some good news and a favor to ask | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

some good news and a favor to ask some good news and a favor to ask

Unread 06-22-2001, 07:34 PM
some good news and a favor to ask

Hello again to the brave crew of the Cancer wing over here!Last I visited you it was probably under a different name(karen rowland) as DH messed up my e-mail address and most likely I was PRE-OP.
The GOOD NEWS: I'm 10 days post-op on my TAH for CIN3 and CIS on my cervix and posterior vaginal wall. It was a flawless and clean operation. They went until they got negative margins and didn't have to rebuild the vagina!!!YEA!!! I'm a free chick! It'll just be regular paps to monitor the vagina and,while I know there are no guarantees, my doc and I are feeling pretty optimistic!!!
the BAD NEWS and the HELP part of this. I learned of a young 23 year old girl w/ severe cervical dysplasia,etc. that is a relative of a good friend of mine. I hope this is not entirely non-kosher,but if anyone knows of any GYN oncologists in the North Carolina area,I would appreciate being able to pass this on to her. Hopefully, she never gets to that stage,but she's so young (as I know so are many of you).i'm not asking for an official recommendation, as I think that is not allowed here, but even a name to start with would be great.
Thanx and I think of all of you in this section of the web-site all the time. Keep the spirit!You guys are some tough cookies!
Love to each of you!
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2001, 09:59 PM

Karen, that is indeed good news about you. I am so happy for you. Sorry I cant help re the gyno.( too far away from me ) but please tell this young girl that we are here if she ever wants to pop in for some support. I know that without all of the girls here I couldnt have made it through.
Unread 06-22-2001, 10:38 PM

If someone has a name, she should e-mail you or send you a personal message. You're right that we avoid talking about doctors by name--for good or bad. There are a lot of liability issues to having a website that discusses health, so we do what we can to avoid them. We do talk some about doctors with websites that offer information--that's a different matter. I think we avoid liability if they are a public figure.

A way to find a doctor locally is to use

http://my.webmd.com/find_a_phys/doctor

It's obviously not an independent evaluation, but it's a start. And I hope someone does know someone and can e-mail you. But obviously a recommendation from her personal care physician is probably more reliable.

It's very hard to have something serious at that age. And it's hard to watch people you care about go through it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2001, 06:53 AM

So glad to hear that you are doing so well...your spirits sound wonderful!! Sorry that I am of no help with the doctors, but I can pray!! Take care and may each new day bring sunny skies your way!!
Unread 06-24-2001, 06:01 AM
Thanks folks and I was Remiss ...

Robyn,Cyd and the Gang in the Cancer Threads,
Thank you for the note on the doctors. If ANYONE does have adoctor a private email would be greatly appreciated.

And I was remiss in telling all of you in the Cancer Concerns section how I so totally ADMIRE AND RESPECT EACH ONE OF YOU.
I was so excited to spread my own personal happy news that I didn't even express my admiration for each of you.
Your bravery , comraderie and fabulous attitudes and support of each other is a truly beautiful thing and I know that you are each in turn giving one another the courage to go down the individual tough roads you're traveling on ! You are all constantly in my thoughts. You all exemplify the beauty of this woman to woman web site and I know you all will continue to support each other until you all safely reach the end of your paths. God bless each of you.
Karen

p.s.-Robyn, glad to see you back, but sorry to see you' re a bit roughed up. Hugs to s fabulous girl. Hang in there! I'm sending you good vibes. (feel 'em?!) yeah, that little tickle, yea that was a good vibe!OOOOOOHHH!!! Keep on keepin' on!
Karen
Unread 06-24-2001, 09:19 AM

It's the wonderful women, like yourself, that make this site worth more than money could buy. We have all opened up to eachother and share a special bond that most people will never understand. The love and concern for eachother grows naturally and I think that we all benefit from one another each day. Thank you for the lovely post and I am thrilled to hear that you are benefiting from the site.....that is everyone's goal here; to help another woman in need.
Unread 06-25-2001, 07:38 PM

karen i live in north carolina as respect to this site send me a private email and let me know where at in nc. also as the other ladies stated webmd is very helpful for listings of mds.
Unread 06-27-2001, 07:47 PM

Karen You could also check out any teaching hospitals in large cities they often have excellent oncologists who are also professors and are usually up to date on the latest technology. I know mine is at Indiana University Medical Center and he was able to move my ovary out of my pelvic area in case of radiation. I have talked to several dr's since then and none of them have ever heard of doing this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register