Help I really think I am losing it today - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help I really think I am losing it today Help I really think I am losing it today

Unread 08-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Help I really think I am losing it today

Hi everyone. I had my sah a little over six months ago and while I come to this site often have never visited this thread. I hope no one minds me dropping in.

LostGoddess - I did not read all your posts but I would have been really annoyed with the dr too for ignoring what I am saying. In fact I don't know if it is my lower back pain or just the weather bec we are expecting thunderstorms but my incision is killing me today. I hope you are doing better. Hope to talk to you soon.

I am feeling frustrated today just bec I have a lot of trouble with my lower back and leg pain so even though I had the hyster I am still not back to myself. I was truly hoping it was the fibroids pressing on a nerve and that once I had the hyster the pain would be gone. Well, that was not the case. Mind you that is not why I had the hyster since I had multiple large fibroids and very heavy bleeding and was very anemic. So I am glad no more periods. It does take time to heal and my dr said our insides our not really totally healed for about a year bec of all the internal stitches. I hope no one minds me dropping in.

Who Am I - I see you are from PA, I live in the Poconos I hope you don't mind me asking where do you live in PA.

I hope everyone has a nice day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 11:59 PM

poconowoman
No we do not mind you dropping in, I live in Lake Lynn Pa. And my dr. said the same thing that it takes about a year for total recovery. I am sorry your back hurts because I know how that is. I have pain in my lower back and it has been there for years. I hope you start feeling better. Have a good day.
Unread 08-17-2007, 12:10 AM

Oh ladies my heart is breaking for the miners and their families. I am sure by now you heard about the accident involving the rescuers. This just makes me sick. My husband used to work at a mine. I was sooooooo thankful when the owner closed that mine down. This is so upsetting and my husband called me around midnight and told me he heard they found the six miners and when I turned on the news I saw that wasn't the case and I had to tell him what had happened. My husband is a coal miner. Thank God his mine seems to utilize all available safety requirements and they even have tracking devices on their helmets in case something does happen they would be able to locate them right away. But that does not stop the worrying. Please remember all the trapped miners and the rescue workers in your prayers. These familes and miners are going through so much. Please God help them and give them strength to deal with whatever happens. Hey ladies its two in the morning and I cannot sleep this is so bad and it does make a person sick at their stomach. Have a good day and I will talk to you tomorrow. I just needed to tell someone how I am feeling right now and ask for prayers for all of these people. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 07:15 AM

Hi girls,

So sorry I haven't been in touch, but I am so busy. IT's good in a way, because I have no time to think. I had to miss my doctor's appt. but I will see him on the 4th.
Debi, just remember it takes time to heal and the pain will come and go. I do hope you are doing better today. The new person at my job told me to take castor oil and rub it on my tummy and cover it with a warm wet towel for a hal hour. This will prevent scar tissue from forming and help with the pain. I'll try it this weekend.
Kim,
The experience in school will make you strong and you can do it. I did.

I hope you are well and please both of you let me know how things are going. I'll check in a little more as I settle in to my job.

Take care

Char
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:22 AM

Hi poconowoman,

I am Charlotte. I had my surgery six months ago and yes, I know when it's going to rain. HOw are you feeling? I feel fine some days, and other's I can do without. I am going to the Pocono's the weekend of Labor Day. I love the outlets. I live in Staten Island, NY, and look forward to getting away.

We're all glad you joined in. We all became good friends.

Talk to you soon,

Charlotte

WELCOME!
Unread 08-17-2007, 09:44 AM

Hi Charlotte, I have lived in the Poconos for 17 years but I grew up in Queens, New York. I am sure you will have a great time up here Labor Day Weekend. Just be prepared for a lot of traffic especially on route 611 which is the road in front of the Crossings. If you need to know any back roads to get anywhere let me know. I will be happy to give you directions. You had your surgery a month after mine (Feb. 7th) and maybe bec they keep saying it is going to rain the past couple of days my incision is killing me. Never felt pain in my incisions after my c-sections but I will say this surgery is much more intense. For those of you still having pain we all heal differently and it does take a while. The best thing I can say is not to overdo it no matter how good you are feeling. It took me a long time and I was not released to resume all activities until 10 weeks instead of the usual 6. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Unread 08-17-2007, 02:28 PM

Hi,

Sometimes the pain is so bad, especially after work or cleaning. I hope it will go away soon.

Have a great weekend!
Unread 08-19-2007, 04:37 PM

Ladies:

Just wanted to say a quick "hello". My mom is in town to "help", which (in reality) means that I'm more exhausted from dealing with her than I would have been if she'd stay home. She's leaving on Wednednesday...so I just have to last 3 more days....

Will check in with you for real soon.
Debi
Unread 08-19-2007, 05:20 PM

Hi Everyone. Just checking in to say hi. I hope everyone is doing better today.

Debi - How are you feeling? I hope you last another 3 days. Just remember she loves you and is trying to help.

Charlotte - Have you mentioned to your dr about your pain? I know I get some pain in my incision but I also think my incision still hurts bec the nerves around that area are what causing my back and leg pain. I hope you are feeling better.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Only two weeks left before school starts for us.
Unread 08-25-2007, 09:07 PM

Hello Ladies I hope that everyone is doing better. School start Monday and I am not so thrilled, they are moving me to a different school this year, so I won't be able to see the kids I worked with last year and that really upsets me. But I did put my resume in to a different district so I am hoping that I get that job. It will be closer to my house. And my son Michael, the one that plays football, just got the starting position of running back. He is starting on offense and defense this year. I am so happy for him. I think he will go to the NFL. He is very talented when it comes to sports. I am doing okay in school. I have got all A's so far but I have only been at this for 3 weeks so I don't expect that to keep up, but I am working really hard. Well I need to get a shower and go to bed. But please take care of yourselves. And don't be working so hard. Talk to you all later.
Your friend
Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register