Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 97 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 04-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Thanks for the info Daffodil53, that confirms the water resizing my feet. Too funny. I am glad that is all there is remaining.

Congrats to you on kicking cancer!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 06:59 AM

A year almost! How time has flown~ I remember when we were all on here numerous times a day, then daily, to weekly and then now, WOW. How well we must all be doing! I feel good, I've lost 4 of the 10 pounds I gained. Some fellow hystersisters and I are on a weight loss site. My hormone levels still vary, but not so greatly and in fact they seem pretty stable. Still having some leakage issues, but not enough to worry about. My GYN asked me at my yearly how my periods were, since things went so well, he had forgotten about the surgery! LOL! He said I had obviously come through with flying colors. He did say I have to watch HRT as I am estrogen dominant. I also have a fibrous area on my breast that I have a surgeon observing. Since both he and the GYN feel it's fibrous, I feel comfortable watching....Hope you all are doing as well!
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:10 PM

Wow, it is ahrd to believe it has been almost a year. unfortunately I am STILL having problems. I finally found a new GYN that agrees that there is somthing strange going on with me. I was scheduled for a MRI on the 18th of last month but ended up having surgery for kidney stones on the 17th. I was ready to accept the fact that I would live in pain forever until I saw the new GYN. Sh is suspecting that I may have a herniated smll bowel, collapsing vagial wall or a combination of both! I hve to wait until after the 20th of this month before I can have the MRI, my urologist said I need to make sure we have all the kidney stones gone and under control before I start working on the other issus.

On a positive note.....I finally got a better job, I am working in an office now so it is much easier on me and I recently went back to college to finish my associats degree in Accounting. I love my job and I m really enjoying college, I take on-line classes so I a still home with my family and can work on school on my own schedule.

I am glad to hear everyone is doing good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 08:36 PM

I am not in any pain. I had lost about 10 pounds but I have gained it back. I think my hormones is of off kilter.
Glad most are doing well.
glynette
Unread 05-25-2008, 02:19 AM

One year has past, I think it's weird. Wow.

Best wishes to all on your Hysterversary!
Unread 05-25-2008, 05:12 AM

Wow - our hyster-versary is here!
I have to say all in all I'm thrilled! It took a while but I've been feeling much better for months now. It's such a joy to be able to wear light colored clothes without worrying... Although I still "look" every time I go to the bathroom. Years of habit to break I guess!
I still have my ovaries - and I'm taking Progest50 (bioidentical progesterone) which I had started before the hyst for my migraines. It's been a much better year for me and my migraines! I may get one a month - but never a doozy. Compared to three horrible ones a week - I'm not complaining!!
I hope all you sisters are doing well and feeling better! It's good to be pain free!
Hugs
D.
Unread 05-25-2008, 05:59 AM

This week has been a celebration for me. I can remember last year on this day being in pain and wanting to come home from the castle. I feel so great, no pain, energy and so blessed to be healthy. I wish you all great health as well. I think this is a date we will all remember and what we all had to go through to get here. It is a long road, but i am so happy that i made the decision and feel better than i have in years!!!
Unread 05-25-2008, 07:13 AM

One year ago today for me. I was talking to my husband yesterday as I was doing yard work that I was unable to do one year ago. I am still cancer free and am feeling great. Never thought this day would get here. I am truly blessed.
Unread 05-25-2008, 07:22 AM

Hooray for all of us!!! One year - WOW !!! I have also noticed little things while gardening that I could not do a year ago, and now I don't even think about it.

Still not thrilled with my "new body style", but I do feel much better & in just the last month or so decided to bite the bullet and buy the next size larger in pants - ugh!! Amazed at how much better I've felt since doing that. So, ladies, my advice is to go for comfort, not looks. Hard to give up the vanity, but as I age, I realize what's really important.

Have a great summer!!

Leopard fanatic
TAH/BSO 5/23/07
Unread 05-25-2008, 08:09 PM

One year ago this weekend and I can't believe what a difference. I also spent the weekend gardening and enjoyed every minute of it.

I consider myself a very, very lucky woman to have come through my surgery so well. No complications and my health is great. I finally got back to Weight Watchers after our March break and I've lost 20 lbs. Last year's clothes are too loose - yippee! I have a ways to go yet but I'm feeling too good not to stay on program. I walk 6 days a week with a girlfriend and after the rough recovery last year, I appreciate the very fact that I can walk.

I also appreciate how much Hystersisters and all the princesses helped me through a very difficult time. I know I would not have made it through the same without all of you.

Have a terrific summer and hope you are all well, and if not, that you have the support you need to get you through. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register