Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 05-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

I talked to my dr. today and all my paths came back negative!!! Dr. said he found adeno which we didn't know about until the paths, so having surgery was even more important than we thought. I did a couple loads of laundry, walked, and went to the grocery store and I have a constant pain/ache on my left side, so I better lay down now and take it a bit easier until the pain goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2007, 05:47 AM

Great news sandy! You need to rest more! Pamper the princess, remember? I am going to try to go to my sons baseball game tonight. i will rest up all day for it. I went off my perocets, and now am just dealing with the dreaded BM. 1 week!!! taking colace, milk of mag, fruit, tons of water. I am starting to wonder if the dr. didnt put my bowel back in the right place?! lol. I week ago at this minute i was in pre-op. scared to death. your 1 week out too!! take it easy

lisa
Unread 05-30-2007, 06:06 AM

Glad to hear everyone is doing better for the most part! I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday about hardly existent BM's and she said after her c-sections (they still use it when they have "problems") she used Miralax (it is a powder you mix into your drink). My DH went and got some after I hung up with her and 2 hours later I had some progress. Not nearly as bad cramps as with the stool softener I took. The container says that it takes 1-3 days to work so maybe it wasn't the Miralax, maybe it was the BM fairy granting my wish!!! Everything affects everyone different though... just thought I would throw it out there, I for one am willing to try anything. Anyway, after a week I am still a little sore, i have some pressure in my lower belly. My sides usually only hurt in the morning when I first get up and I am feeling not as tired. So I am happy! I still am not doing too much. I am still asking my husband to make dinner (while batting my eyelashes), my son takes care of the floors, my daughter is helping with laundry (sort of). I dust and do some dishes, put some stuff away, things like that. I want to heal right the first time so I am trying not to take any chances, it would stink if they had to re-stitch anything! Well, that is my progress report.... I wish all of you the best!!!
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2007, 09:42 AM
soooo tired!

LAVH on 5/25/07. outpatient - in by 6 a.m., home by 12 pm. amazing. i have a few questions for the sisters:

when do i expect to have any energy for more than 30 min at a time, about 2x/day?

are you taking antibiotics at home? i had IV antibiotics but that's it. every other surgery i've ever had, i was put on antibiotics for 7-10 days after surgery (by mouth). but not this time. is that "normal"?

is it normal to have pain-free days then have pain on other days? (not due to "too much too soon" as I have done NOTHING at home)

Unread 05-30-2007, 10:49 AM

Hi LittleLisa, I took a darvocet last night and the pain on my left side is almost gone today. I will definitely take it more easy today. For BM issues, I took colace for two days last week and I eat raisin bran every morning and I have been regular since three days after surgery. Someone else on these boards swears by raisin bran and it really works for me too. Let us know how you did at your son's game.

Sandy
Unread 05-30-2007, 10:51 AM

LAVHMay2007, I only had iv antibiotics right before I went in the surgery room and that was it for me. I think it is normal to have a pain day, then a pain free day, but never hesitate to contact your dr. with any and all questions.
Unread 05-30-2007, 11:22 AM

Well I had my LAVH/BSO on May 22nd, came home on that Thursday, I ran a fever for the first few days, I had alot of scaring from the endo. I am in alot of pain, bleeding like a period only bright red. My legs and back hurt from staying in the bed. I am walking some, still can't do the stairs or drive... Had a small BM that hurt like the dickens, gas is terrible. But other than that OK,,,
Unread 05-30-2007, 11:56 AM

First, thanks to everyone for sharing their stories and advice. I spent hours on these boards leading up to TAH/BSO on May 24 and really learned a lot.
My surgery was last Thursday am, Friday am the catheter was removed and I was able to walk the halls a bit hoping to move along the dreaded gas passing. I couldn't believe the sounds that were coming from my belly!
My stay at the castle was a good one. It's a very new castle and almost more like a boutique hotel/spa with room service, murphy beds if you want your husband or whoever to spend the night.....I didn't....got more sleep without his snoring!
I was discharged on Sunday and have been laying low here at home. I walk a few laps around the pool a few times a day and am catching up on all the old movies on TV.
No bleeding. Some pain when I get up or sit down but I'm still taking the percocet. I see the dr. for post op visit tomorrow. Eating fresh fruit and some prunes has been helpful to get the bowels moving.
Again, thanks everyone for being here. It always helps to realize you're not alone in this.
Waterpolofan.
Unread 05-30-2007, 12:01 PM

Schnowzerz I also had trouble sleeping. Have you tried taking a pain pill wiht your bedtime snack? The gas pains are better thanks to all the dried fruit I have been eating. It is really true it does get better everyday.
Unread 05-30-2007, 12:04 PM

HAH...I actually slept for six hours last night. Without the RX doc gave me for Lunesta. Has anyone tried Lunesta? Is it okay to use? I hate using new medicines.

I still have 'pulling and burning' pains and the gas pains. The gas pains and bowel pains are worse than any of the post op stuff. I just sit on the toilet and pray it will come out fast! LOL! TMI, I know, but I really hate this part of recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register