Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Unread 06-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Rose Tulip
I glad to hear you are doing well
Sorry to hear about you dh. I sure he went to the dr.
Keep us posted
Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2007, 11:09 AM

I SLEPT 11 AND A HALF HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WENT TO BED AT 11:00 AND GOT UP AT 10:30 >yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. SORRY FOR WAKING ANY ONE UP WITH MY YELLING BUT I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER TODAY.

I was so exhausted yesterday with no sleep. no appetite, I wanted to dry heave all the time........it was aweful!!!!!!!!

OCEANMIST....
Unread 06-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Awesome!!!

Hey Ocean Mist!!!! Isn't it great to have good nights sleep!!! Ya gotta love it. Don't get too confident. My energy levels vary from day to day. Don't over do it or you will be right back down again. Take it easy
Princess71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2007, 01:21 PM

Oceanmist
I am so glad that you slept weeeeeeeeel!!!!!!!!!
Everyday it does get better.
BIG HUGS
Unread 06-28-2007, 01:23 PM

I'm glad you slept Oceanmist!
Unread 06-28-2007, 03:21 PM

Oceanmist..... YEAH on getting a good night's sleep. Please listen to us sisters.... take it easy. Some days sleep comes easy and other days you are so tired but cannot sleep. Sleep when you can.... if that means naps during the day... take full advantage. Your body needs the rest and time to heal.

Yesterday I felt full of energy and emptied the household trash and wheeled the can to the curb. Had to sit down and rest for an hour. Lol..... wonder how long I will have to rest if I can ever vaccum again.
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:23 PM

Hi everyone, Want to get your opinion....I had a TAH with bladder sling June 1st. Yesterday, went to the urologist and he said I could go back to work at 6 weeks. Today, went to OBGYN and he suggested I may want to take off 8 weeks. I'm not sure what to do. I'm feeling pretty good. My urologist wants me to take colace for 2 months so I don't get constipated. On those pills, I still get constipated, then get diarrhea. Not sure about that. When my OBGYN examined me today, he said that stitches inside usually start dissolving by now and mine are still intact and he wanted to remind me I'm not 20 and it will take time to build stamina back up. He said if I really feel like going back at 6 weeks then go but don't hesitate to take 2 more weeks off. All my friends are suggesting I take the 8 off. I am an RN and work on a busy floor in a hospital. I'm also on my feet all day, so I'm a little worried about that. What do you think I should do?
Unread 06-28-2007, 06:37 PM

If you're not already bored out of your skull (and even if you are), I would seriously consider staying off work the full 8 weeks. Is the colace for two months total (meaning you're done at 8 weeks) or for two more months? If your BMs are still screwy and you only have 4 more weeks to go, that's another vote to stay home (IMHO). Of course, whether you can financially afford the additional time is something only you can determine. I'd think it would be a lot harder to stop working again if things went awry than to just not go back too soon. Just my two cents. (And I won't have had a post op until tomorrow, so what do I know?)
Unread 06-28-2007, 08:32 PM
I just found this thread

Hi!

I had my lap hsyt (still have my cervix and ovaries) on June 1st, came home June 2nd and I am now in week 4 of healing. I still have some pain so I am still on my meds but only at nite. I am walking some, driving, and cooking but thanks to reading the info here and some of the posts I am trying to go slow with everything except resting! Thanks for your continuing help even if you don't know me )
Unread 06-28-2007, 08:42 PM

Hey CJ,,remember if you are not up to snuff, you're patients won't get you at your full potential. If you are suffering, they may too. It wouldn't be fair to you or them. Maybe try easing yourself into it. Will they let you come back maybe part time??? If you are not ready don't go. You will only hurt yourself. I too work in the medical field. Probably could've gone back after 4 weeks but I wanted to make sure I am well. I do MRI in a big trauma center so there can be a lot of lifting involved in my job. If I can't take care of me, I can't take care of them. It's all about you right now. Only you know what you can handle. Don't do anything that may be detrimental to the healing progress. Listen to your doc and your body. Take all the time you need. You will feel a lot better knowing you are back to your old self than trying to do what you used to do when you are half of what you used to be. Take Care of yourself.
Hope that helps.
Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register