Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 92 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 09-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Hey Kerry, Great to hear your health report!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2007, 08:43 PM

Yay Kerry!! I'm so glad to hear you're doing so great!
Unread 09-21-2007, 09:03 PM

Umm... Were just going to bed, and went to the bathroom... Uh, I'm bleeding. Actually I'm bleeding quite a lot... 4 month post.op. and now this? I don't understand it... *sigh*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2007, 09:43 PM

jibber...I know you hate the doc, but I'd get that checked out! Kerry, glad to hear things are going well for you!

I REALLY need to start back into the exercise routine. work keeps me busy and I've been eating too much out and not enough good and it's showing!

I've had some right sided pain which was supposed to have had an ultrasound last week, but I had to reschedule and now can't get in till the week after next! Next week is back to the urogyn to have some more tests to see why i continue to leak and the steroid injection for the pelvic muscle spasms. Despite it all, I'm STILL glad I had the surgery I can't imagine having to deal with it all again! to you all! I miss seeing you all as much! But i know it's a good thing!
Unread 09-25-2007, 05:36 PM

JibberJabber: I am sorry to hear that you are having problems again. Please know you are in my thoughts.

Today was my first full day back to worka nd it was horrid! I feel like I was hit by a truck again.... lol

Is anyone else experiencing lots of pain and weight in their breasts? I feel like mine are going to explode any minute!!!! They wiegh a ton...I asked my Dr about htis last week and he said it would go away it was due to a drop in estrogen......WHAT HELPS WITH IT????????????? I feel like I have 2 10 pounds pack of sugar strapped on my chest. I have tried the extra extra support sports bra's and they make it worse. Any hints on how to cope with this will GREATLY be appreciated.
Unread 09-25-2007, 09:19 PM

Hey, I could use some thoughts and prayers if you are so inclined. I had my first 3-month check post-op following my diagnosis of ovarian cancer. I will find out the results of my blood work tomorrow which will tell me the results and whether I remain cancer-free. I have to be checked eevery 3 months for 2 years and then every 6 months for years to come. Just a bit nervous.

The breast discomfort sounds just nasty. There are days it seems never ending, doesn't it. If it isn't one thing it would be another. But we are doing good overall, ladies. Hang in there!!!
Unread 09-26-2007, 07:10 PM

daffodil53:

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I pray everything comes back normal. Please keep us posted.
Unread 09-26-2007, 07:22 PM

Good luck Daffodil53 - will be thinking and praying for you.
Kerr4274, hope you're doing well.

I am feeling good, however, when i went to the doc for my 3wk postop visit from the laser ablation surgery, I still was not healed internally. There was still a little spot in my internal incision that had granulation tissue on it. I was cauterized again. The doc said that some people just heal differently, some slower than others. I felt great prior to the visit but after the cauterization, i felt uneasy and crampy... it took a few days to get back to normal. I am starting to get back to my normal exercise routine and tomorrow will be my first day back to spinning/cycling. I can't wait! I still have a few pains here an there but nothing compared to before. It's been a long recovery and I am looking for the time where i won't feel a thing - hope that happens.

anyways, wishing EVERYONE well!

Take care!
Unread 09-27-2007, 06:35 AM

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, Ladies! My doc visit went okay yesterday. Said I was healed great internally and incision looked great. Guess it is now officially a scar. Battle scar as it were for most of us, eh? I will find out the results of the blood work tomorrow since I forgot to call (if you can EVEN beleive that!!!) yesterday afternoon so will do so first thing this morning at 815 or so Pacific time. My day yesterday was so very busy at work that it just slipped my mind.

luv: it will get there for you and not feeling a thing. And knowing you are back, better than ever!!

It was just the other day and I felt some gas pains and I panicked and thought, oh no, this again, will it EVER end? But then it dawned on me I had eaten too much fruit and guess what? One WILL have gas pains in those circumstances, and it was not as a result from my surgery. I think that is when it dawned on me, I am back to normal except lifting really heavy items. Although I did close to 40 pounds, lifting a bag of potting soil over my shoulder. But I really should wait another month or so.

I will let everyone know about the blood test results.
Unread 09-27-2007, 06:41 AM

Hi All, I thought I'd check in.

daffodil53, I have sent out prayers for you that all comes back clean. I cannot wait to hear your good news.

And Kerry, I cannot believe you have that going on with your breasts. I hope they can get that figured out. I think it is amazing how much hormones manage everything in your body.

Comment on healing time-
I went to my primary care doc last week and got a check up. I updated him on the hysterectomy and he is going to test my thryoid again and also my sugar to be sure I am still on track.

I told him that I am really bummed about being overwieght but that I am still having trouble when I try to return ti excercise. I started to do a 1.5 mile walk at lunch a couple of weeks ago and after the first four days I ended up so sore that I could not sleep at night. I kept blowing up and ached like hell in my incision.

My doc said he had an operation before and that he could not get back to running for a good 5-6months. He told me to take it slow because the incision is really deep into the body and it takes a long time to really heal all the way. He told me the pounding from the running/walking is a lot of stress on what is healing.

I am just a little relieved in knowing that it is 4 months and I am not supposed to be totally back to normal yet. I am really frustrated and I was starting to feel like a real baby.

luvdabeach, are you going back to the spinning full force again or at a slower pace?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register