Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 96 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 04-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi Everyone.........

WOW............It really has almost been a year! May 21st for me - I still get unexplainable yeast infections on the regular but besides that, everything is okay. Just when I thought that I was ready to throw away my maxi pads, my 11 yr old started 4 months after mine ended. Poor thing is cramping & clotting already. I sure hope she doesn't suffer the way I did!! Take care everyone.......................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh, I finally found some of you again...

I just got back to the site, as I've been going through crazy, crazy life changes since my surgery on the 21st last May. I see names of the ladies that supported me then, and from what I'm reading, you're all doing well...good for you!!!
Surgery is such a blur at this point, but I have my reminders and am wondering if it's time to talk to my doctor about adjusting my hormones. Here's where I'm at:

My legs and feet swell by the end of the day...EVERY day.
I'm achy in the joints and muscles.
My memory is gone...short term that is.
I speak funny, meaning my words come out wrong. EX: Take the out dog for a walk. DH notices mistakes I make all the time. I only catch myself a few times a week.
I'm tired all the time.
My stomach never went back to normal, despite only gaining 4 lbs. since surgery.
The biggie...I have no sex drive whatsoever. I think I've had relations with hubby maybe a handful of times in the last year. I'm thinking that's bad?? Oh, and my test results at the yearly OB/GYN showed I have osteopenia. Would be fine if I could remember to talk the darn calcium every day...hence, the memory problem.

So, I guess I have to talk to the doctor. I've been using the Vivelle Dot 0.05mg/2x a week since 24 hours after surgery. I'm thinking I may benefit from some testosterone, but truthfully, I'm afraid of the side affects. I already have unwanted and hard to see facial hair. (They come in WHITE now) Oh happy days! Not to mention questionable mood swings. Any of you ladies dealing with this? Any advice?

I hope all of you are doing well, and have been this past year. I'll be online looking for answers and keeping you all in mind. It was nice to see some familiar names.

Take care, be safe, stay sane...
Unread 04-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Hi, princesses! Yeah, almost a year... Wow...

Not much to report from me, I'm doing fine.

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 08:45 PM

Hi, it is really nice to get back online with everyone again.

I am feeling so great!! I finally shook off the constant exhaustion and I feel like I have all the energy in the world. I am now realizing life without abdominal pain for prabrably the first time in 12 years.

Two weeks ago I started back at the gym and I am finally shedding the extra weight I put in through this whole experience. I ran a mile on Sunday for the first time since last May.

I am really glad it is over and way behind me. The only remaining thing is a little belly button ache when I do abdominal crunches, but that is it.

Ann
Unread 04-03-2008, 09:22 PM

Hey Girls!
Yes!! It's almost a year May 23rd. I have never felt better in my life! I don't know why I allowed myself to go through that agony for so many years. I feel free and energized. Thank you ladies for helping me through all the rough spots.
Take care
Darlene
Unread 04-03-2008, 09:50 PM

Is anyone still experiencing insomnia? I am still finding it very hard to get a full nights rest and have come to believe that I can survive on 4-5 hours a night. Is it me or are any of you ladies experiencing it to???
Unread 04-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Yeah, We're Still Here!

Hello everyone: have some of all the above issues myself, plus, I think my remaining ovary is ready to give up the ghost (LOL-sound familiar?). Interested in hearing if anyone else continued to gain weight (even if it was months later) from water (edema, painful is thy name!) Best to everyone as our "birthday" nears.
Morgan
Unread 04-04-2008, 05:44 AM

Wow, almost a year. You know, sometimes it feels like it flew by and other times it took forever. Since my TAH I've been through a LAP, colonoscopy, 2 sets of nerve block shots and am now in PT all trying to figure out why I'm not recovering from my hyst. I think I'm finally on the way back to "normal" although sometimes I think I've forgotten what normal is for me. I look forward to passing the one year mark with hopes that I'll finally be on track (with the help of a good Physical Therapist).

I hope all of you had a good year and are doing GREAT!
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:36 AM

Morgan, I kept gaining weight. I hit my lifetime high and now I am really conscisioulsy working out and eating less sweets and carbs to loose weight.

I was really inactive for a long time because of the incision so I am not sure if it was completely because I was laying down too much. I would start to exercise and doing regular life things and hurt myself then I'd have to take time to recover.

I am really active now and I still I have 3 or 4 pair of shoes that cannot get my feet in. It is like my body is still full of fluid.
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

It dawned on me a couple of days ago, as I was planning and plotting my garden, that it had been nearly a year. Last year this time, I could barely walk outside after working all day and wanted so bad to garden the first season at the place we had moved into the fall before.

I am doing well and it was so fun to see postings again. It is almost like another life, a year ago. Lingering effects: Some numbness in the belly skin and in my crotch area. My gyno told me that was due to nerves being cut and they grow very slowly; can take 18 months or maybe never. It doesn't bother me; just something I notice. The other thing is I am supposed to make visits to my gyno/oncologist every 3-4 months for testing. For 2 years (so one more year) and then every 6 months after for the rest of my life. But other than that, I don't think about it alot. I feel very blessed to even BE here with a one time diagnosis of the big C word that long year ago.

A friend of mine went through this about 18 months ago and must wear some special stockings because of swelling in her legs and feet most all the time. Might be worth talking to a doc about for that. Same for insomnia and the lack of sex drive. I know my doc asks me about these things eachand every time I am in.

take care everyone and Happy Birthday Princesses!!

What a delight and help you all were. My hats off to each and everyone of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register