Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 91 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Hey sisters! Just stoppin in to say HEY and give an update...I have been on the couch for 5 days now and have had NO DESIRE to clean, pick up cook nothing at all! I am so proud of myself for this.. I have major emotional or should I say crying issues today...all I can do is laugh about it. My daughters teacher called this afternoon to let me know that she was not passing Math and I started crying. I know her teacher thought I had lost it. I felt like a fool. Delta said she will explain to her teacher that I am hormonal! My DH and I were watching the Dale Earnhardt movie tonight and there I went again. I am hopeful that this will pass soon.

I still feel like I was hit by a mack truck..all my bandages came off yesterday and I am bruised bad. I wanted to put them back on so I didn;t have to see it.

I hope everyone is doing better. Reading ya'lls posts keep me positive about my 2nd recovery. Hope everyone has a great night. I am waiting patiently for the sleeping pills to kick in. That is the only negative thing about the surgery that I am having trouble with. I sleep maybe 3 hours at night.

nighty night!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 05:04 PM

Hi Kerr....

sending you wishes, encouraging prayers and words. Just keep hanging in there. One day you'll wake up and forget that you ever had surgery. That day may be a long way off....but it'll come.

I had my TAH on 5/21/07 and sometimes forget about the 2 1/2 weeks I was in the hospital. But I wear my scar proud.

Except for not sleeping, swelly belly, crying bouts, achy joints......I'm much better off than I was pre-surgery. It's hard to believe but I am. I'm lucky and I know it. The other issues will eventually go away.

I just started premarin, so we'll see if that will make a difference.

But hang in there. You have a wonderful family and you're very lucky.

Blessings,
Unread 09-08-2007, 11:16 PM

Hi everyone! Thank you all for the words of enouragement... I have been real restless today but I did stay on the couch. I am suffering from major Night Sweats and a few hot flashes each day. I can not wait until the 19th when I see my Dr. hopefully he will tell me I can get back to normal. My DH and kids laughed at me yesterday...my steri strips came off 2 of my tiney incisions and I freaked out becasue I had stitches....I wasn't expecting them. I guess since he used the 3 original incisions he had to stitch me shut. All I know s I had forgotten about the itchy healing process. It's kinda funny that I had forgotten about alot of the healing process only 3 months after surgery.

I hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 08:26 PM

Hi all...it has been a long time since I last checked in.

Kerr, I hope this is finding you continuing to recover and doing well.

It seems like just yesterday that my TAH BSO took place, but it has been 3 1/2 months! Where has the time gone? Today I am back into my exercise programs (free weights, bands, water aerobics, treadmill), and have been making sure I take all my vitamins and natural supplements (since I cannot take estrogen replacement due to breast issues), and following a well-balanced diet. Unfortunately I gained 13 pounds during my post-op time, but will hopefully take it off now that I am back to the exercises. My hot flashes have been minimal, night sweats are gone, insomnia comes and goes, and I only experienced about three melt-downs during this time. One of my biggest complaints is ringing ears which is very annoying. I need to sleep with a fan on in our bedroom just so that I can drown out the constant ringing. Will I ever hear "silence" again?

Perhaps the most troublesome, however, is the extremely painful intercourse I am now experiencing. As of today my DH and I have been unable to complete anything because the pain upon penetration has been awful. K-Y does nothing to help. I have an appointment with my doctor next week, and hopefully he can prescribe/recommend something to help. Our sex life was very good prior to my surgery, and now it is so frustrating. I know this is terrible to say, but I would gladly take my painful periods and related problems back in exchange of a good sex life. Thankfully my DH has been very supportive, but I feel just terrible about it.

Anyway, I hope this finds all my sisters doing well!

Kathy
Unread 09-13-2007, 05:21 AM

Hi sisters!

Kerry: Haven't forgot about you, sweetie.

Hoping everybody are doing well despite some issues.

