Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Unread 09-09-2007, 06:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Good morning Sisters
Hope all of you are doing well today!
Just checking in to say HI.
Not much new here. Same old thing just a different day.
The new week is going to be nice b/c I am on vacation and I have nothing planned. Might go up to my moms and do alittle shopping with her. Still trying to find pants that fit.
The weather here in Wisconsin is going to be cooler this week about highs in the lower 70's. Maybe some frost up north on Thrus. I guess our summer is almost over here.
I do like the fall with the color changes but after that winter is toooooo loooong.
Take care all and talk to you soon
Big Cyber Hugs
Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 06:37 PM

HI, Lori. I hope you had a great day. Are you starting to feel more "up"? I felt like wearing a t-shirt yesterday that said "It's not hormonal--it's mental." It was stress induced; I am thankful that the hormones haven't done that to me. I really feel for those that have the hormonal sadness.

A friend from my week emailed me to see where the rest of our group went. She may follow me over here to feel like she has a sister home base. I hope that's okay.

Other than my day of crazy yesterday, everything is going okay here. Intimacy is not up to par yet, but maybe it just needs more time. ?

Have a great week!
Unread 09-09-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmch
Hi-sorry I haven't written; I've been reading and keeping up, but haven't sat down long enough to write. It has been a hectic several weeks, my father hadn't been well and we have spent a lot of time in and out of the hospital.

He passed away peacefully this afternoon at the nursing home. He was 91 years old and was beginning to really suffer from dementia, although he was still happy, content, and had his sense of humor. He was just taking a lot of trips on buses, airplanes and ships that he really wasn't taking. My dh went out to see him last night and had a good visit. He had a good dinner and was in good spirits. Evidently he went to sleep this afternoon and never woke up which is a blessing. We are doing well, a little laughter at memories and a lot of tears-my dh was as close to him as he is to his own parents since our families have known each other for many years. The hardest thing has been telling our two kids, but they will be fine. Our daughter is 27 and our son is 24. Physically I have been doing very well, still a little sore and of course today, finding out exactly what my physical and emotional limits are. It will all be ok, though.
Sorry to here about that. My condolences to you and your whole family. will write back got to go and eat dinner with my loving family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarm
HI, Lori. I hope you had a great day. Are you starting to feel more "up"? I felt like wearing a t-shirt yesterday that said "It's not hormonal--it's mental." It was stress induced; I am thankful that the hormones haven't done that to me. I really feel for those that have the hormonal sadness.

A friend from my week emailed me to see where the rest of our group went. She may follow me over here to feel like she has a sister home base. I hope that's okay.

Other than my day of crazy yesterday, everything is going okay here. Intimacy is not up to par yet, but maybe it just needs more time. ?

Have a great week!
kdarm
Thanks for asking yes I am feeling more up. I started Cymbalta anti-depressent and I am 3 days into it so we shall see what type of reactions I get if any. I hope I don't get any reactions from it. That was a horrible feeling I had.

I think that would be fine if your friend would join us I don't think anyone else would mind we are all Sisters aren't we?

I am glad everything is going good for you. But I do feel for you about the intimacy part though. I think you are right maybe just needs more time. Just hang in there.

You have a great week too. I am on vacation and going to enjoy it very much!!!!!!

Take care
Lori
Unread 09-14-2007, 06:50 PM

Well, we got home about 10 last night from my dad's funeral and the days before and after. I walked in to find that two of my dearest friends had cleaned my house while I was out of town! It was wonderful-they even cleaned out my refrigerator-my dh was a little embarrased about that, but I said I was too grateful to be embarrassed. Besides, I have known them both for nearly 30 years and I don't think there's anything about my lack of housekeeping that they didn't already know!

The memorial service was really nice thanks to my dh who made all the arrangements and then led the service. His parents did so much including host a house ful of my family-they are wonderful people and I feel as if I still have a set of parents living. I am very blessed in my in-laws. I reconnected with my brother whom I hadn't heard from in nearly a year before last week when we called to tell him about my dad. We plan to do a better job of keeping in touch. I have had a lot of the soreness and exhaustion come back, but I'm hoping that taking it easy this weekend will help most of that.

