Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 87 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 08-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

It is very encouraging and nice to hear from everyone and how they are progressing. I too am having more moments when I don't think about the surgery than those I spend thinking about it. At least until a bill about it or document from the insurance comes sailing in.

Kerry: So glad to know you are being 'monitored' and will have that extra help as you go in for the surgery on the 31st. Be sure and keep us posted.

Diver: I am so glad you are excited about the new job. That makes a huge difference and I hope it will go wonderfully.

And to the rest of everyone: Hang in there and life's ups and downs and thanks for letting us all know how you are and what's going on.

I had a great weekend. Went to the coast with some friends and it was oddly not windy and warm although overcast. Had clam chowder and garlic toast and it was delightful. And I drove that far (about 70 miles one way) with nary a twinge. And I wasn't exhausted. I was thrilled.

Speaking of jobs, I better get out the door to mine. Gotta have it to pay the bills from this surgery.

Take care everyone!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 03:57 AM

Hi all! Just a question: Anyone had any pink discharge lately? I have had that the last few days, and don't know what to think about it...

I still haven't had any post op-check, you know.

(I don't know if I've overdone something, but I am sitting a lot in front of my pc these days, as there's a lot to do with my webshop.)
Unread 08-18-2007, 05:34 AM

Hi again... Just talked to the hospital at the gyn post. (nurse) She said I should come for at check up as this should not be this way. And you know, as I told you months ago, I'm a incest survivor and have to get full narcosis just to undergo a simple gyno check... So now I'm having a pretty bad anxiety attack, hyperventilating and a bawling fit.

Because of the weekend they can't give me drugs before a gyno check up, and I can't seem to gather my self enough to go there when I know they can't. You know? I'm scared stiff...

I'm running a fever, my tummy hurts, it's very swollen and very hot around the incision area, sort of.

And here I am, being a humongous baby not able to do anything about it. I know, I'm an idiot for not being able to pull my act together.

I should go, but I don't have the guts, so I'm staying home, and are probably taking a risk by being so darn scared.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 06:18 AM

hey there jibberjabber

I am so sorry you are having such a problem right now. With the swelling and other symptoms you are having, it does sound like you need to be checked out. I also totally understand your anxiety. You are NOT being a baby either. Do you have any pain pills left from the surgery? Maybe that would help a weeny bit. Have someone drive you and take two. Practically put you to sleep. Or maybe some self-hypnosis/visualization or relaxation techniques. Maybe a friend go with you to be checked. A real dilemna for sure. Needing to go but being scared to death. Is there any way we girls can help by being here real frequently the next day or two? I know we are mostly back to our lives, but this very thing is the reason we are still around too. I would be more than willing to check every hour or two today to make sure you have someone to talk to. Or maybe even more frequently if you wanted/needed. Most important is for you to get checked out.

PLEASE keep us all posted!
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:01 AM

Hi JibberJabber
I'm so sorry you are going through all this. We're here to support you. I think daffodil had some great ideas, especially having a friend go with you. Your health is so important. Take your power back somehow. We are here for you. Keep writing!!
Unread 08-18-2007, 04:34 PM

Just checking in to see how you are doing, jibberjabber. Hoping you are able to get checked out. Wish you were closer than an ocean and a continent away. We could all go with you and try to make a party. Not at ALL trying to make light of what you are experincing. Just wanting you to feel some strength from your hystersisters. Let us know how you are.
Unread 08-19-2007, 02:07 PM

Jibber Jabber,
I am so sorry that you are having the problems. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted!

Only 11 days til my next surgery and I am actually getting worried now. I was so happy that the Dr finally saw it my way but now that I have had time to let it set in I am getting scared. I guess I am more owrried aobut the hormones and the health issues related with them. I have been doing a lot of research and that is problally why I am feeling this way. All I keep reading is heart diesease and breast cancer. We have a bad family histiry of breast cancer and I had a scare in January with it. Heart diesease runs in my family too. I keep telling myself that what ever happens happens for a reason. I did find out that my thyroid shuttin down WAS from the ovary and the cysts. I now know that I will have to keep having my levels checked to prevent it from shutting down again.

Just thoguht I would stop in and see how everyone was doing. I hope you are all getting back to a normal life. I see the Dr tomorrow for my pre-op appointment and I have a LONG list of questions for him. He is going to be so HAPPY when allthis over....he problally thinks I am some CRAZY patient....lool

HAve a GREAT WEEEK!!!!!!
Unread 08-19-2007, 04:03 PM

Hi there sweet sisters! Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and your ideas. It touches me that you are so considerate. It seems to have stopped for now, no discharge or anything this Sunday, and also the fever is gone, so I hope this means I'm alright. So for now I will just call them tomorrow to schedule an check up appointment, and they will give me one where I'm fully sedated. If only pills could work for me this way, but then I had to take at least 5-6 Valiums, just to be able to lie still in the chair. And even then I would cry my eyes out, because it's like reliving all those years my granddad molested me. It's OK, I'm used to it, but I have to do things like this under some what special conditions you know. And for me, that is a way of taking power back; I've started to ask for things that makes it better for me to go through. Now, enough said.

So for now, I'll just try to take it a bit easy, work less in my workshop and not too much in front of my PC either. I guess our web shop customers will survive without my online help all day. Don't ya think, sweeties? This Sunday I have had a relaxing day, made some necklaces for sale in web shop and made hamburgers for dinner.

My DH has teared one of the bedrooms down. Well some of the walls, that is. Our 19 yr old moved to her own apartment yesterday, and it's so quiet and sort of odd in our home without her constant flow of jibberish chatting. I miss her a bit, she's just 15 minutes away, but still, it's strange. And now, her room have no walls.

Tomorrow it's back to school in Norway, a long summer holiday is over, and it's back to business as usual. As I have been home the last years due to illness, I will have my bit of peace and quiet which I have learned to appreciate so much. I look forward to that.

Kerry: No wonder you are worrying, that's only human, sweetie. It will be OK, it have to. All my thoughts are with you, sister.
Have a very good week all of you! And thank you for being such wonderful sisters, I wish you all were here with me. You're the best!
Unread 08-20-2007, 03:45 PM

I don't know if I feel better or worse today after seeing the Dr. (I had pre-op) my dr said he has only had 2 other women with the same problmes one had to have the same surgery as me and the other never came back to see him. Go figure!! He said he thinks I had a adheision that has attached my ovary tot he back of my vagina....ouch! He said he is going to check everything over real good and if all goes like he wants I will be out of surgery in an hour and home that night. I guess I will have to wait and see, I teased with my Dr that he will be happy to be done with me and he said no of course...I told him yeah...when he sees me he sees $$$$ signs. lol

I hope everyone has a great week. I am counting down the days!!!
Unread 08-20-2007, 05:06 PM

Kerry: I think it is a wise decision to have it done, I'm sure your life will improve greatly from it, princess. How long till your surgery now, Kerry? I will cross my finger and my toes for you. (maybe even my ovary's as a special treat just for you. ) Take care and let us know how you are doing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register