Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Unread 06-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Nurcroo, I would call the doctor b/c that doesn't sound normal. I had a TAH and they used staples. I then went in one week post-op and they removed the staples and applied steri-strips. They told me I could pull them off in a week and I did. I don't think you should have any open skin at this point. You perhaps could put a bandaid over the area to keep it clean and dry. I wouldn't be too alarmed and I don't think it's soo much to worry about but you should call the doctor and let them know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2007, 01:59 PM

I had a TAH on May 29th-getting ready to have my 4 wk check up and first pelvic exam since the surgery. (Not looking forward to that, although I have had little discharge and no pain there.) My incision healed beautifully and now just have some pelvic pain and soreness in a few places. Didn't need anything but Aleve (doctor's recommendation) after I got home. I still tire easily and have more pain when I'm on my feet for too long-I'd really like another week or two before I go back to work full-time, although I have to admit (and I never thought I would) being home all the time is getting a little old! My kids are grown and dh is at work all day, so it's just me and the cat! (and he sleeps all the time!)
Unread 06-23-2007, 05:59 PM

Hi bellabird....I have a question for you or anyone that has had a sling. I had a TAH and bladder sling done on June 1st. I notice I'm still having urine incontinence in my underwear. I'm starting to get depressed b/c I'm thinking the sling hasn't worked. Do you notice anything different since before your surgery? I go to the doc this week for my 4 week checkup. My hysterectomy seems to be healing fine but I don't know if it takes time for the sling to take hold or should I not have any leaking at this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2007, 08:07 PM

cj8867,
I have not had any leaking issues since having the sling done, but I had a very large fibroid that most likely was contributing to most of my stress incontinence issues. I have had a couple bouts of sneezing and have not had any leakage, but I don't know if your case may be different than mine. You may want to check with your doctor to see if maybe you are still dealing with healing issues. Hope you get some releif soon!
Bellabird11
Unread 06-24-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrame
Sorry to ask this. For anyone that had a TVH, I have the dissolving stitches and the dr said I should start seeing them at anytime. I've yet to see any. Has anyone else seen any stitches coming out?
KTrame, I had a TVH as well as a rectocele and cystocele on May 28th...I have not noticed any stitches yet.
Unread 06-24-2007, 05:51 PM

Had TAH with oophectomy on May 29, home on May 31st. Had some pain post-op, but had the self-administered morphine pump, so was able to manage my own meds. No nausea whatsoever, thankfully! Had a catheter till second day, when that was removed they were measuring my pee for most of the day...no problems there. Did a lot of hall walking in order to be allowed home, once there, I continued walking and drinking water. Have a swollen, bruised belly, but surprisingly little pain. Still moving very carefully when changing positions from sitting to standing, and getting out of bed, but feeling pretty good, all things considered. Have a wonderful supportive hubby who has been a rock through this all.
Unread 06-24-2007, 07:35 PM

I had LAVH and saw some stitches about week 2 post op. I saw them a few days after that too, usually first thing in the a.m. It's probably not a big deal if you didn't see them.
Unread 06-24-2007, 10:04 PM

Had a TAH and bladder sling June 1st. Today seems like a turning point. I'm finding that resting really does help. I feel like I'm getting back to normal and sleeping much better now. My incision is looking surprisingly very good. When I went in to have the staples removed, the doc told me that I was a fast healer. Still can't tell if this sling has worked. A little nervous about that. I think I've been running around too much in the past couple weeks and I now notice if I rest and take it easy, it really does help. Car rides seem to really get to me for some reason. I'm starting to get really bored! Still don't know about pushing a heavy medical cart and being on my feet for 8-12 hours as an RN....will talk to the surgeons this week about work issues. I still have almost 3 weeks longer off so I'm thinking I'll see even a bigger improvement, hopefully.
Unread 06-25-2007, 09:41 AM

Just came back from a 3 day camping trip. I found out that as long as I am taking it easy - just walking around the campsite, sitting on a lounge chair with the legs up, and sleeping on an air mattress - everything is find. Just make sure that during the long car trip, legs could be stretched for a few minutes/every hr. Also, I found it very helping to have my mom around to help me with the recovery. There is nothing better than a mother's loving care. I had a TAH on May 30th. Still noticing some swelling on the abdomen and pelvic area, and some discomfort on that area. Other than that my energy level has improved and my libido, too.
Unread 06-25-2007, 01:07 PM

Wow RoseTulip, A camping trip! I'm impressed. I don't know if I could handle camping yet. I'm going shopping today with my mom....that's about as ambitious as I can be right now...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register