Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Unread 07-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Hi Sisters,

jcmch, I am sorry that you are having some trouble with the bleeding ect. I hope everything turns out good for you.

Free At Last, Thank you for writing what you did. It is hard for me somedays.

Also I want to Thank All Of My Sisters for helping me through this time of my life starting with before my surgery which I didn't know what to expect to I am scared to death going to have the surgery done and what if I don't wake up after to the why I feel the way I feel after surgery and to being depressed and confused. Also the Big One SEX!!!!
My New Sisters and Friends Here Are Great and Wonderful. I Am Lucky Even Though I Have Not Met Any Of You Face To Face I Feel Very Close To All Of You.
I will always have a special place in my heart for each and everyone of you.

Do we still have one more week on this thread or do we have to start a new one on Tues?
And when the time is up What should we name it anything special?
Talk to you soon
Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 03:44 PM

Hi ladies,
jcmh: I'm so sorry about the spotting....I haven't had any of that. It will be good when you go to the doc. I had some vaginal discharge the first 4-5 weeks but it was pretty clear and I thought my bladder sling didn't work. Before my surgery, I never had clear vaginal discharge. I had lots of blood with clots and there was no mistake what it was! I was wrong and the bladder surgery has worked, thank God. I feel like a new woman. No more pads!!!!

I'm doing fine. Still have severe stomach cramps. The only thing I can think of is the colace that I'm suppose to be on twice a day for one more week. But, today, I've decided I will only take it before bed, just once a day. My urologist said it was important to not become constipated so I understand the rationale but man, such pain.

I'll be going back to work in a week and half, starting to get nervous about that....work as a registered nurse and am on my feet all day, pushing a big medical cart. The first week, I'm working 3 eight hour days in a row....jeez I hope I can handle it.

Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good. I still get tired really easy and thought the stamina would come back much quicker than it is. I went shopping today and out to lunch with a friend. Now, I'm pretty wiped out. It was nice though and I dropped a size! woohoo....but, I can tell my appetite is coming back with avengence!

I have a son who is coming home from the Persian Gulf in late August from the Navy and I cannot wait to see him. It was hard for him to know him mom was having surgery and he was worried. He would send emails but I could tell he was worried about his mom. So, when he comes home, I really want to have my energy back and maybe drop 10 pounds. We're planning a huge party so I'll be busy.

What about a thread titled, "8 plus"....like eight weeks plus....jeez, I don't know.

Well, thanks for all your advice....still waiting on sex to come back....3 weeks from today!!!!! It's killing my hubby and myself.... My hubby actually wanted me to call the doc and ask him if he really meant 10 weeks.... I'm sure I would do that!
Unread 07-20-2007, 08:32 PM

I'm sure hoping that I don't miss the "new thread". Count me in on keeping in touch. I think we should try to make a new thread soon so we all can know where to go before this one is closed. I still have a laparoscopy cut still open. Doctor said a stitch is trying to come out. If it is not closed by next week he needs to look at it. It's hard to "forget" you have had surgery when you have a wound not healed so it is a constant reminder!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2007, 12:56 AM

Well, Were am I? TAH, appendectomy, and Bladder suppension on May 29th. So I will be 8 weeks post op on tues. Where did the 8 weeks go?? I am looking back on it and thinking WOW I made it this far!!! Woo Hoo! I still hurt on the left side near my incision. This is the side that my bowel was stuck to my uterus. So I guess that is why I am hurting still. I went out for a short motorcycle ride tonight with DH and some friends for dinner. This is a huge step. I am sore tonight. I still cannot sleep. I am up until 3-4 am and then I sleep until noon. I can't seem to get my nights and days straight. I need to, since I will be going back to work in one week.
I get panic attacks sometimes where I don't want to be around any one and can't be around anyone, I feel like I am closed in. Not sure what that is all about. Been getting strange Headach right before the big O. We have tried twice both times got headach. This one had lasted 25 hrs. Can't shake it. Maybe I am just too stress and worried about the big O that I am causing this myself. Need to take a step back, but everything seems to be moving very fast. Ya know, the worries about going back to work, bills, sleep, children, DH and the big O start to pile up after a while. I am hoping that it will returned to normal, I am waiting for the big light blub to turn on and I can say, WOW I feel so much better. That has not happen much. I once heard that GOD does not give you things all in a lump, but a little light at a time. Like watching the sun rise. I think that is what is happening now. I pray at night that he will give me a little more light everyday and when he is done, I will feel like the sun in all it glory in the morning.
I want to stop smoking, I thought that I would by now, but I can't seem to get the courage to stop. Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks for reading, this is like group therapy for me even if I can't see you all face to face.

