Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Unread 06-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

I don't think I'm ready for a camping trip yet, but we do plan to make a 5 hr car trip to see our grandbaby this weekend! I just got back from my 4 wk check with the Dr. Things are looking good, but he will not release me for another 2 wks. I had a TAH plus tubes and ovaries on May 29 and had a few complications that kept me in the hospital until June 2nd. I still have a hematoma that he is wanting to make sure reabsorbs. My hemoglobin is up to 14, so my pre-op anemia has been taken care of and outside of tiring easily and still being somewhat sore and swollen, I feel pretty good. I'm really glad now that I have 2 more weeks off work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2007, 02:59 PM

jcmch did you take iron pills after or did you ferritin go up on its own?

Thanks Oceanmist
Unread 06-25-2007, 03:04 PM

I took iron pills up until the surgery, but due to post-surgical complications, I received 4 units of blood in the hospital that brought my hemoglobin up to 11 by the time I was discharged. My pre-op anemia was due to the super-heavy bleeding I was experiencing and also endometriosis, so now that the main cause of the anemia is gone, I hopefully won't need anymore iron pills. I was taking SlowFe before my TAH. Hope all is going well for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2007, 04:05 PM

For two weeks I was at home resting and thanks to Hystersister.com didn't feel at all bored. I know, I didn't think I could make it either, but it was my hubbie's idea to teach our kids some survival skills and how to appreciate and enjoy nature. At the same time, they made the camping trip a family reunion to celebrate my father-in-law's BD, Father's Day, and the 35th wedding anniversary of my oldest brother-in-law. My father-in-law was as happy as can be. All his living children and most of his grandchildren and great grandchildren were there. Ten were fathers at the campground. My oldest brother-in-law's wife surprised them with a polo shirt/casual shirt for each of the fathers and took a picture of all the clan.
Unread 06-26-2007, 01:34 AM

Ok, girls, I'm hoping someone can help me out or maybe I should be posting somewhere else on HysterSIsters. Previously, 5 days post op I got constipation with terrible upper abdominal pain. (right below my rib cage in the center) After using suppositories I finally got the bowels moving (after 1 liquid filled, bloody movement). The bowels have been moving fine, however, for the last week the upper abdominal pain has returned now and again. I just had terrible pain that woke me from sleep. I walked a little bit and the pain went away. My GYN thinks I should have a colonoscopy because of the blood in the bowels. This new pain since surgery is distressing. Doc. says I am healing fine, otherwise, and abdominally I feel O.K. Any help? thanks......
Unread 06-26-2007, 05:31 AM
Three weeks later...

I feel really great! Had my surgery on 6/4/07, had a difficult time with nausea from the morphine, but that passed in a day. I have good energy in the morning, and crawl into bed by 7 at night! Hot flashes are getting bigger, but I can deal with that since it's not a health threat, but rather a bade of courage!

I tend to want to do more than I should and need to stay in tune with my body. I get sore if I do too much, and promptly retire to my reading chair.

No temper tantrums yet! And my husband is an angel!
Unread 06-26-2007, 07:35 AM

Hi Jasimy (Ladies),

It took me about 2 weeks to get the ole intestinal thing working again. All the narcotics-anesthesia just was causing too much havoc. While they pretty much are working again..I am still having periodic problems with cramping, gast etc. However; if you are having blood with your stools I think it would be wise to get the colonoscopy. I was pertirified of getting that test..and it WAS a breeze! (I was havikng anemia problems). The only tough part of the test was the pre-op and that miralax. Oye..I have never gone to the bathroom so much in my life!

Hey all, are you at this point in recovery feeling like you are getting back to normal? I think this stubborn UTI I have had has caused some delay in mine. I just do not feel like doing much. Little hot flashes at night-not a terribly tough thing to deal with. Even my mood has been pretty good-besides the problems with the UTI.

Can ALL of you say that you made the right choice? I'm just curious how FEEL at this point of recovery?

Best wishes to all...it's gonna be a scorcher here in Michigan today!
Unread 06-26-2007, 07:48 AM

I have no doubts about whether the surgery was the right thing to do. My reason for electing it was post-menopausal bleeding. I would have been facing repeated biopsies/ultrasounds every time it recurred and I couldn't see living like that. Plus the constant bleeding and spotting made me feel ugly and tired.

My pathology report showed lots of little cysts, fibroids, endometriosis...it was the right thing to do. For certain!

Today is the first day (3 weeks out) that I feel I need to just be quiet and generate more energy. My doctor told me to expect such days,and I'm rolling with it. I've felt so good I forgot what a big surgery this really is.

I'm so glad I found this website prior to my surgery, and hope I can ease the way for those still facing it...It's great to have sisters!
Unread 06-26-2007, 07:54 AM

I'd be interested to know how the 5-hour car ride goes, JCMCH - We're heading up to northern Wis for the 4th of July on Friday. My daughter and husband will share the driving. Did you get terribly tired?
Unread 06-26-2007, 08:06 AM

Free At Last-

I'll let you know how it goes-we're leaving on Friday also. I've been told to stretch my legs every hour and I plan to recline the seat and prop my feet up, so I hope this works. Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Like you, I know I made the right choice! The pain and bleeding every 2 wks was unbearable-my Dr. said everything was pretty much glued together with endometriosis-even my appendix, so I also got that taken out. I'm 50 and was hoping to tough it out until menopause, but it was taking way too long!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register