Taxol for recurrence? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Taxol for recurrence? Taxol for recurrence?

Unread 05-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Taxol for recurrence?

Hi, all. Has anyone had Taxol for recurrence? I had the usual carbo/taxol regimen following surgery two years ago, then gemzar for my first recurrence. Now I'm on my second recurrence, and am starting six months of Taxol later today.

I didn't have peripehral neuropathy the first time around, so this makes Taxol possible. (We tried carboplatin first, but I had a life-threatening allergic reaction). If you had this for recurrence, what were your side effects? What were your results?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Taxol for recurrence?

Dear Warrior woman,
I do not have any experience with taxol, I was on taxotere which is in the same family. I just wanted to wish you well.
Bertha
Unread 05-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Taxol for recurrence?

I am on Carboplatin/Taxol/Arimidicyn (sp) for recurrence of Endo Cancer.

I have had 2 cycles and have my 3rd tomorrow. So far I have had no nausea but extreme fatigue and lost my hair.

Good luck to you. Let us know how you are doing.

Juanita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Taxol for recurrence?

Hi Warrior Woman,

I also had the taxol/carbo but it didn't work for me. I then had caelyx (Doxil in the States)which also dodn't work, then went to weekly Taxol.

Unfortunately that also didn't work but while I was on it I had the hair loss, bit of nausea. I always had a problem with fatigue probably due to all the chemos I've had so close together.

After that I had radiation because while I was on the Taxol I started bleeding. The bleeding stopped for a couple of months but restarted. Now I'm on weekly Gemzar, which for me is sheer hell!

I haven't been able to do two weeks in a row of Gemzar because after my treatment my bloods go so low I can't have treatment the following week. This has been going on for about two months now...my doctor believes in the body recuping on its own but mine never seems to! So finally after last week's treatment he let me have a blood transfusion and 3 Neupogen shots hopefully tomorrow I'll be able toget my treatment. I'm not sure if the Gemzar is working or not....

Good luck to you.
Unread 05-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Taxol for recurrence?

Had my 3rd Chemo today. The nurse told me she had 2 ladies who crashes with their blood work even after takine Neulasa. She said she does not understand why some can take the meds and some cannot. I wonder why this happens.

I must be a tough old broad...taking 3 chemos at once with no side effects excepte the extreme fatigue. Hope it holds out for 3 more treatments.

I have read where there are not so many side effects with Taxol if it is given very, very slowly. Seems this should work for any med. Then again, I know nothing.

Love,
Juanita
Unread 05-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Taxol for recurrence?

WW - I'm so sorry to hear about your recurrence. Unfortunately I don't have any information to offer but I want you to know that I'm thinking of you and sending you prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register