Vivelle patch or Vivelle Dot??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vivelle patch or Vivelle Dot??? Vivelle patch or Vivelle Dot???

Unread 06-22-2001, 04:47 PM
Vivelle patch or Vivelle Dot???

Hi,
I have maybe a silly question I hope you can help me with. I wasn't sure whether to post here or on post op page though. I have been using the Vivelle Dot for awhile and feeling pretty good, but I am having an occassional hot flash or night sweats, particularly when I am very tired or hit with something very emotional. Because of this we decided I would go from the .075 dosage and try the .1 and see if that helped and how I felt. I picked up my new prescription today and when I opened the package at home I found I had the big patches instead of the dot. I called the pharmacist and he said he would change them and that would not be a problem and that it was up to me. I am feeling a little silly, but I have grown "attached" to the little patches and have not had any trouble with adhesive or them staying on. ( Do get that little ridge in the middle a lot though) The pharmacist did offer that the dot was the newer version so perhaps they made changes, but he was not really familiar with them and the decision to use the bigger patches versus the dot was mine. At any rate, they have to order them in and they won't be there until Monday so I have to use the old dose for one more round. Is there a difference? Has anyone had any better luck with one than another? problems with adhesive?? Any suggestions or advice??? Sorry if this sounds silly, but except for the occassional hot flash thing, I have been feeling really good and would like to stay that way. Thanks for your help.

dobie

ps. I couldn't believe when I logged on that I have not been here since mid May! Wow does time fly!! Have been very busy with end of year school stuff. We don't get out until next week!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2001, 07:07 PM
Vivelle dot

Hiya,

I use Climara. not Vivelle, but I've read that the Vivelle dot has the best adhesion of any of the patches, so if you've liked it, I'd stick with it. The other, larger one probably won't stick as well, and when they don't stick, they don't stick. I've had trouble with Climara, possibly because it goes on for a full week and how could it possibly get through that many showers. So, I've been scouting around for what might be better, and I've been thinking of switching to the Vivelle dot myself.

Have a good weekend, and MOnday isn't so long towait.

KN
Unread 06-22-2001, 07:08 PM

Dobie,
If you like the dot then stick with it...I do not think you are silly at all!!!
One thing you might want to consider. If being on the higher dose does not do the trick for you...a couple things. #1 I would ask for an estradiol blood test at that point, maybe testosterone too. #2 Adding some progesterone to your current dose might work wonders for you...someone else could explain it better than I but progesterone is supposed to balance the estrogen out and have a calming effect.
Best wishes and let us know how you do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2001, 05:11 AM

Becky and Karolyn,

Thank you both for your replies. I will stick with the dot. Seems like the best choice to me too. I was worried that perhaps the bigger patch would not stick as well, but then I thought perhaps I was being a little silly worrying about the "size" of a patch. I have read lots of posts about trouble with the climara patch.

Becky thank you for the added info. I will keep it in mind. I am about 3 1/2 months post op and so far things have gone pretty smoothly, but it is good to have the information if problems arise.

This is such a wonderful site!! Thank you.

dobie
Unread 06-23-2001, 05:17 AM

Hi,

I been using the dot for 6 months now. My dose is at .50 and I'm doing very well on it. The first 2 months both pharmacies in town were out of it and had to order it in that took a few days. I signed up at Walgreens so that I have an automatic refill each month. They will not run out of it for me and the computer calls me that my prescription is ready to be picked up. I set up the date 1 week before I would run out. It works great.

Katie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register