Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Unread 06-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

5 days post-op. Feeling pretty good Yesterday was the last day taking pain meds. I don't think I will need anything today. Went out in the yard this morning and late yesterday afternoon to let the chickens out of their coop. Feels SO good to be outside in the fresh air! Bowels are running good. All seems to be well. Still quite bloated, but hear that is to be expected. And a little sore too. Blessings to ALL my sister re-cooping Kimmy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2007, 09:19 AM

kimmy61
thanks for you reply. it is nice to hear from other women that have gone through this. just took alittle walk outside but now it is going to storm (bummer) oh well at least i have my ds who is 15. he thinks it is funny that he gets to babysit mom now while dh is working. he has not asked for babsitting money yet but i am sure it will come. babysitters start at what 7.00 an hour or so wonder what he will ask for 15.00 or 20.00 that is more than i make at work (lol). he is a good kid. i am teaching him to do laundry today going pretty good so far.
I am glad things are going good for you. Take care!!! It is wonderful to have sisters like all of you.
Unread 06-03-2007, 09:36 AM

Hello Girls, Glad everyone is doing well. I had to come with a cathader for 14 days becuase when they went in to do the TAH my uterus was fused to my bladder and my bladder had a hole in it. all in all it went well. I amjudt getting home and try to figure out hoe to get comfortable with this irritating cathader. Just want to say Hi glad you all are doing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2007, 09:52 AM

scaredandonly30
Glad you are home i can imagine the cathader is a real pain to get used to. but it will all work out. I have a favorite saying i guess it is from a song (a friend finally told me) not none the less I tell alot of my friends this when they are down and out even my mom when she went through a big ordeal with her dr. a looooong story. anyways here it is.
"Now matter how troubled you are there will always be a light at the end of the dark tunnel" I have a close friend and i told her that and for some reason it really helped her put her life in perspective.
people may think that it is stupid but truely believe in that phrase.
Take care hopefully we will talk soon.
Unread 06-03-2007, 11:25 AM

Glad to hear others are doing so well and even getting out some! That's great!
I woke up feeling really funny today-- weaker than normal. Not sure why. I took a shower to try to get myself feeling better.
I think the fresh air would do me good too. We had storms this morning, but maybe now it will be better.

~Kelly
LAVH 5/29/07
Unread 06-03-2007, 11:57 AM

My surgery was Tuesday, 5/29 @8:30 a.m. I had a LAH (removed uterus and cervix) and was reportedly in recovery after approx. 2 hrs. I think I woke briefly around 2:30 p.m. I wasn't thrilled with the whole catheter thing, however, it made things more convenient considering I did alot of sleeping on Tuesday. Wed. a.m, I woke with a vicious migraine - Pay attention caffeine fans- drink the lousy hospital coffee even if you need to take it in an IV! Had the migraine three times while still in the hospital because I just couldn't drink the coffee - didn't really eat much either to be honest. I was supposed to get out on Wed., but was kept due to anemia until Thurs. evening. The gas is horrendous for the first couple of days, even taking Miralax and Gas -X every day. Still no bm since Thursday evening and I am even eating things you would think would help that along (chili dogs last night!). Maybe it's time to get drastic and send out for White Castle (how ironic, huh..lol!!?). Pain isn't too bad at all and I'm moving probably more than I should, but I am an active girl and can't help it. I'm not lifting and/or bending, just moving. And, let me tell you how tired you get very quickly..it's taken me this long to get to my pc since I got home. I was doing mail and banking yesterday and pretty much exhausted myself after an hour and had to wait until today to handle email and post here. Oh, and one more bit of advice...save the comedy movies for well after week one..laughing in the case of a hysterectomy, not so much the best medicine for the belly..he he he. Hope everyone is doing well here and in the waiting room. I'll be back ~
Unread 06-03-2007, 01:21 PM

hi all, home from the castle yesterday, having bm and not feeling too bad, i had a 20lb fibroid in upper stomach, my stomach was pushed up in my chest, and another fibroid 10lbs in my cervix, ouch, i feel so much lighter lol. kept my overies,. the doc took a pic of fibroids and was quite proud to show it off to everyone lol. he promised me a pic. ebby
Unread 06-03-2007, 04:07 PM

I did get a call Friday morning with the results form my pathology report. It came back with an all clear. Glad to hear, no worries.
Unread 06-03-2007, 04:33 PM

Hi,
Ladies I am back from the castle without my 4 month uterus!!!!! I look smaller immediately. My original fibroid grew to a clemitine orange size and had another behind it we did not know about, The cyst on my ovary was drained. no problem. My DH was great. we had alot of humour in the pre-op room. I had my DH write on my stomach.. "Keeping cervix and ovaries thanks " My DR said that was the 2nd message she ever got. THought it was funny. From the pre-op to op room I remember. After that nada, until I woke up in my room room and my DH was there. I love they way that goes soo fast. I had a ctherter.. did not bother me, since I was soo loopy I could not walk anywhere if you paid me in chocolate.
I stayed in the hospital until sat 11am. I was stressed out about not having a BM, but on a liquid diet at the hospital all I could pass at that time was gass.. which I welcomed. With the help of GAS Ex, thanks ladies for the heads up on that. No big deal really.

I am home and making sure to keep up with motrin during day and perc at night. I had similiar pain before surgery so this is an improvement. I do get tired at 2-3pm , like my DR said. So pamper the princess.

Things I loved while in the hosp. My I-pod, my soft house coat with a scent of perfume on it and slippers. and of course GAS-EX. I drank lots of water.

Good luck and don't worry.. it goes sooo fast.
Unread 06-03-2007, 04:38 PM

Hi everybody: I came home on Wednesday things went "OKAY", according to the doctor. I had a bleed they couldn't get under control with cautery so I have 3 internal staples and the lap incisions are not really lap incisions, once he got inside he said the little incisions were not enough so I have three index finger length inscisions. I was doing pretty good on Friday with the pain meds and then I was almost out of them so I started backing them off and ended up in hideous pain last night and this morning called doctor for more pain meds and am begining to get it under control again. Today I am feeling a bit emotional but no crying jag yet, though I see this in my near future..LOL
A little grumpy today, I think just due to pain. Any ideas how long most people are on pain meds after this surgery? Why would my doctor think that 2-3 days of pain meds would be enough?
thanks all have a great Sunday!! It will all be over soon!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register