Help I really think I am losing it today - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help I really think I am losing it today Help I really think I am losing it today

Unread 06-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Help I really think I am losing it today

OMG, WhoamI, no, you are not crazy. I think the people around you do not understand what you are going through especially if you are cooking, painting and babysitting. Not to judge, just repeating what you wrote. If you act well, and don't take care of yourself, you won't get well. Be strong. Who's in charge? You! So, ask for what you need, say no to doing anything for others and get some rest! If you are depressed and crying a lot, seek out someone who is healthy to help and support you. It would really help if you found a counselor who you could get some good feedback about what you are going through with your family. Our health journey brings us to many crossroads and forces us to seek out helpers to guide us to wellness. I think your anger is just, good luck. Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2007, 09:04 AM

Who am I, you're not crazy. My children feel the same way and offered no help. I thought I was the only one with this problem. I am always there for them with no complaints and now I need help and everyone is too busy. They say I am too sensitive. They really don't know what it is like to be home alone with no help and no strength to do simple tasksand now they think I am overreacting. I too, keep the house clean, go to work and stay to myself.
Sorry to hear about your neice. My prayers are with you and your family.

I too, am so grateful for all your support. This is a great site!

I will keep you posted.

Charlotte
Unread 06-13-2007, 09:15 AM

I will check out the site and let you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2007, 12:41 PM

Charlotte and WhoamI,
I can't rely on my sisters, mom....no way. They were not there when my daughter was a baby 23 years ago and went through open-heart surgery...so I never expect them to be there for me through anything in my life...thus I went through a lot of counseling to deal with the abandonment and to accept the things (people) I can not change...and hire the ones who will help me! I try to stay away from the takers/non-givers...but with my daughters, I emphasized the need for us to be there for each other. My 23 year old just had jaw reconstructive surgery a year ago February. Her father and I were by her side through it all. She is staying with me now (leaves this Sunday) and said she wanted to give back to me for helping her. But let me say when I was post surgery at 1 day, my daughter was freaked out by coming to the hospital...it brought up all her own issues about her jaw surgery. And I needed to help her get over herself so her dad could take a break and go home to sleep. I recognized what she was going through but asked her, tearfully, that she put her issues aside to help me. Nothing better than a good hissy fit...mind you this did scare her and she thought I was "losing it"...but too bad, I was losing it because she was only thinking about herself! Sometimes we have to have a heart to heart with our children and get them out of their narcissistic thinking and teach them how to be altruistic...
And if all else fails, maybe you and Charlotte need to move close to each other and be support to each other! Laura
Unread 06-13-2007, 01:14 PM

Charlotte and Laura

How are you two doing? I hope fine. I want to thank you both for your kindness and support. You have no idea what it means to me to have someone I can talk to that does not judge me and think I am a lunatic. The kids left last night at 930 so I was not able to get any sleep but thats okay I was able to catch up on some research. Thank you for the prayers for my niece I am praying to and researching things. I hope someday I can figure this all out and make some positive changes in my life and hopefully it will be soon because I sincerley do not know how much more I can take. I just wish my life was different. School is out now and I already miss it and we just got out on Monday. I am going to try to find some type of work to do this summer just to keep busy and to get out of here for a while. I will talk to you all later and I sure hope Charlotte that you know I vent alot on here and you listen so I am here if you need to vent I really know how lonely it is when the family just expects everything and does nothing in return Thanks again to both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-13-2007, 01:21 PM

mybabechar
How is your leg? I am so ignorant I forgot to ask about your leg. I hope you are doing better and I am waiting for you to go to the doctor so we know how you are. What time do you go Friday? Take it easy okay...
Unread 06-13-2007, 01:23 PM

Laura,

Good advice! but at this point it's difficult. My oldest daughter stopped talking to me 2 days before Mother's Day (same day her dad walked out on me 17 years ago) She called me at work that Thursday and said to forget Mother's Day and she'll talk to me whenever. I, to this day do not know why. She refuses to talk to me and at this point I do not want to call and talk to her because she is being selfish. I know it sounds crazy, but everything was ok and all of a sudden she snapped and not to even let my grandchildren call me on Mother's Day is too much for me. I have been devestated ever since and my pain is worse from the stress. She didn't even come to the hospital the day of my surgery and she lives here on Staten Island. I know today children are all about themselves, but I figured they see me as a helping out, they should do the same. It didn't work out that way. My mom says that my daughter just can't handle these issues, but I think differently.
Oh well, we all have stuff in our lives. There's good stuff and bad. I am trying to get through this and heal at the same time.

Thanks for listening and for the advice.

Charlotte
Unread 06-13-2007, 01:35 PM

Charlotte that is awful. Kids can hurt us more then they can ever know. I know how you feel about the grandkids I don't even know how to comfort you on that one. That is just so upsetting. You don't need this right now heck you don't need this ever. You know my DD did that to me once she hit me and told me to get out of her house and said some pretty hurtful things to me and I didn't let me see the kids for a month well I called her by mistake and when I realized who I called when she said hello I hung up she thought I did it on purpose to make up but we did in a month.I was just trying to protect her and the kids from abuse or at least that is what I thought and she turned on me, Maybe you should call her to find out what is wrong with her. that is insane......Kids just don't realize. They step on our feet when they are little and step on our hearts when their older... GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!
Unread 06-13-2007, 01:45 PM

HI,

I don't want to call her now because I do not want to get upset. I am nervous enough about the test on Friday, and she will make it worse. I do have a wonderful daughter in law and if I need her she would be there for me, but I have to ask. Sometimes that is hard for me to do. I haven't heard from my other daughter, but she'll call. Would you believe, I never had a problem with my first daughter when she was younger. She was a good child, selfish as a teenager, but that was expected, but now, I don't understand. I don't want to call her and cry because she is the one who disrespected me. She needs to figure this one out herself. I guess I should try and focus on the good and concentrate on getting healthy.

I go for my test at 2PM on Friday. Hopefully I can get to you that night or on Saturday.

I'll check tomorrow. Work has been slow, so I have some time to talk and tomorrow, all my bosses are out.

Talk to you then and thanks.

Charlotte
Unread 06-13-2007, 02:07 PM

Well you are right she should come to you. I am though if you need someone to talk to, Take care of yourself and try not to worry about all this I will put you in my prayers. Please try to get better and don't worry about all this to much because it should all be okay soon. I know not soon enough. That is how I would feel, We are here if you need us.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register