Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Unread 06-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Jasminy,

I've been living life pretty much like normal since my surgery except that I don't lift things or do the grocery shopping. I work at home so I haven't taken off work at all (I did have help the first week). I got home from the hospital on a Saturday and I started driving again by the next Wednesday. I'm not overdoing it and I feel great. Sleeping is the only thing I find a little difficult sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2007, 07:33 AM

Well, here I am. Surgery was the 2nd and I just got out of the hospital. The hysterectomy was quite uneventful compared to the C-diff I contracted following surgery. I didn't eat or drink for twelve days. It is some awful stuff.....but I'm home and feeling better each day. After all the stressing I did about the surgery and the cancer staging everything went beautifully...and the cancer was caught early and it's sooo good to be a live and well....

I do have this amazing erupting belly though...a couple times a day my incision shoots fluid....quite a lot...about a liter or two....the doctor is quite amused...but worries that this won't continue to drain...whatever it is...I'm very swollen also...I had 36 staples removed yesterday and she made another drain hole for Ol' Faithful....my belly seems to have taken on a life form of it's own....LOL...

My only complaints, besides the awful intestinal distress and thrush in my mouth is the pulling of the sagging belly and lack of support....I just couldn't wear that awful elastic binder any longer...any suggestions ladies?
Unread 06-17-2007, 07:53 AM

Good to know. Thanks so much. I just hate having a limited wardrobe. All the more reason to go shop, right!! Hoping to maybe go see my girl friend in Houston. (The Woodlands actually). I feel the need to get out of the house often. I start to get depressed if I sit here and do nothing. Gotta get out and enjoy the beautiful sunshine. Life is good and I will never have a period again!!!!! Amen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2007, 07:58 AM

Hey Newssnoop,, sounds like you've have quite the experience. I have to say the swelly belly band worked wonders for me. And the fact that it stays cold for so long is wonderful. Wow,,what an experience you've had. Glad all is coming around for you. It will get better. Just take it easy. There are better days ahead.
Unread 06-17-2007, 04:56 PM

Jasminy, I'm sorry, it was you that isn't going back to doc until 4 weeks. Today seemed like a turning point for me. I got up, fixed a big father's day dinner, made a cake, went to a movie, (a little long to sit in one place though), I've had no medicine but sure have a swelly belly this evening. I do notice that when I stay home and take it easy, I feel much better. I spent the first week running around and now I'm trying to take it easy but today I have to say I feel the best. TAH June 1st along with bladder sling
Unread 06-17-2007, 07:57 PM

Hello ladies! I wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone for posting. I'm not very computer-smart so I've been shy about posting and have just been reading until I got an e-mail from another hystersister on how to post...thank you! My surgery was May 29th and I was so scared of the general anesthea that I didn't sleep for 5 days or eat for 3 days before. They gave me something in the IV to "help me relax" in pre-op and that's the last thing I remember until I woke up in my room 5 hours later. I had a lap hyster due to a prolapsed uterus and what he thougth was a cyst but ended up being endometriosis. I was up walking the halls by that afternoon and got to go home the next morning. I went back for removal of stitches at day 5 and go back for my post-op visit on July 11 (six weeks). I've been feeling really good lately and have been walking again. I'm just so glad to be here and alive!! Thank you again for all your posts, it's such a relief to know there are others going through the same thing!
Unread 06-17-2007, 08:15 PM

Hi Sisters:
On Friday I Will Be 6 Weeks Post Op. (yes!!!) I Feel Great; No Pain, My Swelly Belly Has Gone Down Some But Not Completly. I Don't Feel As Tired As I Used To Feel Up To 4 Weeks Post Op. I Had My Post Op Check UP 2 Weeks After Surgery And My Doctor Gave Me The Do's And Don'ts In Writing, No More Follow Up Unless I Have Any Questions Or Problems. So Far Everything Is Going Well. I Did Notice That If I Do TOO Much Still, I'll Have A Swelly Belly At Night Or Back Pain. Normal Bowel Movements No Need For Stool Softener Anymore. I Ate An Activia Yogurt Everyday And After The 3 0r 4th Day I Started Going With No Problem. They Really Help But You Have To Be Patient And Eat One Everyday For 2 Weeks. It Works!! Now I Am Getting Ready To Go On Vacation , On The Long Awaited Cruise!!! Hang In There Hyster Sisters Eventhough You Might Not See It Yet... There Is Light At The End Of The Tunnel.
Unread 06-17-2007, 08:42 PM

It's great to see all the positive responses to surgery. Hopefully Newssnoop you'll be feeling better soon. I am feeling better everyday and noticed since I stopped taking the Ibuprofen the discharge seems to contain less blood. It definitely is nice to have so many posts to read......take care.....
Unread 06-18-2007, 06:41 AM
hemorrhage 2 wks post op.

Recovery was great. I felt hardly any pain after surgery. Followed all instructions not to over do! Then at 2 wks post op started bleeding profusely. all over myself and house. When I got to the ER blood was pooling all sround me. My BP was 60/23. Very scary. They were able to find th "pumper" as they called it and used silver nitrate to stop the bleeding. This was very painful as they cauterized packed my vagina then unpacked for the OB to look at once he got there. Then cauterized and packed again. I am home now and have my Dr appt. today. The problem is I feel as if my recovery is starting all over. I feel worst now than after the surgery. I can not even sit up very long without feeling dizzy. Does anyone know how long after such a large blood loss until I have enery again? Anyone else have this happen? Thanks for listening. This is my first post. I have wanted to before but have been too dizzy or tired to even stay at the computer long enough. Any words of wisdom would be great. Friends and family are getting alittle tired of me talking about it.
Unread 06-18-2007, 07:11 AM

Nurcroo,
I am sorry you are having a hard time.
I didn't experience anything like that.
All I can say is when you get over this hump and start feeling better every day will get better.
Please take it easy and rest!!!
Remember you will always have your Sisters here if you need to talk about anything if your family is getting more and more tired of hearing you but they shouldn't be.
Keep us posted
Hugs
Lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register