrific news! Doesn't it feel good to get such a wonderful report? I envy you not having to go back to work until August 5th...I only have one week left of leave, and I'm dreading the return to my desk. Have been thinking of everything that will prevent it....buying lotto tickets, dreaming of starting my own coffeeshop, moving to northern Michigan, etc... Anyway, keep up the great healing!

Diverchick and Wmac...I've not noticed any stitches come out at this point. From what most others have written, they started seeing theirs about 4-5 weeks post-op. Perhaps I am a late dissolver as well! I didn't have any bleeding after surgery (except for light spotting the day of surgery and day after), which really shocked me. Perhaps I have a huge clog up there holding everything in LOL!

I didn't know that next week will be our last week to post under this thread! I'm bummed. Have met some really wonderful people in our select group for the same week of surgery...hate the thought of giving that up and posting with everyone else at different stages. But, I guess that means we have moved on!!

Happy Monday....
Kathy
Unread 07-09-2007, 10:12 AM
No Sitches in sight

troyryans3, I had TAH May 23rd so this is week 7 and I have yet to see any stitches. I spotted the evening I got out of sugery and then not again after that.

Also, I saw that the group before us started a new thread on the main post-op forum. We could do that as well and call it " Girls from May 21-May 28" and continue on.
Unread 07-09-2007, 10:26 AM

That is a great idea, Ann43!
Unread 07-09-2007, 02:38 PM

I like that idea! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who hasn't seen a lot of stitches, I'll see what my GYN says on Friday! I just love coming here to see how we are all doing and it's so nice to know that for everything I'm experiencing, someone else probably is too! I'm for that new thread!
Unread 07-09-2007, 03:14 PM

wmac- i too will occassional get some strange pain and or pulling pains in my pelvic region... it can just come without any warning.... just when a little normal, i'll feel weird pains or weird sharp pains. i still occassional take motrin for swelling and those pains. I, too, will have some color when i wipe... i'm assuming its the stitches dissolving... not too sure if i see threads - is it that obvious? not sure if i am spotting from over doing it or if it is the stitches dissolving.... sometimes its accompanied from the pain.

at 6 wks to the day, my husband and i "did it"... it was ok but mentally i was a little worried so it was a little tense but was OK.... however, i ended up bleeding and having some pain. i guess i am not completely healed and would prefer to wait until i feel no pains.

today, i also made it to the gym for the first time and walked slowly on the treadmill for 1 hour. i was worried again in the beginning and once i started i could have gone for much longer. i tried to do a few exercises and was fine while i was doing it... just trying to slowly get back to my normal workout routine - however, with the heat/humidity and the fact that i did more than i have, i am wiped out and having some pains and weird feelings in the pelvic area.... spotting a little (again, not sure if that is the stitches or if it because i did too much.)

i had my postop check up on day 10, and was told i did not need to be seen again but for yearly exams. how do i know if i am completely healed internally??? i spotted/bled the 1st day or 2 after the surgery (TAH) and then nothing when i came home. but then around the end of week 2 i started spotting or having that color on the TP when i wiped... not enough to wear a pad or anything. it kind of stopped around the end of week 5 but is again starting up.

i can't believe how long its taken to heal? i still have swelly belly and its starting to bother me? anyone still have that or have a solution to that?

i feel great mentally that i want to do more... but my body just gets sore and i think i have the mind over matter issue that i try to minimize the tiredness and pain and keep doing things. i try not to over do it, but knowing that i am in my 6th week i keep thinking i should be doing more.

anyways, thanks for listening. it's so good to hear about everyone's progress and wish everyone the best!
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:33 PM

luvdabeach~
I thought I was the only one that was not having a 6 wk post op apt.
I had a 3 wk post op apt and was told I was healing nicely and would not need to be seen again until annual pap time (sept / oct ).
I have wondered if everything has healed internally as well. Must be since I feel so much better.
It is taking much longer to recover than I expected.
It seems I have had the swollen belly more the past 48hrs but my cold pack has really helped.
I am just exhausted!
I did a mile on the treadmill today and had to take a nap.
tonight more abdominal pains/tenderness has me a little concerned. A good night's sleep and a cold pack should help. I have been more active than last week and that's progress.
Don't push yourself, just think of how far you've come already and keep on going.

It's nice hearing about everyone's progress.
this is my first post - I got a late start on the site after an emergency SAH ( 5/25/07).
Your thoughts and words have helped me through the recovery. Thank you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register