Waxing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Waxing

Sorry abou this if it is TMI!
Since my hyst, a few things about me have changed. For one thing, I keep myself shaved completely "down there". DH loves it and we have a great relationship

This is my question: How many of you have changed things in this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Waxing

I have shaved for a few years. Since surgery my skin seems alot bumpier and irritated. I'm letting it grow out for awhile. I don't know how long it will last though.
Unread 06-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Waxing

I have shaved completely down there for years and wouldn't have it any other way!! You go girl!! My fiance loves it too!! I don't think anything is considered as TMI around here...lol..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Waxing

I too have shaved down their for years. Would'nt have it any other way...LOL
Unread 06-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Ooohhhh...

All I can think is OUCH!! Itch!! Ouch!!
Unread 06-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Waxing

Yep, my husband would agree there's nothing like the clean look. But it feels too weird/sensitive to shave around the incision now so things are as tidy as I can get them. That prickly growing out stage is really bad!
Unread 06-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Waxing

I used to get a complete brazilian bikini wax - $20 - not too bad - now that its become so popular they want $40 for the same wax so I now shave - doesn't last as long but saves lots of money. If you get irritated try using a cream called bikini zone - helps with the irritation.
Unread 06-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Waxing

I'm with Ellen! Ouch, irritation, ooch!!! Tried it off and on a few times. Loved, the feel; DH too, but HATED the irritation. Didn't matter what I tried, I got ingrown hairs and lots of irritation. (Couldn't bring myself to go get waxed --Big OUCH! NO THANKS!) I even tried just keeping it trimmed shorter but not shaved. I STILL got irritated. If I could afford it and get up the nerve, I'd get that laser (alazed) treatment. Anyone do that?

I was amazed to find my Dr. had not shaved me for my hyster. I was actually dreading the shave more than the operation itself!

Good healing all! LJC

PS: you should see what we post about over on the Pelvic Floor and Bladder forum. Talk about NOTHING being !!!!
Unread 06-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Waxing

I have had excess bikini lasered. I don't spend much $ on myself, but it is the best investment I have ever made....My tech said I was gifted in that area, NO MORE!!!!!
Still say ouch to brazilian though!
Unread 06-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Waxing

I was nice to be completely shaved for my surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register