Thumper
Unread 07-21-2007, 01:30 AM

Dear Hystersisters,
Count me in also for the "8 plus" site or whatever we want to call it. Hope everyone is healing in a constant steady way. Will be thinking and praying for all sisters who still have some sort of difficulty or another. About bad habits, try quiting by "just doing it". Write the reasons why if it needs to be. Use distraction techniques or healthy alternatives (things that you like to do). Do some type of relaxation techniques, etc. Count on us, our support group. We are here for each other.
Good night, ladies.
Unread 07-21-2007, 01:54 PM

Hi Girls
I think we maybe should name our new thread 5-28 thru 6-4 so all of or friends will know that it is the week we all had our surgery.
What do you think? Any other ideas? The " 8 plus" is also good too but i think we need the dates somewhere.
Talk to you later
Unread 07-21-2007, 04:08 PM

I think using the dates is a good idea! The way my brain has been working lately (or not working) I need all the help I can get!
Unread 07-21-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj8867
Hi ladies,
jcmh: I'm so sorry about the spotting....I haven't had any of that. It will be good when you go to the doc. I had some vaginal discharge the first 4-5 weeks but it was pretty clear and I thought my bladder sling didn't work. Before my surgery, I never had clear vaginal discharge. I had lots of blood with clots and there was no mistake what it was! I was wrong and the bladder surgery has worked, thank God. I feel like a new woman. No more pads!!!!

I'm doing fine. Still have severe stomach cramps. The only thing I can think of is the colace that I'm suppose to be on twice a day for one more week. But, today, I've decided I will only take it before bed, just once a day. My urologist said it was important to not become constipated so I understand the rationale but man, such pain.

I'll be going back to work in a week and half, starting to get nervous about that....work as a registered nurse and am on my feet all day, pushing a big medical cart. The first week, I'm working 3 eight hour days in a row....jeez I hope I can handle it.

Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good. I still get tired really easy and thought the stamina would come back much quicker than it is. I went shopping today and out to lunch with a friend. Now, I'm pretty wiped out. It was nice though and I dropped a size! woohoo....but, I can tell my appetite is coming back with avengence!

I have a son who is coming home from the Persian Gulf in late August from the Navy and I cannot wait to see him. It was hard for him to know him mom was having surgery and he was worried. He would send emails but I could tell he was worried about his mom. So, when he comes home, I really want to have my energy back and maybe drop 10 pounds. We're planning a huge party so I'll be busy.

What about a thread titled, "8 plus"....like eight weeks plus....jeez, I don't know.

Well, thanks for all your advice....still waiting on sex to come back....3 weeks from today!!!!! It's killing my hubby and myself.... My hubby actually wanted me to call the doc and ask him if he really meant 10 weeks.... I'm sure I would do that!
I am also a nurse, but my job says there is no such thing as light duty at our hospital, so I get to go back working 12-14 hrs shifts on a PCU/Neuro Unit with 30 beds. It is a really hard floor to work on.
Lucky for you, you can go back to working 8's for a while.
Thumper
Unread 07-21-2007, 11:41 PM

Hey sillydays, I think that is a good idea. I think the ones who are able should meet somewhere and have a girls post op spa weekend or something. That would be fun.
Unread 07-22-2007, 05:58 AM

Morning Girls
That does sound nice to meet and have a spa day or just visit and really get to know everyboday but the problem is I can't really afford to leave and fly anywhere. I am trying to pay up bills and I just don't have the extra cash but I all of you would like to come to WI and visit that would be wonderful. I would LOVE ot beable to meet ALL of my New Faceless Friends.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register