Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Unread 07-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Thanks jcmh, yea, I requested anything to do with this surgery. There were 2 surgeons that worked on me so mom thinks that is why there are so many pages, each surgeon has their paperwork and orders. They told me I will probably receive them next week. Being a nurse, I'm really curious what it all says. I just talked to work and I had noticed my CPR card has expired,so I go to a class on Monday for that and then I start work again....hitting the hospital floor hard! I'm a little nervous being on my feet all day, but you have to go sometime...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2007, 02:41 PM

Ladies, now that you are more than 8 weeks post op, this progress thread has served its purpose and is no longer needed.

But don't stop here! Keep it going. Pass it on!

HysterSisters thrives because of the woman-to-woman support we offer to each other! Please venture out of your date group to help other women while you continue to receive support through new threads you start for your concerns.

Thank you for making a difference at Hystersisters.com with your "woman to woman" support and kindness.
Unread 07-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Friends May 28 - June 4

To All Of Our Friends
I started this Thread.
Hope all of you will respond here.
Keep in touch. I love talking to all of you and made some New and Wonderful Friends.
Lets Keep It Going
I know now getting back to our so called normal lives and as we become busier I will visit as much as posible each week and more so on weekends,
Talk to you soon
Best Friend
Sillydays
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2007, 05:33 PM

I found you!!!!!!!.......... Lets hope all the other sisters come along shortly....Its a bond that we will always have...and to lose it, would be very sad.

Posting here is still my security blanket.

Hugs to all
Oceanmist
Unread 07-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Yay!! I was so happy to see this! One of the high spots of the day was coming home and reading the posts from everyone-I'm so glad we'll be able to keep in touch!
Unread 07-24-2007, 08:29 PM

I found you all! Yea!!!! Well, I went shopping all day, then out to a goodbye dinner for a fellow coworker....it was the first time I've seen my fellow nurses since my surgery. It was nice. They asked if the surgery was as bad as i thought it was going to be....I was really nervous before surgery....I told them, well, the first couple weeks were pretty bad, then it got better fairly quickly but I'm so glad I had it done. I go back to work next Tuesday and I guess I'm ready. I've enjoyed the last couple weeks off work though. Hope all of you are well! Glad I found you!
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:50 PM

Thanks! Sillydays for writing.

This morning, I went to a gathering with some ladies in my community for breakfast. They are my church support group. Most of them are in their 70s and 80s. And a few of them told me that they had the hysterectomy done or ovaries taken. They seem very healthy and happy - living a normal life. Also, during the hospital stay I made some friends with ladies who had same or similar procedures made. We compared the sides of our incission and TAH or TVH. It seems that the recovery time is pretty much the same with some minor differences with the Post-op care around the incision area. Good to see Oceanmist, jcmch, cj8867 at this site.

Does anyone here live in the West Coast.? I live in CA, (Although I have been to OH and WI, I was just passing to go to Washington D.C. to visit some relatives by car). Preparing to go back to work next week, also. Still can't carry heavy stuff or do too much at a time. Feel the interior stitches and lower back ache if overdoing at one time.

How about Yoga or any other relaxation techniques? Is anyone doing any of that stuff? Anyone here trying to lose or maintain their weight? I still need to lose around 20 lbs. Swelly Belly is slowly reducing its size. Yeah! To the lady (who has the same recovery time as us, ladies) that is water skiing at this time - you have my deepest admiration. Did the doctor find it all right?
Unread 07-25-2007, 12:44 AM

Hello ladies!! I wondered where you all had gone!!
I am feeling great these days, I have been back to work for over a month now, and I doign wonderfully!!
How about everyone else???
Echo
Unread 07-25-2007, 03:41 PM

Good to hear from you EchoBrandy. Just had a conversation with my dad's sister. She is 70+ years old. She told me to avoid carrying anything heavy for at least 6 months and avoid gassy foods. She is afraid that if I don't be careful, later I could get complications like incontinence or bladder prolapse.
Unread 07-25-2007, 04:30 PM

Hi Ladies, I hope you are are feeling well. I went on a cleaning spree today and cleaned my hard wood floors and waxed them. I was thinking....wow, I remember when I didn't think I could do this a couple weeks ago. There are times though, like today, I feel like the bladder sling didn't work. I know it has improved a lot, but there are times when I think I might be leaking urine. My friend told me today to not worry and when I go back to work next week and am on my feet all day, I will know then for sure. I know it's crazy but it's kind of hard to tell at times....Am I crazy?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register