Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 98 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 05-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

This has been the best year of my life so far! I am one year since the Hyst May 23 and can't imagine how I managed before. Light pants, clean undies, no cramps, no bloating, no bleeding and no major dibilating fatique!

I have my 25 year high school reunion this summer and I doubt if I'd have gone if I were still having the problems - who want's to sit on a plane for 9 hours while you are having a heavy flow? I know if I hadn't had it done I'd probably be dead but if not I know I'd certainly be sure to be in the thick of a cycle whenever I had made my travel plans - now? Whoo hoo! worry free travel and a tiny waist!

Congrats to all of us on a great recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Congrats to everyone that we made it through this year with one less problem to deal with. I couldn't have done it without you all!! Thanks for being there!
Unread 05-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Happy second hysterversary, sisters! I hope you all are doing well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2009, 05:11 AM

Wow - what a great two years!! Almost every day I still think - thank goodness I don't have to worry about bleeding!
I've embarked on a two day bike ride to conquer cancer which is happening in July - and although I'm not an athlete or even much of a cyclist - I'm out there a few times a week practicing and training on my bicycle. And all the time I keep thinking - there is no way I could be doing this if I hadn't had the operation.
I hope everyone is doing well!
Take care!
Diane
Unread 05-24-2009, 07:21 AM

2 years have gone by so fast! I don't regret my hysterectomy at all! It is the best think I have ever done for myself. I hope everyone here feels the same way.
Unread 05-24-2009, 08:01 AM

Well, it's my two year anniversary, and for the most part all has been going well. I too, gained some weight after surgery and was using HRT up until about three weeks ago. Mentally, I'm better without the hormones, but physically, I don't think I can stand another night of the sweats. I'm absolutely saturated and toss and turn all night. It makes for a rough morning. I guess I have to look into alternatives to help control the hot flashes, but other then that, it is a great anniversary. My quality of life simply improved 150%!
I'm happy to see everyone else is doing so well, and has no real regrets.
Take care ladies!
Unread 05-24-2009, 05:56 PM

I sooooooooooooo do not miss Aunt Flo...and I feel wonderful. Am working on getting rid of those few pounds that have reshifted my body. Am gonna see Dr Gyn for some hormone help here in a few weeks, but for the most part, I feel wonderful. I cannot believe it's been 2 years....since then, I've had one kid out of college and another out of high school. Life is good. Happy Hysterversary Sisters!
Unread 05-24-2009, 08:15 PM

Wow - I hadn't even thought of the hysterversary! 2 yrs tomorrow for me and I have no regrets. Everything is working the way it should and I'm still watching the lifting restrictions - not going through all that again! This time 2 years ago, I was preparing for a very quiet, noneventful summer to heal and this year I'm gardening up a storm! Take care everyone - I still owe you all a great deal of gratitude for helping me get through a very vulnerable period of my life.
Unread 05-25-2009, 07:14 AM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Re: Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Oh it is good to see lives are for the most part normal (whatever that is) I had forgotten all about the hysterversary. Wow is right! I am doing well, with 35 pounds down in the last 6 months. I am participating more in the Relay for Life (American Cancer Society for research fund raiser). Did some last year but did only the survivor lap and was not ready emotionally to do more. But this year, I am not only better physically but I think emotionally too. And oooh yeah, gardening up a storm for me too. . Love how good I am feeling.

Great to see everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register