Uh, Oh, thinking again... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uh, Oh, thinking again... Uh, Oh, thinking again...

Unread 05-31-2007, 08:52 AM
Uh, Oh, thinking again...

Another article I just came across has a diagram that's got me thinking again. Not a good thing. http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec22/ch249/ch249a.html Has a diagram of several prolapses. For us (LOL counting myself in this category LOL) "experienced" rectocele gals the info. is pretty basic. But the diagram of enterocele got me wondering.
One of the things that has been perplexing me about my rectocele is the lack of any vaginal bulge and not much need to splint, nor problems with constipation, etc... I KEEP having a pulling sensation in lower abd. to groin and when I feel a bulge it's in the area BETWEEN the rectum and vagina. That diagram kind of might explain all this. My Dr. said I probably had the rectocele before my hyster. but prolapsed uterus was keeping it shored up. It fell when uterus wasn't there to support it. I'm wondering stronger now if pulling and bulge are the enterocele and now IT IS shoring up the rectocele most of the time. Hmmmm.....

I've been reading the back posts of a sister who commented on one of Kathiem's back posts about pulling sensation in abd. ending up being enterocele. She kept mentioning a thumping sensation too. As I read through her posts, I suddenly recalled that earlier for me in all this, I too had an odd thumping sensation (like pulse beating in front area, or for those who've been pregnant, like when the baby is kicking.) That's stopped now, but pulling is still definitely there.

I've been debating this morning about calling the local Urogyn and talking to his nurse about whether or not my rectocele warrants being referred to him. Compared to almost all of you, mine is pretty minor (I think). In the back of my mind though, I keep remembering the couple of you who also said your's weren't bulging and seemed minor, but ended up more significant. I'm not going to bother calling and may not wait for my next gyn appointment. I think I'm going to set up another appointment with primary Dr. and ask for referral to urogyn. I think only HE could really determine of there is an enterocele and the level of the rectocele. If it turns out to really be minor, than I can get this off my mind, live with the symptoms and then get on with life at least until rectocele drops enough to warrant more attention.

Thanks for letting me rant on a familiar topic. I'd really like to hear from any of you who didn't have the typical/obvious bulging in vagina to see what you're experiences ended up being.

Keep 'em soft and no LJC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2007, 11:41 AM

LJC, I also bulge significantly between my vagina and rectum. And when I bear down, the difference is incredible. This has been diagnosed several times as "perineal descent". In other words, the hammock of tendons and tissue that held my pelvic floor in place are either stretched or ripped, so there's no structural support. Part of the repairs suggested to me include going in to find these parts and recreate the hammock. I can't remember what the technical term for it is... perine... something. I didn't start bulging through the vagina until a few months ago.

My entrocele wasn't discovered until a combined vaginal/rectal exam. Finding it was not pleasant either. The Dr. kind of tugged on my intestine and I wound up nauseated for 2 days afterwards.

And it's funny you mention the pulling sensation. I've had pulls, twinges and pressure that make me feel 8 months pregnant since before my hyst. I figured I'm going to live with this for the rest of my life and it didn't warrant surgery. What's driven me to consultations and surgery is the inability to have a BM.

I think you're making yourself more upset by reading articles and doing research. If you feel that you'd best be served by being examined by a uro/gyn then call your primary doc and get a referral. That way you can get either piece of mind (your words) if it's nothing, or you can say "Told ya so!" if there is something there. You deserve to take care of yourself.

to you
Unread 05-31-2007, 12:41 PM

Hi Ary,
Probably not "more upset" but certainly less obsessed. I'm not really upset per se but wanting answers and running out of patience in getting them. I think if I could just get back to work and a normal routine, I'd have less time to dwell on it. But work has no hours for me yet, and if I do much more than just sitting around I really feel the rectocele and pulling start back up.

I no sooner start thinking that this is going to the back burner and I can live with what I'm feeling then I have a day or two where it all comes back with force. It seems everytime we have sex that aggravates everthing in there and makes matters worse for 3 or 4 days. As I've reported on another thread, the actual act is pretty fun, but as soon as we stop EVERYTHING starts hurting. Each time the results have gotten worse and lasted longer.

Seeing what's going on with the other sisters doesn't make me worry that's what's going on with me. Actually, it's in an odd way, reassuring because I can tell myself; "ok, mine isn't anything like so & so's." I feel so bad for all you with the severe issues but don't want to ignore mine and have it get to that level.

Thanks for chiming in! LJC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2007, 08:56 AM

LJC,
I have that 'pulsing' feeling almost all the time, the first couple of doctor I saw told me it was bladder spasms, but my uro/gyn said no - it's pelvic floor spasms. It doesn't hurt, but it is a weird feeling, that is what I am waiting to go to PT for - to get rid of that and other things. Hugs. Keep healing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register