Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 77 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 07-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Silly question ladies, and don't know if it's over acting hormones or what. Got my insurance form and they really didn't pay very well to my GYN, he only was able to recieve a third of his charge. Went in for my post op and at the end, he said I could continue with my yearly exams with whomever I pleased. I told him he had done the last three and he looked kinda confused as he ruffled through my file to verify. Things were out of order and he only found one mammo report out of three I've had done. So, was he truly confused, or was this a polite way of saying he didn't like my insurance, so he'd rather me see someone else? I know it's silly, but it left me feeling kinda odd there! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 09:30 PM

Glad to hear everyone is doing great. Ya im dealing with the swelly belly too. and I had a tvh. I dont get it. I have lost a few pounds which I didnt need to do and pants are still a little tight around the center. Yikes. So this is our regular site now? I see it says club house. But if I just keep clicking on my emails I will get here right? Cant believe we are going on 8weeks just seems like yesterday we were all getting ready for our surgeries and were really nervous. Im still getting some pain around the belly button area once in a while. mmm... Any way glad to see ya all here. Tried the relation thing with DH about three four nights ago I was really nervous and it kinda hurt a bit havent tried again . I said lets just wait till im mentally ready. Was really nervous. He understands. Any way good to see you all.
take care
wendy
Unread 07-15-2007, 03:12 AM

Life just loves to test us to see how strong we are. My Dad past away on friday I got the phone call while I as at the Doctors.
Went back to work and my cow didnt make it, we do have some lovely happy calf stories we have 10 calves now.
I just feel tested at the moment, the family and friends have been awsome. Going to work was theraputeic helping new lives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2007, 07:11 AM

Good Morning, Ladies!!
I just have to give a "shout out" to my DH - I have been back to work for about 10 days & my butt is dragging!! THis past week was a 6 day work week for me. I was really dreading it, but made it through. However, everything at home is suffering. My gardens are my pride & joy and they are suffering too. I got home from work at 5:00 Saturday only to find that my DH had worked ALL day on them!!! He weeded, cultivated & added new fresh dirt to make them look like I was still home everyday to tend to them. When I asked why he had done this, his response was "we HAVE to pamper the princess". Now, I have today free to just turn the sprinkler on the gardens & relax out in the sun in my lounge chair!!!!
I've really been struggling because my 6 week recovery time was so easy for me, & I thought by now I'd be "back to normal". It seems worse, with the swelly belly & just being too tired to care. Everyone I talk to can't understand why I'm not up to full speed & their answer is always "well, you LOOK good". Just because we do our hair & make-up & try to find some sort of clothing to accomodate our swelly belly, this does not mean we are totally healed!!! It was just so sweet to come home to see him slaving away in the vegetable garden!!! I guess he has been paying attention to my feelings!!!
Granted, the housework won't get done today & I don't care!!! I'm planning on a pedicure & soaking up some rays. Maybe I'll take some pictures of my beautiful gardens - I can refer to them sometime when he does something that grates on my nerves, and just remember what a thoughtful gesture that was!!!
Sorry to ramble, but that was so nice, & I'm learning to really appreciate the simple things in life.
Hoping you all are still pampering the priincess!!! I may just wear my pamper.....t- shirt to make it complete. I just received my shirt from Kathy this week, so my new saying is...been there, got the t-shirt!!!
Hope you all enjoy your weekend!!

Leopard fanatic
TAH/BSO
5/23/07
Unread 07-15-2007, 07:37 AM

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for the veggie garden!! I am glad your hubby thoughtfully took the time to do it. How wonderful! And even more glad that you have the time to relax more after such a work week.
Unread 07-15-2007, 09:01 AM

Hi All
Hope everyone is having a pleasant day!
Diver- I have somewhat a similar experience regarding doctors. I went for my 6 week post op a week early because of the 4th of July holiday the following week. She cleared me and and I made my appt for the annual exam in November. Anyway, I had a friend call me last week that the doc had closed her practice! Just like that...as of July 1st. Apparently she is having her own challenges now with problems with the tendons in her arm. She decided to retired now and take care of these issues since it was affecting her surgical techniques and anything else she did with her hand and arm. I felt really bad that she has to do this but the good lord usually has his plan for everyone.
Now I have to find a new doctor. I was so comfortable before. It's funny how things work out. But I know you'll find a new doctor who will be good for you.
Magiclady- My condolences to your family. Remember we are all here for you if you need to vent or share stories...whatever is on your mind. Take care
Darlene
Unread 07-15-2007, 11:33 AM

Its good to have everyone still together.
Unread 07-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Good to be making the transitions

Good to hear from you Jibber, and that Spain is so wonderful. It is my hope that we all do as well as you in the enjoyment department. However, maybe Spain is not quite in the picture! I rarely feel the stitches ( if they are still there: I imagine they are????) as mine are all vaginal, but, do note some discomfort with sitting long periods. However, that is diminishing rapidly. I'm 8 wks in two days, but it seems little if anything reminds me of post-surgery days. I am grateful for that. Everybody that is still struggling keep writing!
Unread 07-15-2007, 12:22 PM

Magiclady , I am so sorry about your father's passing. Please accept my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Remember that you have friends here whenever you need us.

Daffodil53, thanks for the tip regarding a WW forum on this site. I was not aware of it! I did find the program very helpful in the past, and am hoping that my return will be just as good. I simply cannot believe how much weight I have regained since May 21st. It is shocking. Like you I need to get back into the walking program - need to dust off those shoes!

JibberJabber, your trip sounds terrific! Congrats on everything in great working order!

Jen, I hope you are doing well, and that things are getting better. Be sure to give yourself some pampering!!

Diverchick, it sounds like your doc was just confused, probably in part due to the file being out of order. You know how they can get sometimes. BUT, if he still acts like that at your next appointment, then I would definitely question it and get another doctor.

Leopard fanatic - your husband is a peach!!

So far the weekend has been good for me personally...feel wonderful physically except after walking through the Detroit Zoo yesterday. Afterwards I had to come home and take a little nap...felt like I was 80 or something! Today I'm back in good form, although I would love to be able to wear the clothes I was wearing pre-op....that is going to be a struggle.

I start work on Tuesday...ugh...after being off eight weeks. Staying at home, even to recover, was so much better than being at my office. Hhhmmmm...wonder what I can do to prevent going back....lottery tickets??

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend....

Kathy
Unread 07-15-2007, 06:21 PM

(((((Magiclady))))) Im so sorry to hear of your fathers passing and know that im thinking you and your family. Sounds like it was a very rough day for you. My prayers go to you and your family.
Im glad we are all making it to the new site. And making it through our recovery. It just doesnt seem like its almost eight weeks. my how time passes. especially when were having fun...lol
A few people have told me that it can really take six months to a year to really feel back to normal. wow.. hope not. I think that we are all doing pretty good and have recovered pretty fast, I know it doesnt seem like it but we really have. Im glad to have all of you to help me through this time. Couldnt have done it with out you.
God Bless and we will be chatting soon
wendy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register