Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 79 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 07-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

I just found the new message board...I thought it was gone!!!! I am happy to see we are all getting back to normal. After reading all the updates I feel much better about my recovery, I thought there was something else wrong with me. lol It is great seeing how everyone is doing.

Majiclady: I am sorry to hear about your dad.

I am still waiting to see if the new gyn will take my ovary out. I have a 4 page journal for them to see..I still have pain almost daily some better than others. DH took a picture of my belly in the a.m and then again in the pm so she can see how big I get. I guess the swelly belly is normal still.

Is anyone still havin problems sleeping? I was on ambien for 14 days and it really didn't help. I have even tried Advil pm and no luck. I usually go to sleep at 3 and am up at 6. This is insane!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 08:55 AM

Kerr4274, I am just starting to get a good night's sleep...finally! I will wake up a couple of times during the evening because I am either hot or cold, but I am generally sleeping hard during the rest of the time.

Swelly belly is still here also, although most noticable in the evenings. I continue to have some tenderness when I press on the belly lightly, but since that isn't something I normally do, it hasn't been a problem. I am still very numb around the incision area...it is a strange sensation.

Started back up with Weight Watchers last evening - glad I went back...I gained 13 pounds since surgery...ouch! I actually thought it was more as my home scale is "off". I was at the lowest weight at surgery since the past 20 years, so I'm not too excited to have gained some of that weight back. Doubt if the swelly belly is weighing 13 pounds!

Now I just need to get back into the exercise a bit more. Back is still hurting - Day 4 of it being on the fringe of throwing it out. Not quite sure what is causing that. Thankfully I have had some Vicodin and Motrin 600's available as needed. I started back to work on Tuesday, perhaps that alone is throwing the back out!

I'm so glad this thread is available...it was going to be hard missing the sisters who underwent surgery at the same time. Always wonderful to bounce thoughts off each other and to support one another.

Here is to a great weekend to all of you and hopes that you are on the mend.

Kathy
Unread 07-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Thumbs up - Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Helping in the Pre Op Hint Forum

Girls from May21-28,

I just posted a thread in the "Hints for your Hysterectomy" subforum under the Pre Op forum called "Recommendations from the other side".

I added a few things I thought were good suggestions for going to the castle. So many post op girls answered my questions back in March and April I thought it might be nice to send them some good ideas.

Use this link to get there.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=305810
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 04:45 PM

Thank you so much for the thoughts for me during my Dads passing.
Physical Im doing well with a few twinges nothing to bad take the odd pain pill. Emotinal Im a wreck Dr gave me a new antidepressent, and seems to help. I get my implants in two weeks. Just taking one day at a time.
Kerr 4274 hope you can get them to take notice it riduclous how we have to beg for the right to be pain free.
Hope all are well? I keep popping in and have a catch up
Unread 07-20-2007, 07:18 PM

Does any one notice someone missing that normally posted regularly when we had the other forum under post op? I want to make sure no one else is 'lost' and can't find us. I would do some looking them up and trying to find us all. I am really glad we are all still communicating and this still meets a need for all of us.
Unread 07-20-2007, 07:22 PM

oh and magiclady......I want to encourage you to take care of yourself and those emotions that are just a wreck. It can't be easy for that to have happened right on top of your surgery.

So what is everyone's favorite way to pamper themselves? Mine is either the beach, or if I don't have the money to go (it is about 80 miles from where I live), a bubblebath with lavendar Bath and Body Works is a good one too.
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:17 PM

A favorite way I like to pamper myself is to go to the bookstore or library, pick up a good book, and head to a quiet coffee shop for a chai tea and some reading.

I also love a long walk on Lake Michigan's beach...right around 6 p.m., my favorite time on the beach.

Lastly, I really enjoy baking, and find baking pies or bread to be calming...with good results.

Kathy
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:42 PM

Oh my, I'm such a tea lover and just discovered chai tea just before my surgery. I love it. I never understood the love of flavoured coffee until I tried Chai tea.

Since I'm driving again, I also enjoy looking in second hand stores for "fine treasures". I like to collect tea bag holders. Weird I know.

I also enjoy a hot bath with candles, since I had to wait 7 weeks to have one! I have only ever been able to use Avon's Soft Pink Bubble Bath without developing an infection and I'm out right now. So, it's been plain hot water for me.

And yes, I love baking - I'm obsessed with cookbooks. Which isn't helping with the weight issue but oh well - that'll come - I hope.

What a good question Daffodil - it's nice to still be pampered!
Unread 07-21-2007, 04:23 AM

Hi there princesses! We arrived at home 5 am this morning, 7 hours ago. It's cold! When we left Málaga it was 93.2 F/34 C and in Oslo it was 46.4 F/8 C, so as you can imagine we were pretty much frozen stiff the second we hit Norwegian ground.

But we've all got a nice tan, and lot's of very good summer memories to bring with us as the summer are reaching an end in few weeks. As I've mentioned earlier, we have been cursed with rain and flood in south parts of Norway this summer, and both weeks while we were away, it has been raining and flooding here. Now it looks like it's finally over, and the sun has come forward. Hopefully it will stay this way for the rest of the summer, untill it's business as usual when school starts again in the middle of August.

Thursday was my 8 week mark, and I feel normal again. The swelly belly is actually not bad, just a little swelly in the evenings, but nothing to mention, really.

I hope everyone is feeling as good as I am, I really do.

What I do to pamper my self? Well, there's allways a good book to read (I'm reading "A Son of the Circus" from my favorite author John Irving at the moment, - again), and then there's knitting, painting or making jewelery. I love to take a timeout, light some candles and just sit down and knit some of my latest projects. Listening to music is also a great way to relax. As I'm a busy mum and grandmother, needless to say, spending time with my family is high on my list of enjoyment, as well. And tea is of course a must!

Now I have to take a moment to ponder upon if I'm happy to be home again. (I want to go back to the hot and friendly Spain again...)
Unread 07-21-2007, 06:36 AM

To pamper myself now I get my nails done and also light some candles and relax in the hot tub. I missed them bad!!!! oh yeah...Starbucks is a ncessity too. We got thee best suprise Thursday....our oldest lives in Oklahoma with her DH and she suprised us by showing up unannounced. It was awesome!!!! She told us she missed us and wanted to suprise us to make me feel better.

has anyone asked ya'll if you were prego? Yesterday a customer of ours looked at me and asked when I was due! I almost cried...she felt so bad.

Well today we are going to going to do some much needed yard work and wash the poor dogs....they have missed thier baths for the past 2 months. Hope you all have a GREAT weekend!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register