Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Unread 07-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

thumper, It will be hard to to work 12's starting back. You'll have to come home and go to bed! I told them I will work 8's for a couple weeks, then I want to go back to 12's....less days.. Nursing is a hard, physical job and I'm getting a little apprehensive for going back. I have one week left off so I'm going to enjoy it and try to rest up. It's odd, the only place i usually get pain is not even near my incision. It's about 2 inches to the right of my belly button. I seem to always be sore in that area. My incison is much lower. I'm not sure why it hurts there still but it's nothing I can't live with. It will take awhile to get back on our feet....I was looking at my uniforms, thinking, wow, it's been awhile since I've worn those...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 02:25 PM

Hi! Ladies,
Has anyone had difficulty keeping their weight down? Currently, my weight fructuates between 134-138 lbs. My goal is to weigh 120 lbs. Let us know if anyone has something that has worked. Enjoy your weekend ladies!!! Hope everyone feels a little better each day!
Sillydays, thanks for the invitation to WI. I heard it has beautiful sceneries. Let us know what are some of the special features over there.
Unread 07-22-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj8867
thumper, It will be hard to to work 12's starting back. You'll have to come home and go to bed! I told them I will work 8's for a couple weeks, then I want to go back to 12's....less days.. Nursing is a hard, physical job and I'm getting a little apprehensive for going back. I have one week left off so I'm going to enjoy it and try to rest up. It's odd, the only place i usually get pain is not even near my incision. It's about 2 inches to the right of my belly button. I seem to always be sore in that area. My incison is much lower. I'm not sure why it hurts there still but it's nothing I can't live with. It will take awhile to get back on our feet....I was looking at my uniforms, thinking, wow, it's been awhile since I've worn those...
I hear you when it comes to being apprehensive about going back to work. My work is not at all interested in working with me on this. Sooooooooo, I hope to be able to do all this again. I am planning on taking a trip with my family the last full week in Aug, since they have not been able to do anything due to my surgery. If my work does not let me take it, I may be finding a new job anyway. I too have one more week left. I need to call on monday and decide when I will be going back.
Take Care
Thumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Its been awhile

Hi everyone! It has been awhile since I posted on this thread but I have been checking in and reading how everyone is doing from time to time. I am so glad to see that everyone has been doing pretty well and are starting to feel better each and every day. Hard to believe it has been almost 8 weeks already. Time flies when you are the .

I start back to work tomorrow and like several of you have mentioned, I am a bit aprehensive about going back. I typically was one to have a hard time letting go and let other persons take care of things for me but for the last 71/2 wks I have done just that I am not too worried about the work itself since this is a slower time of year for me but really more nervous about whether or not I can contain my emotions during my time there. I hate to go back and have a meltdown at work. Lately I have several of these each day - dr said give the Premarin a few weeks to kick in.

I cannot thank all of you enough for being so open about your recovery!!! You have been such an inspiration to me on the days when I have felt like surgery was a mistake that I cannot undo. I have had many days when I just cannot stand to be around anyone other than my DH (sometimes not even him!) and I stop by here, read how other sisters are doing and start to feel reassured that I too will soon start to feel better. What true sisters you all really are!

Best wishes to all sisters on their journey back to everyday life
Unread 07-23-2007, 01:35 AM

Found out about sitting too long in a car makes it more sore around the abdomen. It is like an aching dull pain. Need to stretch along the way, still, to combat that feeling.
Feel for the hystersisters who have to go back to work, specially for those brave nurses who make our lives easier and better. Will pray for strength back to the regular routine. It is fantastic to have an on line support group. Take care!
Unread 07-23-2007, 07:10 AM

Sillydays - I'm in Wisconsin, too! Where do you live? I'm in Burlington, southwest of Milwaukee. Maybe we could at least meet - as I'm not in the position to go anywhere right now either - we have a trip planned for October. Maybe we could host a group visit here!

I love the idea of a spa day too, and please keep me in the next thread! Wouldn't it be fun to meet everyone!
Unread 07-23-2007, 07:48 AM

Hello everyone!
I am back from vacation. We had 2 houseboats with 21 people on Lake Cumberland. The weather was perfect. I did fairly well. The first day I overdid it on the jet ski. I was naseous and in pain the whole first evening. But that didnt stop me. The next day several of us jumped from the top of the houseboat and I jet ski some more, swam laps and everything,.Once again that night I was all too miserable. YUCK. Guess i learned my lesson after that. I pretty much just swam aroun and went on the jet ski when the water was calm. After all that time in the water and casual swimming I really started to feel great. My abdominal sweeling has gone down a lot and I actually zipped my jeans. WOOHOO> I too have some weight to lose. very frustrating. I lose it and it comes right back. I have to work at it a little harder. So sorry for all of you that have to go back to work. Those 12 hr. shifts would be a killer. I work as a nurse at a city school district. I missed the last week of school. I went in to my office before vacation and saw that the nurse covering for me did not do anything. There were even meds left that she did not make sure got taken care of. Everything was a mess!!!!!!! VERY FRUSTRATED. You know what I did? I turned around and left. I thought I am not even supposed to be here yet. She will have to take care of it at the start of the school year. Which means I will end up taking care of the mess but at least not for a few more weeks. The best thing about working at a school is June, July and AUgust. I would love to meet up with everyone. What a support that would be. I am still emotional at times and possibly even a little bi_ _ _ _ at times. My poor DH has dealt with myirritability. It is frustrating too to be told you can go back to doing everthing by the doc but your body just wont let you. I am so tired by the end of the day and not sleeping well. But each day will get better. I was sooo excited this thread was still here. When does it end? Does anyone know how to start a new one and what will it be called? I live in Ohio if anyone is close by let me know!!!
Unread 07-23-2007, 04:13 PM

Where in Ohio? I am in PA but only 1/2 hr from Ohio and venture that way quite often.
Unread 07-23-2007, 05:21 PM

Well, I'm a Buckeye also! I live near Columbus, on the southwest side, Galloway. I had my TAH and bladder sling on June 1st. I'm going back to work next week! Yikes! This is my last week off to rest up. I'm a registered nurse and am on my feet all day, so I'm somewhat nervous. MMM, lots of Ohioans....maybe it's in the water.... We all need hysters... I'm feeling pretty good. However, I still question at times if the sling worked. So, I'm experimenting again today to see if I am....took a Uristat pill that changes my urine orange. I'll do one more check....I'm crazy, I think.... It just feels like I am leaking sometimes. Also, I still get pain once in awhile, usually in the same place, about 2 inches to the right of my belly button, nowhere near my incision. My incision is much lower. I'm sure it just takes time. Take care.
Unread 07-23-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free At Last!
Sillydays - I'm in Wisconsin, too! Where do you live? I'm in Burlington, southwest of Milwaukee. Maybe we could at least meet - as I'm not in the position to go anywhere right now either - we have a trip planned for October. Maybe we could host a group visit here!

I love the idea of a spa day too, and please keep me in the next thread! Wouldn't it be fun to meet everyone!
Free At Last
I live in Neenah about 45 min. from Fon du Lac. May someday we could plan that. What a small world.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register