Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Unread 06-13-2007, 08:25 PM
sorry about the blues

I find to help the blues,get in the shower, take time to do your hair and make up and treat yourself.That is what has worked for me. all else fails "CHOCOLATE<CHOCOLATE<CHOCOLATE"lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

I agree completely I find that if I do little "pretty me up" things, like paint my nails, do my hair and make-up I feel better and look better (hehehe).
I am doing pretty good today find my energy level increasing and my pain pretty much gone, only sore and achy if I do too much.
I am actually heading out to Bingo with a GF of mine tonight, so I am pretty excited about getting out of the house for a little fun.

Take care my sisters!! We are almost ready to dance the dance of the healed!!

Echo
Unread 06-14-2007, 07:17 AM

Hi, Ladies.

I am two weeks Post-op, also. The check up is on this Friday. Could any one tell me what the doctor would do? How could he/she know if the ovaries are fine after the hysterectomy? Do we need an ultrasound? After two weeks could we drive yet? So far, I am able to sleep on my sides, walk a little faster. I notice that the Swelly Belly is still there, only a little smaller, after taking Ibuprofen at least once or twice a day. After a week of pain med. I stopped, but had to continue after a few days since the tummy started to hurt again and the swelling didn't subside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2007, 08:05 AM

Thanks so much for sharing that. The tears started again this morning for absolutely no reason. I think that coming off the pain meds and lack of sleep has a lot to do with it. Not to mention my husband has been out of town for the last 3 days so it's just been me with the the 1 & 8 year old. I am so glad for my "sisters" everyone is such a great help and silly how someone you don't even know can make your day. Thanks so much everyone.
Kim
Unread 06-14-2007, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess71
Thanks so much for sharing that. The tears started again this morning for absolutely no reason. I think that coming off the pain meds and lack of sleep has a lot to do with it. Not to mention my husband has been out of town for the last 3 days so it's just been me with the the 1 & 8 year old. I am so glad for my "sisters" everyone is such a great help and silly how someone you don't even know can make your day. Thanks so much everyone.
Kim
It is harder with two little ones at home. Mine are all grown and the youngest is 11 going on 12 in a few weeks.
It is hard when our hubby is gone for a few days even when we are not sick - I can imagine your feelings. It is good that you could rely on your relatives and friends. Maybe, your neighbors could help or maybe your son's school parents.
Unread 06-14-2007, 10:59 AM

It's been a little over 2 weeks post op and mentally I feel pretty good. At night I seem to be so tired but have a little trouble falling asleep. I've been getting vaginal pain today which I really never had too much of before. Some stitches have been coming out. I drove yesterday and it seemed like my stomach ached like when I had the endometriosis. I'm hoping that that goes away. Seems when I'm out and about my back starts to hurt and I get "jabs" here and there in my abdominal area. Anybody have similar complaints? I had LAVH with BSO.
Unread 06-14-2007, 11:35 AM

I am 2 weeks post op today too........

I over did it yesterday and had a swelly belly but with tylenol last night she came down this morning. I had a shower yesterday and oh my goodness I think they left a stitch in my belly button.........wahhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm thinking this one is going to hurt. Nurse said the doctor makes them very very tight!

I'm getting my nails done tomorrow looking forward to that.... I agree if you treat yourself you feel better...
The only complain I have is weakness and when I do to much my tummy gets sore.....
Another words I'm coming along.

Hugs Oceanmist
Unread 06-14-2007, 12:41 PM

Hi,

I think I am with you on this as well Jasimy..I am not sure if it the stitches in there or what..but I get vaginal pain like spasms as well. I was having really tough bladder spasms..so, I was hopeful I could get off the percocet..but sheesh I still feel kinda louso:-(

I have read some hopeful posts on here about woman going out over 1 year..and feeling great.

I woke up today and I am not sure if it the heat or what-but it felt like a really bad flush all over me. And, man do I have a headache today!

The constipation is all but gone-MOM is the best for that. I eat Activa with crumbled up sugar free oatmeal cookies and that has also really helped. And, frankly the swelly belly has not been too much of a problem for me. It really has gone down in over a week.

has nyone experienced periodic shooting like spasms? I am wondering if this is where all the stitching is..?

I'm very impatient I guess...I want to do so much more.

Peace
Unread 06-14-2007, 01:46 PM

I just got back from my 2-week checkup, and all is well. I have a UTI, but got the meds already so hopefully that'll take care of it. The Dr cleared me to drive (yippee), and pretty much do anything else but work and have sex. I have to say, I'm feeling great! Maybe I will be able to have some fun during the next 4 weeks off of work!!

BCGal - yes, I get shooting pains, in weird spots, at odd times, all through the day. Mostly it's like a quick jab then it's gone.
Unread 06-14-2007, 03:27 PM

Yep, little jabs of pain here to. They usually aren't too bad, but seem to hit out of the blue. I also had a huge headache last night and woke up with it. Advil helped, but I think some solid sleep would help even more! As far as activity level goes, I did a mini-work yesterday - low weights, just a few reps. It was good just to move my body a little bit. I didn't workout today, but will tomorrow. Working up to a regular life again. I also learned why we aren't supposed to lift too much weight. I lifted a 35 pound bucket of kitty litter from the shelf to the cart and from the cart to the trunk. We use our tummy muscles to lift more than we think - super kegals! Listen to your dr's warnings about lifting. I'm taking it easier this afternoon because I'm just a little more sore than usual.

Physically, I feel like I'm doing pretty well. but emotionally, I feel like I'm getting just a little crazier... I was crying over "Trading Spaces" and "American Inventor." Yikes! Next thing you know, I'll be crying over commercials! "Oh No! They can't hear me now!!!!"

Princess71 - I've decided to require my husband to make-up all the pampering he's not giving me while out of town. I think we deserve the extra attention and it's not fair that we're dealing with hormones and kids while they get to escape to the normalcy of work. I think dining, dancing, flowers, and a couple of girls' night out will be in order. Maybe even a really good "chick flick!" DH can't shirk their duties by leaving us! Have fun and be creative with your paybacks! HA HA!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register