Thank you ladies so much for your thoughts and prayers-it means a lot!
Unread 09-23-2007, 07:26 PM

Good evening Sisters

jcmch Glad to hear that everything went well my thought and prayers are still with you
Take care

Well it seems like along time since I have been on.
Alot has happened since 9/10.
Let me start and sorry if I get to long!
I started vac. on 9,10 and did go shopping and for lunch with my parents on that day it was fun and my dad fell a sleep in the chair waiting for us by some clothes. it was funny.
My mom and i were looking for pants for me and she told me that 40.00 for pants was not to much money I told her yes it was and she bought me 3 pairs any ways and a little jacket.
She got tired fast and dizzy too.
The next day 9/11 at around 11:10 am my dad called and said mom fell down 3 steps and hit her head ambulance came and took her to hospital did ct scan & had blood clot on brain sent her by ambulance to another hopital on other side of town for head trauma. She was in a coma. ( crying)
called dh and took ds out of school and went up to green bay. at 3:00ish in afternoon brain surgeon said they had given her 3 or4 bags of thicking blood ( she was on cudimon sp?) then had surgery and put a tube in for drainage. all was well so far and my oldest brother stayed the night and called us all at 11:00pm that night and said we had to come up again needed more surgery blood clot formed. We raced up the 40 min ride. DR did not think she would make it. well she did and still in coma.
She was have seizures and more ct scans then hooked up electroids to her head and found out that more seizures were occuring during the week. Thank goodness I was on vac dh took off the whole week except for his regurlar days off and had ds out of school most of the week too.
The dr. kept telling my dad that there was no hope and if she did come out of the coma she would be a vegetable. My dad and my siblings ( 1 sister and 2 brothers 1brother lives up north and the other one flew in from GA on the 12 of Sept) sat down and my dad said that mom would not like to live like that so he ok the dr to pull the ventulator and 2 min. later she was gone on Sept 16th ( I am crying again).
It was hard to say bye. I miss her very much we were best friends and we LOVED to shop and talk on the phone. My ds really misses her too. He was a Grandmas boy. I feel so bad in side I don't know when I will be over this feeling.
On Sept 19 was the funeral and on Sept 21was out 16th anniv.
What else oh yes that same week mom was in the hospital Sept 13th my almost 10 years old dog passed away in the livingroom what a sad 2 weeks
Now one day in the near future my sister and I have to go up to my dads and go through my moms clothes. my dad has not slept upstairs since the fall. it is to sad and full of memories. i worry about him
ds and i were up to dads this past saturday to visit and he called me tonight to see how we were doing i told him i will call him this week and if he needs anything to let us know
he is so lonely by brother took him for supper tonight and that was really nice of him.
well i told you it would be long
it is getting late better go.
Big Cyber Hugs
Unread 09-23-2007, 08:59 PM

Dear Sillydays-

My heart goes out to you-I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother 10 years ago and it is hard to say goodbye. I'm so glad you got to have some time with her on the 10th. I know it doesn't help a lot now, but it really does get better as time goes on-the hurt lessens and a lot of comfort comes from the good memories. I still miss her and of course, and I think it's just really sinking in now that my dad is gone. It is a great help to believe that they are together now in a much better place.

It will be hard for your dad-my father moved closer to us after my mother died and really did very well for about 8 years, living on his own. My prayers are with you and your family-I know that no words can really ease the sorrow right now, but please know that I'm thinking about you.

Hugs-
jcmch
Unread 09-24-2007, 07:46 AM

Dear Sillydays...
My sympathy to you in the loss of your beloved mother. My mom died 14 years ago at the age of 64 and it will be 28 years on Dec. 24th of this year that my father died age at the age of 51. Just try to remember that the reason it hurts so bad is because there is so much love. Unfortunately, I feel that you can never replace the love of your mother. My mom was my best friend and biggest supporter. This will be such a difficult time for you...Remember now you have an angel in heaven. She is still present in your memories and I'm sure she will be with you, watching over you in spirit. I can't say anything to ease your sorrrow, but please know you are not alone in your pain.....I will say a prayer for you ....take care and God Bless you!
Unread 09-25-2007, 08:33 PM

Dear Sillydays and Jcmch,

My heart goes out to both of you on your recent loss of a beloved parent. I lost my father 3 years ago last week and while it does get easier as time goes by I still have days when I wish he was still here with me. I find comfort in the thought that his suffering has passed and that he will always be watching over me, my guardian angel.
I will keep you both in my prayers.

Zinnialu
Unread 09-26-2007, 12:10 PM

Hi
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts I do hold them all in my heart
talk to all of you later
Love Sillydays

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register