Help I really think I am losing it today - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help I really think I am losing it today Help I really think I am losing it today

Unread 06-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Help I really think I am losing it today

Dear Mybabechar:

Glad you found the site ... those lumps on your incision ( I call it my seam!) are normal... I had the same freak out and went to my Doc and she assured me it was "normal" and they have gone down a bit since then. Why they (the Docs) don't just give you a meaningful pamphlet on all the things you can expect after this surgery is beyond me ... I feel like a different person too, though I must say I am finally starting to feel more like my old self ... My cousin went hrough this, only she had cancer, and I just talked with her and she said that she feels fantastic and her sex life has never been better and she is thrilled she had the surgery ... but she's very athletic and gregarious and positive thinking and successful in general, so I'm sure her general attitude on life is playing a role in how she feels about the hysterectomy ... I tend more toward depression (always have), so it's more of a struggle that way I guess... who knows? From what I've read, some women just react very poorly to this surgery and I am apparently one of them! But I can assure you, you will start to feel better, little by little... Hope this helps some!

Gertie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2007, 08:40 AM

Thanks for getting back to me. I have the same thoughts of moving and starting over. I just cannot take the mood swings and no one really understands unless they are going through it. Do you have any pain? I have pain on my left side that won't go away. So, with that and the moods, I don't know who I am any more.

Where in PA do you live? I was just there at the Crossings on Memorial Day weekend. It was a breath of fresh air and beautiful.
Unread 06-07-2007, 08:44 AM

Hi Gertie,

This does help and I hope it's normal. Did you have pain? I do. You had your surgery about three weeks before me, so if you have any more info, let me know. You're right about attitude. I tend to get depressed also. I wish it was different, but that's me.

Talk soon.

Charlotte
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2007, 09:28 PM

Hi mybabechar

I live by Uniontown Pa close to Morgantown WV. I did have some pain but it is getting better. I am now at the end of my 7th week and I am feeling alot better I just don't like these mood swings it is really upsetting and I need to do something about that. But other then that I am getting better everyday. As a matter of fact I was able to go on my treadmill for 20 mins. tonight and that was my first time back on since surgery. So I am proud of that. I will talk to you later. Have any questions I am here and if I can help I would be glad to..

TTYL
Kim
Unread 06-09-2007, 09:39 AM

Dear Charlotte:

(I love that name!) I do still have pain, but not just on one side. My pain is at and underneath the incision. Sometimes it is "pain" sometimes it is more of a tenderness. My discomfort gets worse when I sit in one place for a long time or ride in a car for a long period of time. For example, I was riding with my husband all day this week, helping him out in his real estate business, and by the end of the day I was very sore and exhausted. I also still have numbness all around the incision, but I THINK I have noticed that deminishing ... so ... on we go! Yesterday was a bad day for me, but they are not all bad!
Unread 06-10-2007, 07:46 AM

This surgery is hard to get over but on top of depression it makes it worse. I have to talk to the Dr. about getting something because I can't stand this crying and mood swings, I get so mad sometimes and that just is not me I usually am easy going. I still get real tired to. But like gertierlp said not everyday is bad. Wishing you both a BETTER DAY and an even better tomorrow.
Unread 06-10-2007, 09:00 AM

Dear whoami:

Thanks and I wish the same for you ... I know only from my own experience and of those in my family circle. I am evidently the only one who is having this kind of second guessing issue with the surgery. Which is why partly I was so surprised that I felt the way I do afterward. But, I guess it's a lesson in how every one is different and every body heals differently and we are not going to have a cookie cutter experience ... One day at a time is the mantra here!
Unread 06-10-2007, 10:14 AM

It would be sooooo nice if we all healed the same, Quick Painless, No emotional setbacks, and happy with our decision. Unfortunitly we are just not in the fast healer club, Take it easy and hopefully soon we all will be doing great!!!!!!
Unread 06-10-2007, 05:37 PM

I am on week three, at two and half weeks and had to go to bed yesterday for all the swelly belly issues...thought that just doing some studying and not going to bed at all during the day would be okay. My mind is bored and restless so it was fun to do the CD study course I am doing for my business. I was getting up and down too much from the couch, I guess? But, I noticed the pain more and was really swollen so I just took it really easy yeserday and the swelling is much better...My itchy stiches are all better, no more of the caca! I said to my DH just this morning how surprised I am that this thing has kicked my butt this hard...and I am in pretty good shape, I think. So, easy does it for sure. Thanks for the support. Laura
Unread 06-10-2007, 07:03 PM

Wow, this sounds so normal of a hormonal response. You are not alone. This is a great board to reach out to. I hope you talk to your doctor so the doctor can give you suggestions and ideas on how to approach your hormone issues after your operation. I have to talk to mine in two weeks because I an going through the same thing you are. It is challenging and can be lonely. I am thinking about going back to church to connect with the women's group that meets on Fridays that I can talk with about this for support. On line is nice, but it is great to reach out in person to an inperson group to build sisterhood.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register