Waxing - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Waxing

My husband doesn't go for the bald look. He likes the nice landing strip I have though. I do too, I think it is feminine and neater looking than a full bush.

I didn't get shaved much for my hysterectomy either. Only the top of my mound got shaved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Waxing

I like to trim down there every couple of weeks. I don't like the long and hairy look.
Unread 06-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Waxing

I get the brazilian wax and I love it. I'm not going to do it for awhile, though. I went to get my eyebrows waxed today and I told the girl that I'll make an appointment with her AFTER my 4 week check up and the Doctor assures me things are healing fine. Then I'm going to get a bikini wax and trim - no brazilian for awhile. Won't my other half be disappointed. I'm thinking about getting a "heart" shape to keep him occupied until my "area" feels better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Waxing

So honestly muffy, how badly does the wax feel? I would try and get up the nerve....but oooh. And I'm not sure I would want my regular esthetician to do that one, I'd probably go to another place...don't think I could face her after one of those!
Unread 06-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Waxing

I'm curious to know how a wax feels in that area, too! I've seen a teacher at school have a leg waxed for a fundraising event and boy he sweated it! I don't think I want to try that! I did two strips on DH's leg last week, and he wasn't thrilled. We thought we would check this out. Personally, I'll take a nice close shave over a wax, just cuz I'm a big scaredy-cat and DH does a nice job. LOL
Unread 06-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Waxing

I'm not muffy, but my first brazilian stung for a few hours and then I was fine. Every wax after that hurt a tiny bit but nothing terribly painful (otherwise why do it). The place I go to sells a lotion you can use that will not do any harm to the labia or other delicate tissues that will help with the sting. I really think it is an individual thing. I have a friend who went once and couldn't walk for a day and a half she hurt so bad. Also - check how they have you prepare - my place has you trim your hair down to less then 1/4" before you go so that it is short and therefore easier to yank out and some use powders and/or numbing creams before doing the wax. Mine doesn't but I do know of some that do and it can be upwards of $85 for the full bikini wax. You can almost get lazered for that!!!
Unread 06-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Waxing

Ok, do I get it? Brazilian = ALL, right? Bald? Naked? Nothing??
OUCH!!
Unread 06-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Waxing

I thiink so, Ellen. bald, naked. I felt cleaner there too after my hyst, and this is the icing on the cake, so to speak lol
Unread 06-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Waxing

Ok, never even looked into the cost, just assumed astronomic. Ellen, just what is the price range for laser bakini? I'd never get the guts up for brazilian but maybe bakini. I'm too modest to ask for the whole thing. yeah, , after all we've been through here. But that's with DOCTORS, they're a different creature, not normal people. LJC
Unread 06-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Waxing

I think it was 150 or 175- that included 3 initial appointments ( have to hit the hair cycles). I only have to get a ($50) touch up every few years. It is WONDERFUL........ In the long run cheaper than waxing I think.... No bumps either...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register