Help I really think I am losing it today - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help I really think I am losing it today Help I really think I am losing it today

Unread 07-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Help I really think I am losing it today

Debi,
I'm so sorry your ex is being so pig headed. Men are really from Mars. I've been with mine 20 years and didn't think he was from Mars and then he started doing some of the things your ex is doing now. It's taken us 3 weeks of lots of I statements, but basically I told him when he yells and acts crazy (something he never did before) I don't enjoy his company. After several times of me saying it finally connected. Debi you may want to try first telling him how much it means to you that he is going to be there for you and that he is taking time off from work to help you through this. In his own way, it does mean a lot to him and I'm sure it does to you too, it's just the attitude that needs to be adjusted. Tell him you've spoken with other hystersisters and you found out that this is going to be very trying emotionally and physically for awhile and that a gentle voice and attitude on his part will help you get through this the best even if he sometimes has to fake it. Have him read some things on hysterectomy if he will and so he gets a better idea of what we go through. I'm praying for you and that things will go smoothly and your ex will turn out to be a rock for you. Fingers and toes crossed too.
Lots of hugs to you,
Tara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2007, 04:34 PM

Lost Goddess,

So, it sounds like when you take care of yourself there is a price to pay. I am happy you took care of yourself and got some rest. This sounds like a hard thing you are going through. Look for books and info about emotional blackmail. That has helped me. Also, I have a lot of narcisits in my life and have learned to deal with them with the help of some good books, too.

He sounds like he has a lot of transfered anger that is from unresolved issues from his past....doesn't really have anything to do with you so you stopping the arguing is a great way to deal with this situation. Don't engage in an abusive conversation. And I like the "I" statement suggestion, very healthy...

You are really having a healing crisis and need support. You will be a strong and wonderful person once you stop all this bleeding...it is so draining. Good job getting seperate from his stuff.

On another subject...me, me, me....I am really happy I have my right ovary and won't have it taken out unless it gets a cyst. I think we can get a handle on my hormones. I have stopped the premerain and have to wait a week to get my blood checked. So far I am not having any hot flashes. Just still really tired. So, it will be a week before I know anything. I am also have my ebstein bar levels checked. I had mono in high school and this can get triggered with stress. So, I may be having a flair up with that. My blood count is back to normal after 5 weeks, I took blood building Chinese herbs and Solgar's gentle iron and buffered vit C with bioflavinoids for that time and got my blood build up in half the time it takes. SO, with that I am looking forward working with my new doc who listened to me!!

Laura

Laura
Unread 07-06-2007, 07:07 AM

Imarkis - definitely good news on keeping the ovary! Will keep fingers crossed for you. Sorry you're still experiencing the fatigue, that seems to make everthing else harder to deal with. Hopefully good news is on the way - waiting is always the worst! Glad to hear the herbs worked for you - I'm a big believer in them myself.

Thanks for the kind words/suport ladies...it's much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2007, 07:36 AM

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I was sick last week and I am finally back at work. I have no voice, but my boss has a temp answering the phones. I also had a little scare. I went food shopping and I was bringing my packages in the house. When I came in and went to the bathroom, I was spotting. I was a nervous wreck, but it didn't come back. I hate calling the doctor for every thing, but if it continued, I would have called.

Check in and let me know how you are all doing.

Charlotte
Unread 07-09-2007, 08:10 AM

Char - sorry about your scare...you gotta take it easy girl!!!

Started a fairly horrible period the end of last week, still spotting today but need to get back to work. Will definitely be taking it slow - it's supposed to be 96 here today.

I think I'm finally "adjusting" to the depot luprin shot, getting off my herbal meds and having (hopefully) my last period before the surgery. Feeling a bit better this am...so I zoomed around trying to "catch up", big mistake, so I'm movin' a little more slowly now.

Take care of yourself - you'll only wind up paying for it in the end.

Debi
Unread 07-09-2007, 01:08 PM

Debi,

When is your surgery? I am 4 months post op.
Unread 07-09-2007, 08:53 PM

HELLO EVERYONE How are you all doing. I hope okay. mybabechar I was wondering where you have been. Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. You best take it easy. I went to the DR. and she wants me to see a therapist because she believes that I am depressed. So I have to make an appointment to go and see one. She raised my nerve medicine and said to treat depression and anxiety together is difficult so that is why she wants me to go there. So I will and we will see. Well I have to go right now I am kinda feeling a little weird tonight and I don't like it so I will talk to you later.
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:03 PM

char - my surgery is July 30 (coming up soon). Hopefully you're feeling better. I can understand how you're frustrated (especially four months post op). I don't idle well either, so I'm not looking forward to having to take it easy.

whoami- sweetie, with all the stuff you have going on, it's no wonder you're having a hard time of it. know that i (along with all of your other hystersisters) are here for you. Let me know any time you need to talk. My email is on the members list...if you want a private chat. I think it's great that you're going to the doctor and staying on top of it. Sorry that the meds are making you feel wierd - I'm sure that once the combo is right, you'll feel much better.

Hang in there.
Debi
Unread 07-10-2007, 07:57 AM

HI Debi,

The surgery itself is not at all bad. Just take this time to prepare yourself to do nothing and I mean nothing. I hate being idol, but you have to give into it. I know I have been doing too much, but it's hard sometimes with no one to help out, but everyday gets better.
You'll be fine, I promise. I was so scared and when it was over, I asked myself what was the point in all that worrying.
I'm here for you. Stay positive.

Charlotte
Unread 07-10-2007, 01:31 PM

Charlotte - thanks for your encouraging words. At this point I'm not concerned about the surgery (although I'm sure that will kick in at some point). I'm more worried about getting everything done prior to. My ex (who is still my roommate for now) is being less than supportive, so I expend a bit of energy trying not to let his antics get to me.

This too shall pass.
Debi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register