Anybody named their fibroids | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anybody named their fibroids Anybody named their fibroids

Unread 05-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Anybody named their fibroids

Hi, so very glad to have found this web site. I was in allot of pain begging of March so I went to the doctor. My husband and I have been trying for another child so I thought the endometriosis had finally gotten the better of me. In addition, we were having trouble getting pregnant. Exploratory surgery was the April 13. I had endometrioses all over it had attached to my colon and my bladder, cyst on my ovaries and found three fibroids. Two of the fibroids are the size of golf balls the main one is bigger than a softball but smaller than a grapefruit in my uterus. The doctor cleaned up what he could to make me more comfortable and hysterectomy is scheduled for June 14, 2007 with LAVH (we think unless it gets bigger) and taking the one cystic ovary.

My husband and I named the fibroid Leroy... bad bad Leroy Brown (after the song). Trying to find some humor in all of this. I told this to a close friend of mine and was shocked at her reaction. She said I was sick (mental) to name it and act so light about all of it. I always try to look for a positive of any situation (her comments did not bother me). By naming the fibroid, an added bonus is that it also lets the guys I work with not call it the "ugly pink thing".

However, it made me wonder has anyone else named your tumor. I know allot of you are creative and was wondering if anyone else had a sense of humor..... Or am I sick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 05:38 PM

lol lol lol....i named mine too and people looked at me like i was nuts...i named mine morticia....morticia is gone now...she was the size of a cantaloupe along with two tagalongs we didn't know about....lemon size...i thought i was the only one naming tumors...my husband had a brain tumor four years ago and we named it elmo....
Unread 05-21-2007, 05:43 PM

RD -

If your mental, I'm right there with you. I had an US last July after being able to feel a mass right through my belly if I had a full bladder in the morning. The US showed 1 large fibroid kind of sitting across the top of my uterus (I picture a mushroom top flopping oveer the top of an apple) and a golf ball size one along my left side. I referred to the large one as my alien and the smaller one as 'little guy'.

Best wishes with your surgery.

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Yepyep

We call mine Oscar--like the Grouch and Oscar Madison. In August we will throw him out and (announcer voice) request that he...never return(/announcer voice).

As far as I know there's only him.
Unread 05-21-2007, 07:12 PM

At one point I had 7 fibroids-- now I think that may have changed- but I refer to them as "the septs" (as in septuplets) or Grouchy, Dopey, Sneezy, etc. Lately I've actually been trying to come up w/ a name for my uterus itself. I came up with Russ, but that doesn't seem quite right sense it's a male name......hmmm....I"ll have to keep pondering that one.

Gigimay
Unread 05-21-2007, 07:20 PM

I like 'Russ'. You are right it on its face doesn't to make sense but people will think your genius (or mental with the rest of us) when you say it stands for 'R U Still Seven'.

Julie
Unread 05-21-2007, 08:32 PM

Rancherdaughter -

Why would your friend think you are mental? Anything that can help you laugh is a great thing! Laughter helps overcome the anxiety (after all, I've never been able to be scared about anything that could make me laugh)!

I don't know about fibroids or cysts yet, but you can bet I'll be naming them if I have any!

Billie
Unread 05-21-2007, 08:40 PM

Hubby has been calling it "Lefty", says its always "in the way" lol
Unread 06-21-2007, 01:19 AM

Tuesday, (I think) up and shuffling a little bit today. The operation (Thuresday the 13) was suppose to only take an hour, but it took an 1:45 they left one ovary and removed the other baby making parts. Hopefully no hormone treatments for me. Beside the large tumor (Leroy) that had grown to the size of a large grapefruit they found another tumor the size of a tennis ball. My husband and girlfriend named the second tumor Leron. Yep, I had twins the doctor was shocked too.

The first night at the hospital I ripped open some stitches while walking with the nurse. Guess I was excited about being out of bed. But other than that home and getting better day by day. Still in a lot of pain, tire easly and dealing with a side affect of the medication and stress (before the surgery) of being itchy all the time.

I think I am going to go back to bed after this email, tired already. But I made it to kitchen today, yeah for me.

Thanks everyone for saying a prayer and positive thoughts for me cant wait to celebrate- no more tumors/ no more pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register