Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 73 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 07-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Actually, Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Well that was stupid

Im a dairy farmer and for some reason forgot I recently had surgery. I had a first time calver down no one around but didnt give it a thought so I pulled her calf out and tried and failed miserable to sit her up, did managed to hurt myself and kicking myself but still got desent pain killers and had hot bath and everything settled down.
No one be that stupid we not suppose to lift hardly anything let alone a 400kg cow. The worse thing I dont think she going to make it so Im all emotional more than normal, but I always cry if any of our animals die.
I havent seen any stitches or had bleeding is that cause my was adominal.
DONT TRY LIFTING COWS
Unread 07-10-2007, 06:08 AM

I know I thought that after the 6 weeks, I'd be totally back to normal - WRONG!!! Our bodies will heal on their own schedule, & we have to respect that & listen. So many of us are "superwoman", & that just has to be put on hold for a while. This time next year, we'll all be glad we took it slow.

Leopard fanatic,
TAH/BSO
5/23/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 07:50 AM

magiclady, I sure hope you are doing okay. One woman trying to help another, even if it was a cow! I hope she does well, that must be heartwrenching to experience.

On a lighter note, I don't think I need to worry about lifting cows here in my suburban neighbourhood but thanks for the warning ! I'll keep an eye out!
Unread 07-10-2007, 08:27 AM

magiclady....how did things turn out for the cow and her calve? Please don't do that again! Hope you feel better!
Unread 07-10-2007, 03:55 PM

Happy to see everyone is on the mend. I thought by now we would be back to normal. I tried to work again today only made it 4 hours and went home to take pain meds. I have not seen any stitches yet!! Maybe they came out and I didn;t notice...I was looking. lol Hope everyone has a great week!
Unread 07-10-2007, 05:29 PM

Magiclady, I think we should suggest that they add "NO LIFTING COWS" to the Post-Op 5-6 Checkpoint . Even if it is a first time calver.
Unread 07-10-2007, 05:34 PM

As week seven starts we have one cow removal and a returnee to work. I'm working on getting the DH out of the house for two days camping (I'm not going-I just want the peace.) Isn't it great when things return to normal? Still taking IBU in large doses, but just not all the time. Take care everyone: in one week I believe our forum winds down and I for one don't want to lose this! Hey Schnowzerz
Unread 07-10-2007, 06:43 PM

Hi Gals...I have been so busy the past week. My son started football practice (he is 12) and it is SO hot here in Georgia! Gasp! Humid and icky. Luckily it is in the evenings. My daughters car broke, and until hubby gets the new engine put in, I am driving her to college every morning and to work in the evenings! I feel like a Taxi. So, rather than drive my Tahoe all the time, I took the Mustang today! It is a five speed hot rod, and I haven't driven it much since before my hyster. OH MI GOSH! It was so much fun zipping around town. And my son thought he was cool, being driven to practice in the GT rather than a van or Tahoe or Suburban! LOL! I have three weeks till I go back to work and all this driving around is killing me!! But, we can hack it, right ladies!! Okay..who is gonna be the one to start our own thread!
Unread 07-10-2007, 11:40 PM

Hi everyone! I've been away from the thread for awhile and was glad to read all of your posts dating back a week or so. I, too, have not noticed any stitches, but I haven't been looking too hard. I'm still wearing panty liners because my bloody discharge has turned dark yellow. Not much each day but still enough to wear a liner. Wonder if this will ever go away. Someone posted that having a hysterectomy doesn't stop vaginal discharge. Does anyone remember that? Also, I was the one that suffered so badly with nausea. I am happy to inform you that it is finally gone. I took my son to the dermatologist and the physician's assistant asked me how I was doing and, of course I had to tell her. She recommended Acidophilus and Borage Oil capsules. I purchased them at GNC. They supposedly work in the intestinal tract and WOW! They really worked for me. Whether it was coincidence or psychosymptomatic - I don't know, but, within 2 days, my nausea was gone. I took 1 capsule twice a day. Just an FYI for any of you out there still suffering from nausea. As for my health, I still can't walk long distances without getting fatigued in my legs. I'm doing much better though. I can't imagine going back to work yet. My job can have me working a 14 hour duty day. I'm taking my vacation as soon as my medical leave ends. I need as much time as possible to heal. Let me know when we switch over to the main forum. Love you guys!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register