dont like to complain....but HELP | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dont like to complain....but HELP dont like to complain....but HELP

Unread 06-23-2001, 07:57 PM
dont like to complain....but HELP

Oh girls I feel sooooooo bad. I feel nauseous and when I urinate I have bladder spasms. I just feel so low. It is like my hyster all over again. And to top it all off I am stressing real bad about HRT, which my oncologist tried to discuss with me just after I came out of theatre. She just said Premarin and there was no arguing. At the moment I feel like I have no strength to fight any more. Zoe or Valentina or anyone else who had radiation .... did you feel like this? I keep remembering being connected to that machine. Gee I hope this passes. Just hug me girls x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2001, 08:09 PM

Awwww....'s Hon!!

Well....I don't know that I will be of much help at all Robyn, but I think some of this may be the de-stressing or "coming down" from all that you have been through now that its over.
Not that you aren't feeling what you are feeling..not trying to say that at all. I hope the radiation girls will be along to give you something more than I can.

As for the HRT, I have only started on Estrogen myself 3 weeks ago, and although I wasn't suffering much from flashes or sweats, they say I need it for my bones. Its a gel form that is quite popular here and seems to have good results.

Other than that Robyn...I have nothing to help you...just as many 's as you need!!!
Try and take it easy, whatever you have to go through now can't be as bad as what you have already gone through hon. I am sure it will all get easier in the coming days.
In my thoughts and prayers always,
M. xoxo
Unread 06-23-2001, 09:57 PM

{{{{{{Robyn}}}}}}

I can't be of any help at all, but here are some hugs:

And here are a couple of angels to help you through:

You're in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2001, 10:15 PM

Well, the pain got worse on urinating in the past few hours so dh rang the radiologist/oncologist and it seems that what has happened is this: when they inserted the catheter it has probably irritated the urethra and because there is some radiation damage done to the bladder and urethra ( called shedding) this passes out in the form of blood and blood clots which is what has been happening to me. I can tell you it is so painful. Anyway at least I now know what it is and can deal with it. I thought I was dying . So.... I hope this is the last time I have to complain, I just want to get onto healing. x x
Unread 06-23-2001, 10:24 PM

Oh, Robyn! How horrible for you!

You can complain all you want and no one will begrudge you for it. You've certainly listened to me enough times about much smaller stuff.

I hope you feel better soon. Double prayers for you!

Unread 06-24-2001, 06:07 AM

Robyn... ,
I wish I was there for you . I experienced a somewhat bloody discharge when I first came out of hospital. It lasted about a day. After about 2-3 days out of hospital, I suddenly began to experience a burning when urinating. Luckily, I still had my urised tablets to get me through. Robyn, I am so sorry you are feeling bad. I will light a candle for you when I go to church today. It does get better Robyn, just hang in there. Sunny days are around the corner. Just make sure to complain as much as you can.......it makes the symptoms leave your body, really I am not kidding. IT IS OVER, ROBYN.....just remember that...IT IS OVER, there is no more torture. These symptoms do not last as long..........you are on the mend!!!!! IT IS TIME TO CELEBRATE........Just like you have told the rest of us radiation sisters....it will be OK.
I just started premarin myself......2 days ago, I don't like it. I am going to call doctor tomorrow, to see what other alternative I have.
Love to you........Keep me posted
Valentina
Unread 06-24-2001, 06:16 AM

Robyn, Hang in there.OOOOWWWW!!!!!

You'll get through it .

Hey,I'm no help on your symptoms, but I'll borrow some of your pain today if you need and bear it for you! How's that? Send it on over here to NYC,baby! I think I can manage it today, as I'm not too bad today so far. Sic it on me ,baby!!
Hugs'n Love
Karen
Unread 06-24-2001, 08:58 AM

{{Robyn}}

I'm not much help in terms of radiation after effects but I sure can give lots and lots of {{hugs}}!

I am glad to hear there is a reason behind what you're feeling but sure wish it would stop and let you heal in peace! Hopefully it goes away quickly. I'll keep you in my prayers.

You know you can vent any time you need! We're all here pulling and praying for you! With that many prayers coming your way these problems won't dare bother you for long!

Hang in there!

Vicki
Unread 06-24-2001, 09:29 AM

You go right ahead and complain! We are all here for you and you can lean on us whenever you want to!! Thank goodness that you now understand what this pain is from. Try to get lots of rest! You are in my prayers!!
Unread 06-24-2001, 09:58 AM

Oh you poor kid!! You can always complain to us.

I'm so sorry that it hurts so and is so scary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register