Waxing - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Waxing

Ellen, if you go make sure the place is clean clean clean - no double dipping with the wood spatula especially if they wax around your genital areas. I know that there are places opening up around here that are wax factories (that's all they do) They are like Great Clips for waxing. I don't think I would get a brazilian there. Here is how my salon defines there bikini waxing - a regular bikini is just what stick out of your bathing suit and costs $28.00 - it is supposed to last between 3-4 weeks. a brazilian leaves 2 finger width landing strip up front then all the hair is removed all the way back to the back part of you buttocks. That is like $65.00 A Completely bare brazilian is leaves no strip in the front and all the hair is completely removed from the pubic mound, genital area and buttocks that is about $80.00 a Hollywood is in the middle between a Sexy and a brazilian with just a small 1/2" line of hair left in the fron and goes between the legs and back to the buttocks. A sexy is similar to a Hollywood but you buttocks are not waxed. Any time they work around you genitals you need to make sure they wear gloves and don't double dip the wood stick in the wax because if they double dip your stick - they are double dipping everyone elses stick - don't forget some men get bikini waxes too and its a great way to transmit crabs and other gross creatures. Make sure it is clean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Brazilian Bikini Wax

Where I live - near Charlotte, a brazilian wax is $65.00. A regular bikini wax is $40.00. Laser is $150.00 per session and they usually want you to have a series. The wax hurts while you're doing it, I'm not going to lie. It does last for me for about 4-5 weeks. I love it. I normally shave almost every day. That ***** plus I'm not always sure that I'm getting every thing. I am in the process of doing laser on my upper lip. I do it every 6 weeks for 8 times. It's working for me but it HURTS too. Of course, by the time you're leaving, it doesn't hurt anymore.....just like the waxing. Both provide good results but the laser eventually is permanent.
Unread 06-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Waxing

Thanks for the info. gals. That's what HS is for!!! I always thought it was MUCH more expensive than that. Like around $1000 for basic bakini. My sister had it done about 6 years ago, and she said it was VERY expensive. Course cost has probably come down now that it's more common. Hmmmm..... might have to think about it. NO WAX ever though. Brazailain in those nether regions with hot wax. NOPE NOT ME!
Love this thread! LJC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Waxing

LJC -
I didn't have the laser done but my friend did and she said it felt like someone was snapping a rubber band on her skin so it is not entirely painless. This was a couple of years ago. Not sure if it is possible, but I think there is a numbing gel that they can put on your skin now but don't know if you can use that around the genital area - maybe another sister can answer that one.
Unread 06-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Brazilian bikini - I want to know

sometimes, for a large area, they will give you lidocaine cream to put on before a session. There are some dangers with this; as with any medicine. Make sure you have it done at a qualified location.
Unread 06-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Waxing

Yes my bikini area laser felt like a rubber band snap, but short lived snap.
I had my lip done too, but it never stayed gone. I was told it was because that hair is hormone affected. The bikini has stayed gone except like I said a touch up every few years ($50.00). I hate that it is so much more expensive in other places. Mine is done at an eye dr's office!! Like I said it is worth it. As a matter of fact I had a touch up done four days before my hyst. because I thought it might be a while before I felt like going again. Plus it was bad enough that I knew I was going to be showing a wide variety of strangers my white butt, I didn't want it to be my hairy white butt!!!

Thanks girls for all of the info~it was one of those burning questions...

Princess violet bet you never thought you would open the flood gates with this post!!!!
Unread 06-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Waxing

Ellen - I am with the visual of having a bikini lazer at an eye doctor office while he is doing an eye lazer in the next room. Not the same think - I know - just struck me as funny. What the heck a lazer is a lazer.
Unread 06-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Waxing

You should hear the stories the tech shares with me! I ask of course, she is very professional. She has had some odd situations! She never uses names of course, but she has some funny ones! She has done all sorts of shapes (like someone mentioned a heart) in the nether regions, a guy who was working towards being a woman was going to get EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE done, but to her relief he never came back..... etc etc... some guys go brazillian to look bigger too!!!
Unread 06-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Waxing

My hairdresser told me her son has his back waxed because he's got so much hair back there. If an 18yr. old can do it, then so can we! It's just another area, no big deal (If it sounds like I'm trying to talk myself into this, it's because I am lol) DH and I've been talking about me having a Brazilian, and after reading all these posts, I may just "go for it"! So many choices, tho...Brazilian, bikini, landing strip...whoa!

Ellen, I never thought I would open the floodgates with this post!
LuvAggs85, I think I'm beyond being modest
Unread 06-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Waxing

That image deserves a double . Eyes in one room and butts in the other! Bet the butt one doesn't have big plate glass windows for the reception area to watch through!!!! Where my DH had his EYEs laserd, the surgery room was wide open to the reception area. Even if same lazer technology, I think I'd feel more comfortable going to somewhere that specialized in hair removal.

You never know what's going to come up in these threads and who will respond. LOL

Good healing all (from hysters and lazers!) LJC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register