Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Unread 06-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Szarger,

I was told by my doctors that pain on the left shoulder neck and back is normal due to gas. On my 4 day home I has having problems breathing ...shortness of breath and pain in the back where the kidneys are. I called my doctor on my bed with dh there and he said get to the hospial right now!!!

It wasn't a blood clot in the lung as they had thought and they thought I had bladder infection from the catheter. I didn't. But these are the two very important things that have to be checked. It turned out that brusing and blood went down to my diaphram and caused pressure which caused shortness of breath......so I had to go on tyelnol 3 which gave me a rash................Anyways I'm trying to say if your in discomfort, and throwing up is NOT a good sign get back to the hospital!!! You need meds that don't make you sick. Dehydration is just another symptom that is not good. You must take a lot of fluids down.

Hugs Oceanmist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2007, 10:48 AM

It's so nice to check the site to see how everyone is doing. I feel pretty good. Finally got the bowels moving normally (mostly due to Prune juice) which is the key to success. Have some achiness in the abdomen and some times when I urinate but I think that is when I haven't rested in a while and trying to move around too much. I think I try to do "nothing" today and hope that helps. I just found out my GYN doctor is retiring soon so I thank God I decided to go ahead and have this surgery done so he could do it. He is an excellent doctor and I would have been much more scared if he wasn't the one performing my surgery. Hope everyone stays well.......remember to try not to do too much and pamper yourself. It's not very often we get a chance to do that!
Unread 06-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Doing Great!!

Hi Sisters!! I had my LAVH on Monday the 4th of June.
Besides my veins not co-operating for the IV all has gone well.
I am a great big baby about this stuff and do not handle pain very well. I was very afraid to say the least. I was given an IV pump of dilaudid after the surgery and did not use it one time. I did take the toridal every 4 hrs though. I had everything removed exept one ovary. I had a large fibroid inside the uterus and one on my fallopian tube. I have had NO bleeding what so ever.
I am not wearing a pad or even underwear. MY vaginal pack had only a small amount of dried blood when they removed it.
I do have swelly belly and that is not very fun. I have had a couple of spontanious crying outbursts but that is normal because my hormones are trying to adjust. OH and one temper tantrum!! LOL. But that was hubbys fault!!!.
All I will tell you is it involved french fries!!! LOL.

YOU will make it through this and this too shall pass.

Every one is different and not all will sail through.
Alot of women have other problems before their big H and therefore the operation in itself makes things worse.
Above all keep a positive attitude. That is the key. Some of us sisters will have issues with the surgery and some will not skip a beat. I was totaly FREAKED reading only the negative feedback. I tend to look for the worst.
I am doing GREAT and you can too!!!!! Remember the body takes sometime to heal so dont rush things just because you feel good after a few days. You dont want any setbacks.
May GOD bless you.
Love to you all my sisters
Chick from GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2007, 12:22 PM

Fantastic post Chick I'm pretty much the same as you, feeling great... it is so good for us to read the really possitive 'stories' too .... especially ladies who wander over here from the 'other side' .... I think all info is good info and the more you have the better you are prepared, I don't know what I would have done without this site in my pre-op days ..... many thanks all ladies who have gone before us & shared your wealth of knowledge
I've had a couple of moments ..... one was when my mum brought me some chocolate covered raisins (because I couldnt BM) and the other was because I couldn't get my pants up (day 2) but everyone was so understanding
Big 's & many Blessings for your continuing recovery
Lesley xx
Unread 06-09-2007, 12:30 PM

Dear Szargar,
My Op was on May 30, 2007. I found out that if we don't keep moving and massaging our upper and lower extremities and our neck, shoulder, lower back etc. that we are at risk of getting blood clots or heart injuries. That is why, I try to walk a few minutes every hour and when I sleep I try to move my arms and legs, rotate my hands, and give my aching muscules a massage. Use a pillow on the bellie to give the extra support it needs. Try that I hope it works. Try to drink cranberry juice, prune juice (or eat prunes) like I am doing. I think I am healthier internally and mentally (getting more oxygen into the brain), losing unwanted pounds (can only eat small portions, now). Still feel a little sluggish when walking (legs and arms feel heavy at times) and the bellie is still sagging/stitches still on. I am still on Ibuprofen to help control cramping/pain, and inflamation. Other than that, life is extremely much better.
Unread 06-09-2007, 04:57 PM

I think we all are a little sore. This is a big surgery. I have heard of people having weird dreams when they take pain medication. Maybe ask your dr. if there is another pain med that won't make you so sick. It will get better.
Unread 06-09-2007, 07:04 PM

I am only five days out of LAVH and the worst thing for me is sitting and doing nothing, also i am having trouble having a BM, any ideas. I have used stool softner, not really helping. Thanks
Unread 06-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Jenna A,
BM will happen eventually. Gas pains can be rough and it is stressful to know how hard to push before pushing too hard. Here is what has wokred for me..
Water and lots of it. Metamusil, pill form once a day. Fruit, fiber and walking as much as I can .. The key for me in AM was coffee.. Take your time and bring a magazine..
Good luck.
Unread 06-09-2007, 07:27 PM

Hey there my Sisters!!! I have been reading alot about the big B.M. Not wanting to expierience the "expierience" I decided to not do the fiber. prune thing and went straight for the gylcerine suppository. It s quick and helped me get the gas out as well. Dont have to wait for food to work and possibly make more gas while in the digestive system. Plus I used them several times a day with no problems. Might want to consider them.
Love to the Sisters
Chick
Unread 06-09-2007, 08:18 PM
June 1st

I had my surgery on the 1st of June. I had a TVH leaving my ovaries. I woke up that day already on Morphine.. the drip kind.. I was in pain almost like mild labor contraction pain.. the Morphine did nothing but make me feel sick to my stomach and so I was given meds for that as well. It also made me sleep ALOT! That night I had to get up like every hour to us the bathroom. I did not have the normal "urge" to pee, instead it was more like pressure with pain. I did not have a cath b/c I had bleeding problems and had to be able to get up and around. That first night was horrible for me. The second day was much better.. and the third was even better because I was going home. I struggled for the first few days home because I have two children.. one of which was very sick and the other just had spinal cord surgery may 1st and was still healing.. so my mom took the kids. Now about 8 days later, I am still have pain when I need to pass urine.. but not during.. and I am beyond constipated.. I have managed to get some control over it. The only problems I have now are dizzy spells and stabbing sensations where my uterus once was.. oh and I cry easy..

Jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register