All Points Bulletin!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

All Points Bulletin!!! All Points Bulletin!!!

Unread 05-31-2007, 09:28 PM
All Points Bulletin!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie6
Someone is having their hyster on my B-day (6th). :-)

Lizzie
I'll try to think happy birthday thoughts for you. Maybe it will keep me from thinking about me too much.

Would you like a slightly used unpredictable, lumpy, 4.5 inch, dressed in red, rolling on a gurney, present delivered?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2007, 09:41 PM
All Points Bulletin!!!

How funny! Insomnia is something else...
Unread 05-31-2007, 10:08 PM
All Points Bulletin!!!

HAHAHAHAH!!! What we do when we're sleep deprived!!!! Love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 12:29 AM
All Points Bulletin!!!

And there I was thinking that I was the only nutter at 4am. I was cooking up meals to freeze and should have been online having a laugh.

Mind you, my 4am and yours are on different days. You were probably baking at the same time and no one thought you were crazy.

There are so many witty lines in this forum topic. You ladies should be proud of how clever you are - even in the wee hours of the morn'.

Very best of wishes to everyone having surgery soon. Please ensure that your wit does not make it on the departing guerney.

Shell XX
Unread 06-01-2007, 12:52 AM
All Points Bulletin!!!

No Shered - you are NOT alone. You can run but u can't hide. so any recipes to share? hehe. i'll be sure to check in at 4 a.m.!!! That's AFTER the bizarre dreams, you know... someone actually calling to answer the "Missing" ad. "No - you got the WRONG number!!!! she says.

cheers
P.S. I do make a mean Pavlova.... "but soooooo not freezable!" --- (Californian for "forget it.. ice cream will do"!!! hehe)
Unread 06-01-2007, 02:50 AM
All Points Bulletin!!!

Hey there Lisa, I notice that you're shooting off for a holiday, (I can't wait to get away from the phone, home duties & constant "do you know where...." questions), in 5 days. So best of luck to you first Hon. Here's an easy to prepare meal, that freezes well and does not need any measurement conversion from Oz to US.

Last night a made a couple of vegie bakes (with bacon for the guys). Grease baking tray (like lasagne type) and layer it with whatever vegetables you like. I grate the bigger vegies like potato, pumpkin, zuccinni, but thinly slicing and layering is fine. Bacon in the top layer. Then whisk (with a fork) some eggs - usually 4-5 (depends on size of tray) and add some cream or milk to get omellete consistency. I add some salt and about 4 tablespoons of Self Raising Flour (doesn't matter is batter is lumpy) then pour the mix over the vegies. If the vegies are grated, the egg mix blends nicely with them. Throw some grated cheese over the top and cover with foil and cook for about 40mins at ....... <goes to find temp conversion guide> 355degF. When cool, freeze. The cheese will brown when reheated.

Because this is so easy and impossible to make a mistake, you can make several of them at once.

So that has the family covered. But I'll settle for pavlova or icecream for my recovery and with all the ab machine exercises I am doing for surgery prep - I'll have earnt it.

I look forward to your next 4am loopy experience - it made my day.

Shell XX
Unread 06-01-2007, 03:18 AM
All Points Bulletin!!!

thanks shell! asked my kids what dish they think they might make, my son (12) piped up with "breakfast dinner", which we have every now and then. the american pancakes, eggs, blah blah. YEAH FOR HIM! your recipe would be a great addition, as i am not so into the bread thing, not much into breakfast period - much to the dismay of DH - who grew up in ireland - where breakfast is highly regarded. Actually - there IS NOTHING like a good "fry-up", as they say. LOOOOVe irish sausage and black pudding. American pancakes and bread and waffles - yuck!.
so i will print out the recipe and try it out! gotta get cooking. was so busy today never made it to the store. imagine that will be my weekend project. if nothing else, want to get the soup done for myself. light, hearty, yummy ... just what the doctor ordered!
Off to bed to get "loopy" haha. actually, it is so late and i am so tired from lack of sleep it might be a good night!
see ya
Unread 06-01-2007, 04:56 AM
All Points Bulletin!!!

Lisa just loved the ad!
Unread 06-01-2007, 07:21 PM
All Points Bulletin!!!

thanks Patch
Unread 06-01-2007, 10:39 PM
All Points Bulletin!!!

HAHAHA That was great!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register