I have a question for you all: Anyone experienced nipple discharge after the surgery? I'm not sure what to think of it, but one of my breast are producing some sort of discharge. Nothing dramatic though, just some yellowish stuff coming out. I guess it's my hormones going wild or something.
Unread 09-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

JibberJabber: I have been having the same problem with my breast, I swear they have grown in the past 2 weeks. I can hardley fit in my bra right now. I have big ones and they will not stay in the DD bras I have. I am very tender and just started noticing a discharge. I have added it to the LIST FROM HELL for the Dr. My Dr is probally dreading my appointment on the 19th. I have so many questions for him but have no idea on how to address the concerns we have. I know he is a busy man....maybe I can e-mail him ahead of time so he can answer the easy ones before I get there. Like I said I have a mile lomg list for him. The more I read on menopause and hypothyroidism the more confused I get. DH says I need to STOP reading up on everthing ....I just don;t like the whole in the dark process with menopause. I can read for hours and get some answers buyt end up twice as manyh questons. lol

I had done so good for the past 2 weeks...only getting up to go potty, shower and going outside on the front porch for fresh air. I descided since Friday was the 2 week mark I would go to Walmart to buy DH a b-day present and get some food. BIG BIG BIG mistake. By the time I got home
I was SWOLLEN again. I had little swelling this time and thought I had beat the swelly belly.... I was miserable all weekend. I spent most of today locked in my bedroom so I didn;t upset the family.....my mood swings are getting bad again. I just cried most of the day.

I am so disappointed that all this is going on. I have pressure in my groin again and that is scareing me a bit. I don't want anymore problems. I am going to TRY and work a few hours on Tuesday to see I do. My mom wants to go on vacation for her b-day but can not unless I am able to run the company. She is due to leave the 24th.

I keep telling myself that this will get better. I called my dr in re: to my depression meds and maybe increasing them for the mood swings but he feels I need my hormone levels changed. I hate being like this to the family. I think the only one I haven't royally ticked off this weeked was my son.....he tells me everything will be better once your healed. He is a doll. I am sure he doesn;t say nice things behind my back...lol

Has anyone else gotten paranoid since surgery? I have had this weird paranoia thing going on for the last week, DH thinks I am stuck here alone during the day and I am just imagining stuff. It's weird. I am useing all my old copeing skills from a nervouse breakdown I had a few years ago to get through it. I just feel that everyone is out to get me....neighbors, mail man....you name it!!!

I hope everyone is doing great! All ya'lls insperation is really helping me...I am just a few weeks behind again!!!

to all my SISTERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-17-2007, 07:32 AM

You are still one of our sisters and no matter if you think you are behind or not. You are where you are and each one of us is on a slightly different track. But the BIG thing is it doesn't matter where each of us are, we stand with each other. Hang in there Kerry.

Sounds like emailing your doc ahead of time might be a really good idea. Tell him you have loads of questions and ask him which ones he would like to answer now or wait till the apointment. Maybe even list them all for him and let him answer the ones he can. That way it can save some time, you get some of your questions answered now and the appointment goes smoother.

Keep us posted and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Unread 09-17-2007, 07:57 AM

Kerry, keep taking care of yourself and definately send your questions to the doc. I gave my questions to the surgical nurse when I was recovering and she got the answers and got back to me. At least I had some guidance.

I also have hypothyroidism and it can really whack your hormone system out in so many ways. There may not be a simple answer and you may have to try hit or miss on eating and exercise as you get further along with healing. Be patient with your body, it has been through a lot.

I am going in for a physical this Thursday and I am going to have them check my estrogen levels and my thyroid-stimulating-hormone (TSH) levels again so I can get my body back in balance if it has not returned to normal levels. See if they can recheck your hormone levels.

Hang in there and keep posting. We are all here for you!!!
Unread 09-20-2007, 07:47 PM

I got a Clean Bill of Health!!!! I saw my Dr yesterday and he gave me the all clear to return to a normal life. He has to have apologized a thousand times yesterday. He said he learned his lesson with me. lol He kept me on the birth control pills as hormones and said he would feel better if I had my pcp do all the hormone work since I am on so many other meds. He said to have my TSH checked in 3 weeks and then I should go on something else like premin. He told me to take it easy and listen to my body, if I get tired stop and rest...if I hurt STOP all together. He said he had never seen anything like I had before. I don't need to see him for another year. He said he just wanted to check for scar tissue. He did tell me there was no real reason to have any pelvic exams anymore. That suprised me....I had heard that they still need to do them. ???? He did warn me that I could possibly get more adheisions in time and to just look for the signs. I felt much better after seeing him. I am learning some of the triggers for my hot flashes....spicey food, smokeing too much and too much caffine. I know I have a long way to go but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

I am off here...gotta get some sleep, tomorrow is my first day back to work, I am only working a few hours a day at first .
Unread 09-21-2007, 07:36 AM

Congrat Kerry!! I am really happy your on your way finally.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register